Loki Rubbers

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
View attachment 22526
Loki Arthur Europe.
View attachment 22527
Loki Arthur Asia.

Packaging was good quality, each rubber has a plastic film on the top sheet that was very satisfying to peel off!!! You could tell straight away that they were tacky!! There’s nothing like peeling a film off a tacky top sheet!!
On inspection the quality looked and felt very good, These rubbers are made in Germany for Loki and I would then think they are classed as a ‘Hybrid’ rubber, ESN sponge, Chinese style tacky top sheet.

Sponge thickness is 2.0mm
Both have Black sponge

Arthur Asia has a sticky top sheet, when I did the tackiness test, the ball was held by the top sheet for a couple of seconds. Which is about the same as the std sheet of H3 i have and longer than D09 C.
Arthur Europe was similar, so it appears that the top sheet may well be the same.
I have the Asia with a black top sheet and Red for the Europe version.

Sponges vary in hardness, this could be felt when the rubbers were pinched. On the packaging no specific degree of hardness were given.
The Asia version has a ‘very hard’ top sheet, diameter of pore - medium, density of pore - large
The Europe version has a ‘hard’ top sheet, diameter of pore - large, density of pore - medium

The difference could easily be seen, the Asia sponge surface was smoother, indicating the smaller pore size whereas the Europe sponge had a rougher / sort of grainy surface, due to the larger por diameter.

Both sheets were boosted with 2 coats of sea moon booster, the doming was minimal, another coat maybe needed to bring out a better dome and tensioning of the rubber, although I just wanted to soften them up a little!!

Rubbers were glued to a Dotec Ovtcharov Off blade, Asia on FH and Europe on BH.
So, due to the nature of the blade, which has specific BH / FH sides, review of general play, topspin, block, push,chop etc are specific to Asia on FH and Europe on BH.
Because my service grip does not really hold the handle, both Asia and Europe were used for FH serves.
View attachment 22529

Serving
Both rubbers performed very well, producing some very spin loaded serves. Good kick with side/topspin serves. A good amount of bend through the air as well with side, side/top and side/bottom serves.
I thought that the Europe version was slightly more ‘user friendly’ a little easier to serve with, although the level of spin was very good and similar between the two. Ghost (high backspin) serves were also good with nice acceleration back towards the net (when my technique allowed!!!)

General play (with robot)
As far as speed is concerned, the Asia version is probably a little quicker, although the Europe version makes you think it’s quicker because it’s sponge is slightly more springy. ( I think this is why I felt the Europe version was more user friendly for serves)
FH (Asia) very nice to topspin and loop with, high spin when looping very good dip/drag down of the ball onto the table and good kick. Also felt controlled.
pushing was controlled, good spin. Blocking was also good nice and crisp!! Chopping is okay, good spin, technique needs to be good(better than mine!!) Flatter hitting was better than I expected!!! Sensitivity to incoming spin is no different to other tacky rubbers I’ve used.
BH is really a repeat of the above !!!

Both rubbers are similar, a little more effort is needed with the Asia version. They are a good alternative worth considering.

Finally, this is my 1st purchase from Asia, and they were bought through Amazon’s US site, the seller being PingPong House which I believe is in Thailand. Hopefully these are legit !!! Fingers crossed!!!

i

//////////Packaging was good quality, each rubber has a plastic film on the top sheet that was very satisfying to peel off!!! You could tell straight away that they were tacky!! There’s nothing like peeling a film off a tacky top sheet!! /////////

I got a RXTON 5 just to see what all the fuss is about and because e everybody says this on is sticky or tacky.
I also like the """"pull""" when i removed the protective film but OH dear !!!! It is the protective film that IS STICKY !!!!!
The actual Rubber NOT SO MUCH. Disappointing 😖

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

//////////Packaging was good quality, each rubber has a plastic film on the top sheet that was very satisfying to peel off!!! You could tell straight away that they were tacky!! There’s nothing like peeling a film off a tacky top sheet!! /////////

I got a RXTON 5 just to see what all the fuss is about and because e everybody says this on is sticky or tacky.
I also like the """"pull""" when i removed the protective film but OH dear !!!! It is the protective film that IS STICKY !!!!!
The actual Rubber NOT SO MUCH. Disappointing 😖

Hi Lodro,

Haven’t tried the RXTON series of rubbers, the Arthur Asia and Europe top sheets were reasonably tacky, not overly tacky, but they have maintained the same level of tackiness quite well. N80 had the most tackiness from memory, but I have given this rubber away so can’t check what it’s like now.

Just received 2 sheets of Double Fish QIJI High Bounce, with ‘osmose inverse’ technology!!!! (WTH!!!) Apparently this helps the rubber to maintain its tackiness!!!! Only seen 1 review for this rubber which was a surprisingly good review!!! Waiting for a blade to turn up to glue them onto!!!!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hi Lodro,

Haven’t tried the RXTON series of rubbers, the Arthur Asia and Europe top sheets were reasonably tacky, not overly tacky, but they have maintained the same level of tackiness quite well. N80 had the most tackiness from memory, but I have given this rubber away so can’t check what it’s like now.

