says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I want to believe you that the quality is very bad, and I do, but I have also seen a lot of people have said good things about the Infinity VPS V.

Some people say if you seal it you'll be fine. But sealer can cost an extra $15. Are there any other options similar to the Infinty that you would recommend? I know BTY Petr Korbel is a good alternative.

Also how good is OSP's quality? I have neve heard of them.

Look for my thread on sealing. Sealing can cost $0.15 if you know what you are doing. And any place you order from will seal if you are having them put the rubbers on. They will do it free of charge.

It isn’t whether Stiga is good or bad.

I have gotten blades from them that were excellent. I have gotten other blades of the same exact make and model that were not just terrible but criminal.

So, the quality control has sucked. And they did nothing to fix it for at least 17 years. If they have fixed it now, I am glad. But I definitely am not going to trust them.

And that they let such shoddy quality products ever go out their door with their brand name on it tells me that what they have done in the past should not be hidden.

OSP blades are great. I like sealing all my blades. Some people don’t. Most blades are fine without. But you have to decide for yourself.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm 15, I have been playing for 4 years now, I like to loop, FH smash and BH flick, and I'd say I'm an Intermediate player. I don't play nationally, but I have won tournaments in my state. My USATT score is about 1650-somewhere around there.

I never really cared about equipment because My coach when I was age 11-14 (I switched coach this year because the other one passed away) said it wasn't that important. But this year my new coach said the same, but still wanted me to upgrade my equipment, got me into it. I didn't know much about it, and came here, looking for help, after I watched Dan review Stiga DNA Pro H with Truls Moregard.

Any chance you can post a small amount of footage from a match. I would love to see you play.

All this sounds good.

Based on what you said, I can think of any number of setups that would be good for you.

Why not a Korbel with Tenergy 05 on BH and Tenergy 05FX on BH. Use that and call it a day. That should be good enough to take your level to 2150.

For the most part, when you consider their best equipment and the build quality on their blades, I would say, in many ways, Butterfly is the best company.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For a young player who is at about the level you described, who knows how to spin and works with a coach, Butterfly equipment may cost a little more. But it will also last longer. And it does what it is supposed. And you won’t get an outlier product that was missed by quality control inspection and should have been thrown in the garbage heap.

says What is better Stiga Genesis II M or Stiga Mantra M...
Jan 2020
Any chance you can post a small amount of footage from a match. I would love to see you play.

All this sounds good.

Based on what you said, I can think of any number of setups that would be good for you.

Why not a Korbel with Tenergy 05 on BH and Tenergy 05FX on BH. Use that and call it a day. That should be good enough to take your level to 2150.

For the most part, when you consider their best equipment and the build quality on their blades, I would say, in many ways, Butterfly is the best company.

Well where I practice doesn't have enough space for filming, and my coach teaches me at that facility before It opens. We don't have many places dedicated to tt in Tennessee, so we reserve a tennis court at a sports complex and have 12 tables there. Long story short I can't provide a video.

Jan 2020
So what do you guys think is the best brand for rubber?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So what do you guys think is the best brand for rubber?

You can get good enough rubbers from many many brands. I would say Tenergy is still better than anything else.

H3 is a different kind of rubber. And for the kind of rubber it is, H3 is also the best.

But, again, there is no such thing as best. So a rubber that works for one person may not work for another.

But if you look at how many top pros use Tenergy, I don't think anything compares to it in those terms.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well where I practice doesn't have enough space for filming, and my coach teaches me at that facility before It opens. We don't have many places dedicated to tt in Tennessee, so we reserve a tennis court at a sports complex and have 12 tables there. Long story short I can't provide a video.

You don't need space to film. You just need a cell phone and a friend who is willing to stand 10 feet away for 2 min and film 15 seconds of FH and 15 seconds of BH.

You don't need to. But it is interesting, seeing yourself play will help you improve.

Your style defines the wood and the rubber that would suit it. Some people prefer the Tenergy series while for some the nittku fastarc series work well.
It would be more beneficial if you discussed this with a table tennis coach because coaches are better at analysis.. i took my coach's advice (for wood only) and it payed rich dividends.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
People in China have come to consider the following as mild and proof of a genuine product from Stiga since knockoffs have trouble copying that. :p This has gained them the nickname 拉絲卡(brushed card) since it rhymes with 斯帝卡(Stiga).

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6364090800?red_tag=0635168147
CqrGpXr.jpg

Moderate
xAearKZ.jpg

Severe
Yaams80.jpg

For whatever reason, the casualty is especially high for Dynasty Carbon. Many in China have bought it brand new from Japan and claim the top ply is thin like paper.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6362617763?red_tag=1477484377
WtsPWId.jpg

Brand new, untouched.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6255950652?red_tag=2946068672
wp0ynJK.jpg

mEq9Mex.jpg

And folks in China use the slang term 浪(wave) to describe XX's game...
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6408050643?red_tag=3211197172
VRsNg8U.jpg

The Japanese distributor is nice enough to slip in a leaflet advising the owner to seal it and the poster humored the "request", only for this to happen during application...
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6286241212?red_tag=3510339083
Dl00U8V.jpg

0SuHeig.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2020
You can get good enough rubbers from many many brands. I would say Tenergy is still better than anything else.

H3 is a different kind of rubber. And for the kind of rubber it is, H3 is also the best.

But, again, there is no such thing as best. So a rubber that works for one person may not work for another.

But if you look at how many top pros use Tenergy, I don't think anything compares to it in those terms.

Now a lot of them are using Dignics 09c

Jan 2020
Hey what are the odds of getting a faulty Stiga blade in the US? I've been thinking a bout switching to either Stiga Infinity VPS V or BTY Petr Korbel.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now a lot of them are using Dignics 09c

I would still say T05 is best rubber for spinning the hell out of the ball. If you have pretty high level technique and the power to have deep impact on those hard rubbers, then you will get good results with the harder rubbers.

But you have to have serious deep impact with power on your shots and high level technique to get deep impact and not bottom out.

At medium hardness nothing spins like T05. And medium hardness rubbers like T05 are probably what would be best for you. Maybe there are other rubbers that will perform as well as T05 at that hardness. But it is kind of hard to beat T05.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
People in China have come to consider the following as mild and proof of a genuine product from Stiga since knockoffs have trouble copying that. :p This has gained them the nickname 拉絲卡(brushed card) since it rhymes with 斯帝卡(Stiga).

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6364090800?red_tag=0635168147
cache.php

Moderate
cache.php

Severe
cache.php

For whatever reason, the casualty is especially high for Dynasty Carbon. Many in China have bought it brand new from Japan and claim the top ply is thin like paper.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6362617763?red_tag=1477484377
cache.php

Brand new, untouched.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6255950652?red_tag=2946068672
cache.php

cache.php

And folks in China use the slang term 浪(wave) to describe XX's game...
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6408050643?red_tag=3211197172
cache.php

The Japanese distributor is nice enough to slip in a leaflet advising the owner to seal it and the poster humored the "request", only for this to happen during application...
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6286241212?red_tag=3510339083
cache.php

cache.php

This is a great post Zeio. Thanks.

That sealed topsheet that bubbled away from the middle ply, that is crazy. Sorry, show me photos of Butterfly blades with stuff like in Zeio's photos. I personally don't think you can. And the idea that you can find so many photos out there of things like this from Stiga blades really does say something.

Last edited: