says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Why was Freitas ALC a disappointment for you? Was considering to try it :)

Dislike/disappointing: Freitas ALC

To me, which is a subjective thing, it lacked ‘clarity of feeling’ and I could not come to terms with its rebound. I had expected a different feeling, a different power curve. Disappointment is born from high expectations, and I had hoped for a Viscaria with a bit deeper bite on the ball. It was probably foolish to expect that much, I now think in retrospect.

So take that with the grain of salt so generously provided by NL and others (thanks, folks).

Last edited:
Reactions: doppelganger_LT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Thank you! Interestingly, increased control and feel is one of the advertising points for the Freitas ALC :eek:

To me, which is a subjective thing, it lacked ‘clarity of feeling’ and I could not get to terms with its rebound. I had expected a different feeling, a different power curve. Disappointment is born in high expectations, and I had hoped for a Viscaria with a bit deeper bite on the ball. It was probably foolish to expect that much, I now think in retrospect.

So take that with the grain of salt so generously provided by NL and others (thanks, folks).

says What is better Stiga Genesis II M or Stiga Mantra M...
Jan 2020
Here, I found a photo of one of the things I am talking about:

View attachment 20856

cache.php

That just should not happen. And that is fresh out of the box. I think that may have been Phamster's blade. But I saw that happen to two Stiga blades that Smash_Fan got also. to me, that is beyond negligent.

How long ago were these photos taken?

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How long ago were these photos taken?

I think that photo was from 2015. But over more than a decade I saw many things like that from Stiga. Many things like what I described. I would hope they have fixed them. Perhaps they have. But I have no need of giving them a 45th chance. :)

I got many things from Stiga that were good. But just as many that were worse than terrible. So, for me, I don't need to give them any more chances even if I like certain stuff they make. Overall, they are a shoddy company. I have never seen a blade from Butterfly that came delaminated out of the box like that. I have never seen any of the crazy weird things I have seen from Stiga from any other brand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
To me, which is a subjective thing, it lacked ‘clarity of feeling’ and I could not come to terms with its rebound. I had expected a different feeling, a different power curve. Disappointment is born from high expectations, and I had hoped for a Viscaria with a bit deeper bite on the ball. It was probably foolish to expect that much, I now think in retrospect.

This evaluation of yours is actually in the Butterfly spec chart if you read and interpret it. This is why I have never bought a Freitas despite being a limba lover.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Putting "best" at the title is a recipe for the Armageddon at any thread.

Lets keep it simple:
If you had to choose only one brand to supply ALL your TT stuff, for personal use, for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Pick one, and that's all.
Yeah, exactly. A comment-bite title.

And it worked. Also with me. Shit.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Here, I found a photo of one of the things I am talking about:

View attachment 20856

cache.php

That just should not happen. And that is fresh out of the box. I think that may have been Phamster's blade. But I saw that happen to two Stiga blades that Smash_Fan got also. to me, that is beyond negligent.

Oh man, that’s unacceptable indeed.
I noticed that most of the problems I heard from Stiga (apart from splintering), involved an Infinity blade, and I heard about Infinity delaminating before, but never saw this image.

Do you noticed that if the problems you guys saw with Stiga blades, happened with whatever model, or mostly with some specific models?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Do you noticed that if the problems you guys saw with Stiga blades, happened with whatever model, or mostly with some specific models?

I saw at least 5 Infinities that delaminated. But I have seen problems from Stiga with every model. I know someone who had delimitation of plies from a Rosewood. I have a friend who had an Ebenholz VII where the handle fell off on one side.

If you search "delamination Stiga Blades" on line you will find a thread made by PingPongHolic on MyTT where he shows photos of a Stiga Emerald where the top ply shreds and delaminates. I did not post the photos because the photo quality was really bad.

But, here, this is what did it for me:

I figured would put some photos of the Stiga Shoes:
View attachment 5108View attachment 5109

View attachment 5110View attachment 5111

It is true that I used these shoes for about 6 months after they started ripping. But, the rips happened within 2 months of me starting to use them. And I have never had any kind of shoe rip like that. You can see that it is the material that they made the shoes with that is weak and tore. The Material could not withstand the lateral movement.

For some reason the photos are not showing here, but if you click on those links listed as attachments, you can see photos of the shoes.

That is from this thread:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?6620-Table-Tennis-Shoes

I do not care if Stiga fixed things and made better shoes. Those shoes were their top of the line. They were a birthday present to me. Within two months they were falling apart. I have never seen shoes that were so expensive that were so cheap.

