Cheaper version of w968

Hey guys.
As the title suggests I am searching for a new blade similar to DHS w968 but cheaper as the only one that I am able to find is in prott.vip and the price is 480$ which is a lot. I am currently playing with DHS w997 and I am using the blade for 5 years so I am quite used to it.
I'll be really grateful if someone can suggest me something that is up to 200$

HL5 is a stiffer and less linear version of W968
Fang Bo2 is a even stiffer version.

Yasaka Atletico Power keeps the woody feeling but ceiling is a bit lower than 968.

Donic No1 Ovtcharov is HL5, Donic No1 Ovtcharov senso is a better HL5 (some where between normal HL5 and W968)

For 200$ I would get a used letter 968. You can find a letter 968 with pretty decent condition for that price in China.
Outside China I have no idea. I would say just get HL5 or No1 senso.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
How does tenergy 05 hard go with it? Any non tacky rubber that goes perfectly with w968 for forehand?
HL5 is a stiffer and less linear version of W968
Fang Bo2 is a even stiffer version.

Yasaka Atletico Power keeps the woody feeling but ceiling is a bit lower than 968.

Donic No1 Ovtcharov is HL5, Donic No1 Ovtcharov senso is a better HL5 (some where between normal HL5 and W968)

For 200$ I would get a used letter 968. You can find a letter 968 with pretty decent condition for that price in China.
Outside China I have no idea. I would say just get HL5 or No1 senso.

How does tenergy 05 hard go with it? Any non tacky rubber that goes perfectly with w968 for forehand?

I've tried T05H on it. Feels fine. Currently I am playing D05 and T64, with no problem.

But, some higher level player may find it lack of support when combine with non-tacky rubbers. There is a variation called W968-6, which is modifily specifically for non-tacky rubbers. It has a slightly thicken core, making it more support and a little be more stiff.
(Because the sponge of non-tacky rubbers are softer than hurricane rubbers, after increasing the core thickness, the over all stiffness would feels similar)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Does dignics 05 feel better than tenergy 05 hard? Moreover how is tenergy 64 on backhand.Is tenergy 64 very bouncy and fast on backhand on w968?
I've tried T05H on it. Feels fine. Currently I am playing D05 and T64, with no problem.

But, some higher level player may find it lack of support when combine with non-tacky rubbers. There is a variation called W968-6, which is modifily specifically for non-tacky rubbers. It has a slightly thicken core, making it more support and a little be more stiff.
(Because the sponge of non-tacky rubbers are softer than hurricane rubbers, after increasing the core thickness, the over all stiffness would feels similar)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Yeah i will wait for D09C on the forehand. I was talking about t05 on the backhand. Its too uncontrollable and bouncy for me on backhand. Is t64 better?
Try dignics instread (or just wait for D09C - the butterfly tacky rubber )

This user has no status.
Ive bought numereus blades from prott and responsebly can tell they are fakes. For the comparisone bought from tt 11 and imediatly felt the diference. Play characteristics may are similare. But qualityu is terible. Wood comming of with the rubber from sweet spot. Blades ive bought : 301 , 2 psc , Long 5x 2 psc.
Hey guys.
As the title suggests I am searching for a new blade similar to DHS w968 but cheaper as the only one that I am able to find is in prott.vip and the price is 480$ which is a lot. I am currently playing with DHS w997 and I am using the blade for 5 years so I am quite used to it.
I'll be really grateful if someone can suggest me something that is up to 200$

I bought some neo h3 national from prott and I can say from first hand experience they are not what I expected and I have tried an original neo h3 before. So I won't purchase anything from that merchant anymore cuz I am sure most of the stuff there are fake.
As for the blade I might try Fang Bo 2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What was your experience with H3N National from Prott? I've purchased several 41 degree from them and from another trustworthy source and they play like they should. My conclusion is that they are original.

I bought some neo h3 national from prott and I can say from first hand experience they are not what I expected and I have tried an original neo h3 before. So I won't purchase anything from that merchant anymore cuz I am sure most of the stuff there are fake.
As for the blade I might try Fang Bo 2.

Reactions: bobpuls
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I also did buy rubbers from prott and I was always satisfied. And if you want to be 100% sure about if it is genuine, then wait for next big national event and buy one there... But be quick.. They are just in small amount available there.
And for prott... He is selling different versions and with different age... So i hope you know what you are buying.