Expectation vs Reality | Table Tennis Edition

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I very much would like to play Andrzej Grubba or Dragutin Šurbek, who I both much admired as a kid. I found Grubba's game so balanced, versatile, and beautiful to watch; and as for Šurbek, I wonder if I could manage to block or counter his FH loops, which to my memory are among the most powerful I've ever seen, even if only once.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I very much would like to play Andrzej Grubba or Dragutin Šurbek, who I both much admired as a kid. I found Grubba's game so balanced, versatile, and beautiful to watch; and as for Šurbek, I wonder if I could manage to block or counter his FH loops, which to my memory are among the most powerful I've ever seen, even if only once.
very sadly your match with Surbek will have to wait until you enter Table Tennis Valhala since he passed away a couple of years ago. He was one of the greats of his day for sure!

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
very sadly your match with Surbek will have to wait until you enter Table Tennis Valhala since he passed away a couple of years ago. He was one of the greats of his day for sure!

Well, yes, and Grubba is also not with us anymore. Which is actually a reason why, when being offered an unlimited offer to state a wish, I'd go for either of these two.

Not that I'd mind a matchup with, let's say, Jörgen Persson, Mikail Appelgren, Jörg Roßkopf, Desmond Douglas, Bettine Vriesekoop, Fliura Bulatova, John Hilton. Still very much unlikely. But is the challenge of dreams not to dream the impossible one?