Cleaning rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I am relly sorry for posting this much threads, but I am new to this sport and I dont relly heve a coach. I have seen some threads where people talk about rubber cleaning. What should you use to clean rubbers and does it help with its durability?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I use water spray and suck it dry with this:
cache.php

I have this device laying around for cleaning windows and most of the time I clean my rubbers when I come from practice. When it comes to wether it prolongs rubber life it depends on the rubbers itself. Sticky rubbers get filthy quick when not cleaned. My sticky rubbers perform better when clean so I clean them regularly and in case they got dirty when I am practicing I just breath on them and wipe with forearm. As far wether it could damage rubbers, I've heard that IPA or other alcohols might damage it. Hard headed engineers will know better and probably share their knowledge.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I am relly sorry for posting this much threads, but I am new to this sport and I dont relly heve a coach. I have seen some threads where people talk about rubber cleaning. What should you use to clean rubbers and does it help with its durability?

The best and simplest solution I've found is spraying a little distilled water (free of minerals and impurities) after each time I play and rubbing it off with the Yasaka cleaning sponge (black side only). Also covering my rubbers with protective sheets once my rubbers are clean. Doing this will significantly increase the life of your rubbers.

For the spray bottle, I use an old Butterfly cleaner bottle that I emptied out. I don't recommend the TT brands cleaner are they are expensive and just water with a bit of soapy solution which is actually not that good for your rubbers. So if you buy one, just buy it for the spray.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
I've been using just water and soap. My premade lasted 4 years with this (but I also was constantly breathing on it during gameplay).

Reactions: Marko
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I have two sponges (by accident :D )- one foam and one chamois and a cleaner. I carry foam to my club and use it with a tap water, and once in a week I use the cleaner with chamois sponge which I have at my home.

But what I wanted to say, don't put too much thinking into it. You are not cleaning arteries here. Clean with water and use a cleaner once in a while if you have one and you are good to go.

20190104_133438.jpg

20190104_133447.jpg

20180418_131839.jpg