Just received 2 sheets of Double Fish QIJI High Bounce, with ‘osmose inverse’ technology!!!! (WTH!!!) Apparently this helps the rubber to maintain its tackiness!!!! Only seen 1 review for this rubber which was a surprisingly good review!!! Waiting for a blade to turn up to glue them onto!!!!

Double Fish QIJI High Bounce, with ‘osmose inverse’ technology!!!! (WTH!!!)

What do they think of next ? 😁

I'm never really sure about the difference between ""stickiness"" and ""tackiness"""
I assume that stickiness makes the balls stick right on to the rubber and one can lift the balls up without them dropping off the blade.
While tackiness might be the kind of "grip" the ball gets from the rubber but this might be a "grey area" . ?????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I'm not aware of any other company besides ESN that produces table tennis rubbers in Germany... but now I'm tempted to try the new Loki Arthur China https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005003036393920.html after having to take a look around in their official store...

It could be good, but it seems that it is not the same "carbon black sponge" as the other Arthur series. It says hard orange sponge, which sounds like it may be more akin to the Hurricane 3 sponge.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
loki rxton v how many degrees is the sponge?
Anyone knows ?

nope, nobody gives any numbers. My guess is about a 39 compared with a H3

And just in case somebody plans to purchase some Rxtron 5 they are now sold in a new cover.
The merchants do their usual "spiel" : The cover is different but the rubbers are the same""" THEY ARE NOT !!!!!!!!!

The new version is very obviously made on a different press. The "relief" of the text and emblem are nowhere near as deep and clear as the previous version.
They are also even less tacky than before. I would nearly be prepared to say they are a fake.

Here some dribble or justifications from the merchant
Dear customers, the LOKI we sell is indeed original. We just asked the person in charge of LOKI to explain your question. The LOKI manufacturer replied that the production of rubber is mass production, and there may be slight differences in rubber properties due to different batches. This is the case of mass production. Rubber can be used normally without quality problems.
:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
loki rxton v how many degrees is the sponge?
Anyone knows ?

Not certain, but it feels like 39/40 compared to DHS H3N sponges. Rxton III is similar, but with a slightly softer sponge, a little less spin perhaps. The Rxton III worked better for me on my forehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I tested my friend's Arthur Asia and Arthur Europe rubber. For a $30, they work as a cheaper alternative to ESN. They are really not like Chinese rubbers, they have the ESN-style catapult. The "carbo" sponge is hard and bouncy. I found they were quite fast.

I really think more people should give them a try to replace the more expensive ESN rubbers.

Not certain, but it feels like 39/40 compared to DHS H3N sponges. Rxton III is similar, but with a slightly softer sponge, a little less spin perhaps. The Rxton III worked better for me on my forehand.

The Rxton 3 I had was like 37-38 degrees H3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hello, I bought the year 2021, this loki brand carbon blade with a tubular handle. I've used it and quite like the feel. It has a lot of stability, control. In addition, I am a pencil style and the weight of the palette accommodates me and that its center of gravity is in the head. The tires are GTX PRO and have good grip, it's very easy to RPB against backspin and forehands.

link
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/10000171576374.html?_randl_currency=CLP&_randl_shipto=CL&src=google&aff_fcid=a0cd8d209e5e421194c0ce02996bc3e4-1655232687943-08930-UneMJZVf&aff_fsk=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=aaf&sk=UneMJZVf&aff_trace_key=a0cd8d209e5e421194c0ce02996bc3e4-1655232687943-08930-UneMJZVf&terminal_id=6821558d78d042aeb631c8742b12516d&afSmartRedirect=y

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hello, I bought the year 2021, this loki brand carbon blade with a tubular handle. I've used it and quite like the feel. It has a lot of stability, control. In addition, I am a pencil style and the weight of the palette accommodates me and that its center of gravity is in the head. The tires are GTX PRO and have good grip, it's very easy to RPB against backspin and forehands.

link
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/10000171576374.html?_randl_currency=CLP&_randl_shipto=CL&src=google&aff_fcid=a0cd8d209e5e421194c0ce02996bc3e4-1655232687943-08930-UneMJZVf&aff_fsk=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=aaf&sk=UneMJZVf&aff_trace_key=a0cd8d209e5e421194c0ce02996bc3e4-1655232687943-08930-UneMJZVf&terminal_id=6821558d78d042aeb631c8742b12516d&afSmartRedirect=y

It's interesting that you like the GTX rubber. Several others on the forum have commented that they don't like the trajectory of the GTX.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Maybe it's because of my style of play that is a lot of control and location over speed. This rubber allows me to put the shots very easily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Maybe it's because of my style of play that is a lot of control and location over speed. This rubber allows me to put the shots very easily

Well that already explains it. Unboosted it is really controlled. You could even chop easily. But topspinning and hard looping is quite impossible or more like really weak.