Loki Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I've just ordered a CJ8000 39-41 Provincial to try out. But are there any of these you would recommend as an upgrade to Cj8000? I don't want a low or high throw rubber, but medium to medium high. At least same amount of spin, but more speed.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Waiting for some rubbers to be delivered,
Arthur Asia - highly sticky, internal carbon force cake sponge
Arthur Euro - highly sticky, internal carbon Force cake sponge
Arthur Euro Diamond - non sticky carbon sponge
N80 - highly sticky, high density yellow sponge.

looking forward to getting them!!!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
View attachment 22526
Loki Arthur Europe.
View attachment 22527
Loki Arthur Asia.

Packaging was good quality, each rubber has a plastic film on the top sheet that was very satisfying to peel off!!! You could tell straight away that they were tacky!! There’s nothing like peeling a film off a tacky top sheet!!
On inspection the quality looked and felt very good, These rubbers are made in Germany for Loki and I would then think they are classed as a ‘Hybrid’ rubber, ESN sponge, Chinese style tacky top sheet.

Sponge thickness is 2.0mm
Both have Black sponge

Arthur Asia has a sticky top sheet, when I did the tackiness test, the ball was held by the top sheet for a couple of seconds. Which is about the same as the std sheet of H3 i have and longer than D09 C.
Arthur Europe was similar, so it appears that the top sheet may well be the same.
I have the Asia with a black top sheet and Red for the Europe version.

Sponges vary in hardness, this could be felt when the rubbers were pinched. On the packaging no specific degree of hardness were given.
The Asia version has a ‘very hard’ top sheet, diameter of pore - medium, density of pore - large
The Europe version has a ‘hard’ top sheet, diameter of pore - large, density of pore - medium

The difference could easily be seen, the Asia sponge surface was smoother, indicating the smaller pore size whereas the Europe sponge had a rougher / sort of grainy surface, due to the larger por diameter.

Both sheets were boosted with 2 coats of sea moon booster, the doming was minimal, another coat maybe needed to bring out a better dome and tensioning of the rubber, although I just wanted to soften them up a little!!

Rubbers were glued to a Dotec Ovtcharov Off blade, Asia on FH and Europe on BH.
So, due to the nature of the blade, which has specific BH / FH sides, review of general play, topspin, block, push,chop etc are specific to Asia on FH and Europe on BH.
Because my service grip does not really hold the handle, both Asia and Europe were used for FH serves.
A48D8B57-A55D-47F1-BCAA-EE729977FF8C.jpg

Serving
Both rubbers performed very well, producing some very spin loaded serves. Good kick with side/topspin serves. A good amount of bend through the air as well with side, side/top and side/bottom serves.
I thought that the Europe version was slightly more ‘user friendly’ a little easier to serve with, although the level of spin was very good and similar between the two. Ghost (high backspin) serves were also good with nice acceleration back towards the net (when my technique allowed!!!)

General play (with robot)
As far as speed is concerned, the Asia version is probably a little quicker, although the Europe version makes you think it’s quicker because it’s sponge is slightly more springy. ( I think this is why I felt the Europe version was more user friendly for serves)
FH (Asia) very nice to topspin and loop with, high spin when looping very good dip/drag down of the ball onto the table and good kick. Also felt controlled.
pushing was controlled, good spin. Blocking was also good nice and crisp!! Chopping is okay, good spin, technique needs to be good(better than mine!!) Flatter hitting was better than I expected!!! Sensitivity to incoming spin is no different to other tacky rubbers I’ve used.
BH is really a repeat of the above !!!

Both rubbers are similar, a little more effort is needed with the Asia version. They are a good alternative worth considering.

Finally, this is my 1st purchase from Asia, and they were bought through Amazon’s US site, the seller being PingPong House which I believe is in Thailand. Hopefully these are legit !!! Fingers crossed!!!

i

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Is there no way to buy them in Europe?

Not that I’m aware of!!
I have the N80 (tacky)and Arthur Europe Diamond (non tacky) rubbers coming from Aliexpress ‘Official Loki site’ So really not sure these will be legit as well !!!
The Asia and Europe rubbers did play well though!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I would like to try their Arthur K5 ALC blade, since it seems like a very affordable inner ALC blade. I've been wanting to try that kind of blade for some time now. The Arthur Europe ALC also looks interesting with its hinoki outer. Is Outer carbon though.

Their rubbers seems too hard for my taste. I don't want harder than medium or medium hard.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I have not tried their Arthur rubbers but I am expecting good quality products from them.

Hi Yogi,

Products received are of a high standard, good quality. The service from PingPongHouse was very fast. Excellent service!!!
I’m just not used to ordering equipment from outside of Europe, and don’t know much about the sites / shops selling equipment or their reputation!! You hear stories regarding fakes and so on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I've tried the Arthur ASIA, GTX and N80 now. Playing them on a Yinhe V-14 PRO blade.

I was really disappointed of the Arthur ASIA. The sponge is very (too) hard and the tackiness wore off very fast and it's extremely heavy.

Then I tried the N80. It was quite tacky at first, and after a while not that tacky. But the top sheet still looks like new after a months play with a lot of new balls. This one was supposed to replace my H3N 41deg on forehand, and it worked quite fine. A bit lower throw and much softer feel than H3N. The biggest difference was when blocking. It just became so easy compared to H3N. Now it ended up on my backhand, where I used to go Andro Hexer Grip SFX/TSP Ventus Soft etc. giving my backhand topspin a better kick.

The GTX is mushy in a way. Very large pores and it is quite fast as well. A bit like the N80, but not so Chinese. As Yogi said, it's more like ESN rubbers, and it's definitley not my forehand rubber. It's about as tacky as the N80, but I guess that the sponge and thick top sheet gives it different attributes. More bouncy.

Reactions: latej and IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I've tried the Arthur ASIA, GTX and N80 now. Playing them on a Yinhe V-14 PRO blade.

I was really disappointed of the Arthur ASIA. The sponge is very (too) hard and the tackiness wore off very fast and it's extremely heavy.

Then I tried the N80. It was quite tacky at first, and after a while not that tacky. But the top sheet still looks like new after a months play with a lot of new balls. This one was supposed to replace my H3N 41deg on forehand, and it worked quite fine. A bit lower throw and much softer feel than H3N. The biggest difference was when blocking. It just became so easy compared to H3N. Now it ended up on my backhand, where I used to go Andro Hexer Grip SFX/TSP Ventus Soft etc. giving my backhand topspin a better kick.

The GTX is mushy in a way. Very large pores and it is quite fast as well. A bit like the N80, but not so Chinese. As Yogi said, it's more like ESN rubbers, and it's definitley not my forehand rubber. It's about as tacky as the N80, but I guess that the sponge and thick top sheet gives it different attributes. More bouncy.

Hi,

Arthur Asia is pretty hard!! It didn’t stay on my blade for long either!!! but it’s not a ‘bad’ rubber. It performs pretty well.
I also thought that the N80 is a very good alternative to the H3 rubbers, definitely worth trying!!

Reactions: latej and mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
hi I was wondering what would be a better Backhand rubber and am deciding between Loki Rxton 3 and Reactor Ckylin.
I'm looking to replace my old Moon Speed for something more suited to modern play

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
hi I was wondering what would be a better Backhand rubber and am deciding between Loki Rxton 3 and Reactor Ckylin.
I'm looking to replace my old Moon Speed for something more suited to modern play

I'd say the Rxton 3 would be better. I found the Ckylin too soft to do anything with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Now I have tried out LOKI Arthur Europe and LOKI T3 as well. This is as you see, not a grand review, but anyway some small info about these rubbers.

Arthur Europe is a bit strange. Quite tacky and you have to hit hard to engage the sponge. Then you'll get good speed and spin. Short game and services are really good, and the spin is good as well. This is no slow-loopers rubber at all. Quite heavy. 75/55g uncut/cut.

LOKI T3 is a very fast rubber. Hard sponge, grippy, but doesn't give very much spin. Really impossible to create much spin. I've really tried... So this is no rubber for my forehand I can say. I switched to backhand, and it suited me much better there. Even though I'm not into too fast rubber on my backhand, this gives me a good feeling. Not so spinny then, but short game and blocking is really good, and the low throw makes my faster blocks more deadlier. This one is almost as heavy as the Arthur Europe. 74/53g uncut/cut.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Loki Arthur Asia and Europe are both good rubbers, a good different alternative to some of the other hybrid rubbers, maybe closer to the tacky hard sponge type rubbers, but when the sponge is engaged speed starts to improve.
I think the best of the Loki rubbers is the N80, especially if you like rubbers like H3/H3Neo. Quality is top notch and for the money very good value, I would say it’s pretty close to the H3 provincial versions but cheaper!
Loki also make the Arthur Europe Diamond rubber which is a Non Tacky version of the Arthur rubbers.

Reactions: mocker88