Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yes, I was trolling you, but you still managed to miss the point. My point is simple: who are you (or me or any of us) to criticise Jorgic's backhand when it is clearly a zillion times better than yours (or mine or any of us)?

Because I'm not blind and I can count.

Last edited:
Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I mentioned him because his full swing is untouchable and he can overpower Every Player In the world with his bh
I mentioned him because he use Tb zlc/05 and maybe This is the main weapon for bh oriented Player In 2020

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
his bh is very powerful, that doesn't mean it's the best.

playing vs boll

at 0:11 he misses a bh because he hits it too hard.
at 0:27 he misses his bh again because of using too much energy, too much power.
at 1:17 he misses bh again
at 1:59 again miss rather easy bh
at 2:05 miss bh again
at 3:00 miss bh again, too aggressive
I could go on and on...

personally I like ma long's bh.... it's not too offensive but he always puts the ball in the table.
also jorgen persson has a great bh.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
Nah, Olah has a very strong backhand. Very strong - in fact his overall backhand play is very devastating. Pitchford struggled to get through it. Give that some thought.

In my opinion there is many players with much better BH, like: FZD, LGY, Harimoto, LJK, TB, Calderano, Patrick Franziska

Reactions: RidTheKid and Baal
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In my opinion there is many players with much better BH, like: FZD, LGY, Harimoto, LJK, TB, Calderano, Patrick Franziska

Yeah for many players, good backhand is almost the same thing as playing level as the top players generally have good strokes. But when we usually discuss the beat backhand, we usually mean spectacular backhand topspin and it seems people want to expand it. Olah is maybe 50 to 100, but his backhand is very powerful and above his level. I have watched him enough to know that he is not as good as the players you listed, but has a more powerful and consistent backhand than quite a few of them. For spectacular backhand topspins, I will watch Olah over many of those players. My personal opinion as I have followed him for many years and I am backhand oriented in my development and have become more balanced in recent years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

playing vs boll

at 0:27 he misses his bh again because of using too much energy, too much power.
I could go on and on...

personally I like ma long's bh.... it's not too offensive but he always puts the ball in the table.

Sometimes we confuse what happens when we play a better player who is motivated to beat us with the quality of our play/stroke. Pitchford looked worse than this when he played Boll. Are you saying Pitchford doesn't have a good backhand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I like how the OP just posted the thread and never came back.

He must be looking at the "best ever" in the tittle and be like

cache.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
When you give a player an epithet of having something like "a good backhand" you have to do it in relation to something. Against a lesser opponent is can look fantastic but that does not make it a good backhand. Well it does, but good in relation to the lesser opposition. Against great players it can look ordinary or average. Can you still consider it a good backhand? Not good enough.

Sometimes we confuse what happens when we play a better player who is motivated to beat us with the quality of our play/stroke. Pitchford looked worse than this when he played Boll. Are you saying Pitchford doesn't have a good backhand?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When you give a player an epithet of having something like "a good backhand" you have to do it in relation to something. Against a lesser opponent is can look fantastic but that does not make it a good backhand. Well it does, but good in relation to the lesser opposition. Against great players it can look ordinary or average. Can you still consider it a good backhand? Not good enough.

Who gave anyone an epithet?

In the title of the thread, the phrase "best backhand ever" is followed by "?" A QUESTION MARK. So who said: "Yes, Darko's BH is the best ever." ???

Has anyone given anyone an epithet of any kind?

I have heard people say his BH is good. I have not heard too many people when pressed say his BH sucks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
NL gave Pitchford bh the epithet "good backhand" in the post i quoted, or at least insinuated it. I don't challenge that claim, simply how we reach the conclusion.

Who gave anyone an epithet?

In the title of the thread, the phrase "best backhand ever" is followed by "?" A QUESTION MARK. So who said: "Yes, Darko's BH is the best ever." ???

Has anyone given anyone an epithet of any kind?

I have heard people say his BH is good. I have not heard too many people when pressed say his BH sucks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
I like how the OP just posted the thread and never came back.

He must be looking at the "best ever" in the tittle and be like

cache.php

I have been super busy. Will post my second and final comment on this subject tomorrow. Nice panda.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Actually it does. It is up to people to see whether it is technically deficient. Bullis a high spin player and a lefty whose forehand can make many backhands look bad. Making that a matter of technique is really weird.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I you wanna showcase your backhand in front of a camera and no opposition just going through the strokes you can't get to the conslusion that it's a good backhand, not until it's put to the test of pressure from an opponent. For instance, there's a huge difference (night and day) in doing exercises with a robot or playing a league match against a skilled opponent who hits your pocket and corners and makes you question your abilities. Who cares if it looks good on video if you can't win with it? I didn't say Pitch has a bad backhand, it's how you get to that conclusion. "He has a nice powerful backhand against a rookie, he just smoked him with those rockets flying past him". No merit in that. But yes, Pitch absolutely needs to beat the likes of Boll, and so does Jorgic, otherwise it's just false marketing.

Actually it does. It is up to people to see whether it is technically deficient. Bullis a high spin player and a lefty whose forehand can make many backhands look bad. Making that a matter of technique is really weird.

playing vs boll

I could go on and on...

In the first 2 games, he had about twice as many unforced bh errors compared to his bh winners.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
NL gave Pitchford bh the epithet "good backhand" in the post i quoted, or at least insinuated it. I don't challenge that claim, simply how we reach the conclusion.

Oh god of Delphi. Oh great Phoebus Apollo.....

Phoebus Apollo: Phoebus is an epithet meaning "bright", "shining". It was an epithet that indicated Apollo was sometimes depicted as the god of the sun. It would have given an ancient Greek person familiar with all the traditional tales an instant descriptive image of the god.

Dirty Old Man: Dirty Old is a descriptive phrase that gives you an instant picture of the person being described. Just as, for the Ancient Greeks, "Pheobus" would give an instant image of some of the concepts the god Apollo was wrapped in.

"Good backhand" IS NOT AN EPITHET. It is simply a basic description. It does not give a larger than life image of Pitch. Most top players have a good BH. I have seen Pitch give FZD trouble when they go BH to BH, so, "good BH" when describing Pitch may be an understatement but IT DEFINITELY IS NOT AN EPITHET.

In your post you say: "I don't challenge the claim." But anyone who watches Pitch play can see he can play with most of the top players fairly decently BH to BH. Right?

I am left scratching my head about how you attacked NL for saying Pitch has a good BH. It is almost like your are arguing simply to argue.

Last edited: