says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
People in China have come to consider the following as mild and proof of a genuine product from Stiga since knockoffs have trouble copying that. :p This has gained them the nickname 拉絲卡(brushed card) since it rhymes with 斯帝卡(Stiga).

Sorry to go back to this. But this is totally hysterical that this is how they tell if it is an authentic Stiga blade and that the counterfeiters cannot make their blades as....shall we say delicately....or should we call it what it is and say....the counterfeiters cannot make their blades with as poor a build quality....as Stiga does and that this has earned them a nickname.

I think that says soooooo much. :)

Sorry. I used to love Stiga blades. There was a time when they really were the best. They felt so good. They still feel really good. They do serve a purpose. But there was a time when they were really solid. At a certain point they started making blades that were disposable. Play, use it. It feels good. You change the rubber and need a new blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel and zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Me waiting for my Stiga Eternity to arrive:

cache.php

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Sorry to go back to this. But this is totally hysterical that this is how they tell if it is an authentic Stiga blade and that the counterfeiters cannot make their blades as....shall we say delicately....or should we call it what it is and say....the counterfeiters cannot make their blades with as poor a build quality....as Stiga does and that this has earned them a nickname.

I think that says soooooo much. :)

Sorry. I used to love Stiga blades. There was a time when they really were the best. They felt so good. They still feel really good. They do serve a purpose. But there was a time when they were really solid. At a certain point they started making blades that were disposable. Play, use it. It feels good. You change the rubber and need a new blade.

What I find funny is the claim that it is the case with every brand, as if we are speaking about the odd delaminated blade as opposed to a strong trend with Stiga. I used to buy and delaminate Stiga blades in pairs. It wasn't worth it. And their dubious QC when building top plies was evident in their shoddy workmanship as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I wonder does this happen with Yasaka as well? They are from the same factory no?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Not sure. Most of them just share the pictures to sneer at Stiga's nickname, give people a chuckle and say they'll never buy again despite how they like the feel.

If they got it from say taobao.com and jd.com, there's a 7-day no-questions-asked refund policy, but most of these usually happen way after that when they replace the rubber, and I think the case where the owner seals the blade is not covered...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
Did any of these people got in contact with Stiga after these things happened? Did anyone got refunded or something? Or it was just something like "Oh, thanks for reporting, take this 2% discount code and better luck next time"

Tabletennis11 were good enough to give me credit to the value of the blade on the strength of the photograph (it was just under 3 months old), not knowing what to do with the blade, I sent it back to Stiga at my own expense, they didn't even acknowledge or contact me in any way.

With the rubber with the incorrect LARC number both Tabletennis11 and myself emailed Stiga and neither got a reply. Since the rubber was otherwise fine, I just carried on using it.

I really liked feel of the Emerald until it delaminated and would have replaced it with the same again had they done anything to reassure me that I wouldn't have the same problem again.

Last edited:
Reactions: lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
[...] I sent it back to Stiga at my own expense, they didn't even acknowledge or contact me in any way.

With the rubber with the incorrect LARC number both Tabletennis11 and myself emailed Stiga and neither got a reply. [...]

Now, for me, this is worse than selling bad products.

Kudos to TT11 for the good customer support.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Did any of these people got in contact with Stiga after these things happened? Did anyone got refunded or something? Or it was just something like "Oh, thanks for reporting, take this 2% discount code and better luck next time"

I do have a friend who got an Infinity, had the blade delaminate, got in touch with Stiga, he sent the blade back, they sent him a new one and it happened to the replacement as well.

I think he got in touch with them because he is a business big wig and had a connection in the company. But after the second blade, he laughed and said he would never get a Stiga blade again.

Lol. Hahahaha.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dignics or Tenergy you guys?

If you are really strong, hit really freaking hard, have deep impact and are skilled at controlling that deep impact, Dignics will be fine. If you are 15 and about a 1650 level player, you will not be able to access 1/8 of what Dignics can do for you. With T05 you will be able to access 2/3 of what it can do.

Rozena FTW.

But, honestly, yoass may have a point. Rozena may be better for you than either Tenergy or Dignics.

If I was you I would decide between Tenergy and Rozena and not bother with and not bother with a rubber that costs 100.00 USD when you won't be able to utilize half of what it could give a high level player.

No need for a formula 1 car to drive to school.

In a lot of ventures getting the highest level equipment helps you improve faster. In TT, it actually often makes it take longer to get better because you need to have more precise, higher level technique to use it. And trust me, the technique of a 2800 level player is different from a 2500 level player is different from a 2200 level player is different from a 1900 level player is different from a 1600 level player.

The amount more spin the higher level players get is not something you can quantify when you are still solidly below 2000. It is not the equipment. It is the technique. When you have the technique, you will understand equipment well enough to understand exactly what will work best for you.

Last edited: