Hurricane 3 neo provincial 39 Orange Sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I have played with 40 degree hardness boosted blue sponge H3 provincial. Is 39 degree hardness boosted orange sponge going to be easier to play with it and will it require less power. Please let me know.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
So the speed the difference between the two is only when we hit very hard right? So basically 39 is a more controlled, easy to use less powerful at high speed version right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I haven't used the orange sponge but a 39 degree national blue sponge, and the 41 degree I use now require a quicker swing to get the same speed. But I will never bottom out a 41 degree most probably :D

On softer swings the softer 39 degree will offer a little more speed from the catapult effect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
What I'm still considered about (even dedicated a thread to this subject) is, they say that the harder sponge, the less speed it has. I tried H3 Neo commercial 39° and I tried Yinhe Big Dipper of unknown hardness (was quite hard, probably 40 (max hardness of it). Now, I didn't like the H3 — for me, it was too bouncy. I'm not a lazy player and I'm used to hit hard. And the ball frequently was flying either away from the table or into the net. Was too sensitive to incoming speed.
When I played with the Big Dipper, I liked it way more and felt more control. So for me, it wasn't easier to play with a softer rubber.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
So whilst neither rubber are designed for this, if we got a high ball and want to drive a winner, presumably 40 degrees is better for this?
I mean once we get the pop up ball we should not be re looping it?