AZXi with t05 lower arc than expected

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hey all,

I recently bought a Xiom Icecream AZXi blade, mainly for added control of my backhand, which worked. However, I thought the ALC forehand would be similair to my previous blade (Timo boll ALC), however my forehand feels completely different. My forehand used to be my deadly side but ive lost my touch. Where i used to be able to loop a ball which almost hit the ground still over the net, i feel like my loops now have barely an arc to them with the AZXi. I was wondering if this should be the case or not. I wouldve thought that the limba outer later being softer i would have a longer dwell time and therefore a higher arc or am i misunderstanding the limba/koto comparison?
Would love to hear what you think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Hey all,

I recently bought a Xiom Icecream AZXi blade, mainly for added control of my backhand, which worked. However, I thought the ALC forehand would be similair to my previous blade (Timo boll ALC), however my forehand feels completely different. My forehand used to be my deadly side but ive lost my touch. Where i used to be able to loop a ball which almost hit the ground still over the net, i feel like my loops now have barely an arc to them with the AZXi. I was wondering if this should be the case or not. I wouldve thought that the limba outer later being softer i would have a longer dwell time and therefore a higher arc or am i misunderstanding the limba/koto comparison?
Would love to hear what you think.

its probably because you got the inner carbon version... Timo boll blades are outer carbon so its a totally different design. Once you get use to the blade, inner carbon blades can be super good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
The alc side of the ice cream blades are supposed to be faster than their zlc side.

I am not trying to compare the ALC to the ZLC side, im trying to compare ALC sides from Timo Boll and the icecream with eachother. I thought that since timoboll alc has koto and limba outer layer compared to the double limba on te icecream, that i would have a higher dwell time on the rubber and that a higher dwell time would mean a higher throw arc. But what im currently seeing on my blade is an almost non existant throw arc. So my question is if i maybe misunderstand how throwarcs and dwell time work together, or how blades work in general, but something is off and im trying to pin point what it could be.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Generally your expectation is totally right. Limba Limba inner Should be less direct and have a higher throw. This does not necessarily mean slower. Perhaps you got a heavy AZXi and a light Boll?

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Changing the outer ply is not the only difference in the two blades. Ice cream is just too damn fast. My friend used one for several months and just swtched back to viscaria, and to him viscaria feels massively more control, aka slower. Viscaria ~ TB ALC, so your results match his. Sell that Xiom PoS before word gets out to everybody.

I am not trying to compare the ALC to the ZLC side, im trying to compare ALC sides from Timo Boll and the icecream with eachother. I thought that since timoboll alc has koto and limba outer layer compared to the double limba on te icecream, that i would have a higher dwell time on the rubber and that a higher dwell time would mean a higher throw arc. But what im currently seeing on my blade is an almost non existant throw arc. So my question is if i maybe misunderstand how throwarcs and dwell time work together, or how blades work in general, but something is off and im trying to pin point what it could be.

Sorry for not elaborating further. The alc side of ice cream blades are built differently in they are faster than the zlc side and somewhat lower throw than the usual alc blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Ok, so basically my thought proces in everything was correct its just that this blade is faster than it should be. That is too bad cause it cost me close to 160 euro to buy.
I have to say though that i dont really feel the increase in speed that much, its just that the low arc was bothering me. Would you guys know of any blades that would fit my description? Good control with a high arc, but with the same catapult like effect from my tb alc?
(As a side note i really like the zlc side of this blade with my dignics 05, i like the feel of it)

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Ok, so basically my thought proces in everything was correct its just that this blade is faster than it should be. That is too bad cause it cost me close to 160 euro to buy.
I have to say though that i dont really feel the increase in speed that much, its just that the low arc was bothering me. Would you guys know of any blades that would fit my description? Good control with a high arc, but with the same catapult like effect from my tb alc?
(As a side note i really like the zlc side of this blade with my dignics 05, i like the feel of it)

harimoto might be a good idea. It is still fast, but has more dwell time and therefore more control than TB ALC. Before purchasing another blade, I would have a look at the weight of your TB ALC. If it is 85-90g I would try a harimoto with ~90g

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

Marcos Freitas ALC (Limba,Alc,Limba)
Harimoto Innerforce ALC (Limba, Limba, ALC)
Apolonia ZLC (Limba, Limba, ZLC)

There is a review on YouTube of the above blades by Dan so check them out.

Myself along with few players from my club Use Apolonia ZLC, I have never used the other 2 blades but few players at my club do have Marcos Freitas ALC.

Marcos Freitas ALC is supposed to be slower and more controlled than TB ALC due to the Limba but have never tried either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
I had my firs practice with azxi last night and I found the throw of alc side to be quite much like my old trusted Maze alc. However you have to use azxi little differently than Maze. Azxi favor active play. So when I looped or drived hard the throw was higher than Maze on passive shots the carbon doesn't give you same kind of kick like you get with outer carbon blades. That might be the reason that you feel like azxi has a lower throw. I also noticed that azxi is quite sensitive with the rubber you are using. I tried it with Omega 7 pro and raster V47. Somehow Omega felt much more lively on this blade than it did on my Maze.

So to make some sense to my thoughts I will summarize those by saying that try to put just a little bit more effort to your shots and you might find that the throw gets higher.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Okay, so the last 4 weeks ive been on a journey on what rubber to get. Ive tried Hurricane 3 neo atm and didnt like the feel. I looked up recommendations online and found the most recommended rubber is xiom omega 7 pro. But this rubber has the same hardness as tenergy 05. Also on other posts i made a lot of people claimed i needed harder rubbers, meaning a more direct shot. I was wondering (like tommy16 said) if my stroke maybe should be different (I would've loved to put a video online with my stroke and if i maybe need some adjustments, but due to corona i wont be able to play for another month).
So basically is the stroke required for a good loop different from an outer carbon and an inner carbon? because if so, would anyone know somewhere where i can see some videos explaining the difference or where i can read up about it. I might just go back to tenergy and see if different strokes can generate better arcs and more control.

Okay, so the last 4 weeks ive been on a journey on what rubber to get. Ive tried Hurricane 3 neo atm and didnt like the feel. I looked up recommendations online and found the most recommended rubber is xiom omega 7 pro. But this rubber has the same hardness as tenergy 05. Also on other posts i made a lot of people claimed i needed harder rubbers, meaning a more direct shot. I was wondering (like tommy16 said) if my stroke maybe should be different (I would've loved to put a video online with my stroke and if i maybe need some adjustments, but due to corona i wont be able to play for another month).
So basically is the stroke required for a good loop different from an outer carbon and an inner carbon? because if so, would anyone know somewhere where i can see some videos explaining the difference or where i can read up about it. I might just go back to tenergy and see if different strokes can generate better arcs and more control.
Omega 7 pro is a tad softer. Try engaging the sponge more instead of just brushing the ball during contact.