I was able to put my whole hand into one of those holes in the side of the right shoe. There is no excuse for this junk begin put out as a top of the line shoe for over $100.00.

Regardless of whether Stiga fixed the problem in the end, that these went on the market at the price there went for and were not tested for this before STIGA PUT THEIR NAME ON THE PRODUCT, I WILL BLAME STIGA. I have never seen that happen to any other shoe, not like that. I even had a cheap pair of TT shoes from China that were no name shoes that were significantly better than those Stiga shoes.

That those went out on the market with Stiga's name on it is entirely on STIGA.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here: see half way down the page, the photos of the Stiga Emerald where the top ply is tearing and delaminating:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/pphs-stiga-emerald-vps-chinese-penhold-review_topic69826.html

PPH is talking about fixing the blade, but that is really an example of poor build quality in my book. And that was also a top of the line blade back then.

If the product is not ready to go on the market, you wait till you fix the problems. Stiga has not done that in the past. Even though PPH was saying how good that blade felt, the top ply tearing like that is totally crazy.

I am glad they make some good blades. I do think they do. But the company itself, in my opinion, is budget at best.

Last edited:
Jan 2020
I think the blades by Stiga really only get good after the Master and TeXtreme series came out.

Ok well now we know that Stiga is definitely out of the picture.

So for blades, based on this thread, I would say:
1. Butterfly
2. Nittaku
3. DHS
4. Xiom
5. Donic or Tibhar

Rubber I haven't really seen too much talk about it so we should.
If you disagree with this let me know so we can debate about it more!

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the blades by Stiga really only get good after the Master and TeXtreme series came out.

Ok well now we know that Stiga is definitely out of the picture.

So for blades, based on this thread, I would say:
1. Butterfly
2. Nittaku
3. DHS
4. Xiom
5. Donic or Tibhar

Rubber I haven't really seen too much talk about it so we should.
If you disagree with this let me know so we can debate about it more!

Master is a handle type. Not a blade series.

And the best stuff Stiga ever made was in the 1970s, 80s and early 90s. Somewhere around 2004 quality control went out the window.

But starting around 2017 they may have started making some better things. I just cannot trust a company that would put out any of the aberrations they have put out even if I think some of their stuff feels good.

Jan 2020
Master is a handle type. Not a blade series.

And the best stuff Stiga ever made was in the 1970s, 80s and early 90s. Somewhere around 2004 quality control went out the window.

But starting around 2017 they may have started making some better things. I just cannot trust a company that would put out any of the aberrations they have put out even if I think some of their stuff feels good.

I want to believe you that the quality is very bad, and I do, but I have also seen a lot of people have said good things about the Infinity VPS V.

Some people say if you seal it you'll be fine. But sealer can cost an extra $15. Are there any other options similar to the Infinty that you would recommend? I know BTY Petr Korbel is a good alternative.

Also how good is OSP's quality? I have neve heard of them.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
pfalconett680 said:
Are OSP blades ITTF approved?

Sorry, I felt like this answer can be made in any of your threads.

Blades don’t need or get ITTF approval. Rubbers and balls may get ITTF approval. But blades, they don’t have or need an approval.

But, this leads me to a question I have asked in one of your threads, and then a few more questions:

1) How old are you?
2) How long have you been playing TT?
3) Can you describe how you play TT?
4) Can you give your best estimate of your play level?
5) Would it be possible for you to post a short amount of footage of you playing: maybe 15 seconds of FH and 15 seconds of BH?

I feel the answers to these questions may shed some light on some of the questions you seem interested in asking.

Jan 2020
Sorry, I felt like this answer can be made in any of your threads.

Blades don’t need or get ITTF approval. Rubbers and balls may get ITTF approval. But blades, they don’t have or need an approval.

But, this leads me to a question I have asked in one of your threads, and then a few more questions:

1) How old are you?
2) How long have you been playing TT?
3) Can you describe how you play TT?
4) Can you give your best estimate of your play level?

I feel the answers may shed some light on some of the questions you seem interested in asking.

I'm 15, I have been playing for 4 years now, I like to loop, FH smash and BH flick, and I'd say I'm an Intermediate player. I don't play nationally, but I have won tournaments in my state. My USATT score is about 1650-somewhere around there.

I never really cared about equipment because My coach when I was age 11-14 (I switched coach this year because the other one passed away) said it wasn't that important. But this year my new coach said the same, but still wanted me to upgrade my equipment, got me into it. I didn't know much about it, and came here, looking for help, after I watched Dan review Stiga DNA Pro H with Truls Moregard.