What do you think of using two pips out rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Could work, but I would suggest something with more spin on the forehand. Try the Spinpips instead of Spectol.

You want something that grips better atleast for serves and openers.

Reactions: lVegita
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As an amateur player, of course it can work out.

I just visited Portland that has a lot of players either severely under-rated, or have certain aspects of their game way higher than their level.

One guy was someone with a medium speed blade, a 2.0 sponged short pips, and Grass D-Techs OX. His game was simple. Use OX to keep ball on table, get any kind of return net height or higher, then pound away with the pips. His offensive game was 1900 on FH playing like that and his level 1500 local (but prolly 1700-1750 NYC).

A Sacramento club owner (JZ) recently switched to a SP/LP setup and plays near 2200 level. That is 8 levels better than the average club player and this guy is 60 and just switched last year. He plays a soft of the bounce kill spin and drop short and FH pound game - very effective.

The issue with SP+LP is that you don’t have anything to generate spin with. The typical idea when playing with LP is to provoke the opponent to send spin towards you.

They just drive the hell out of the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
The issue with SP+LP is that you don’t have anything to generate spin with. The typical idea when playing with LP is to provoke the opponent to send spin towards you.

So, should I not spin when playing a LP player. I am playing againts one in a few weeks in league for the first time and there is no LP player in my local club so I can not practise.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
So, should I not spin when playing a LP player. I am playing againts one in a few weeks in league for the first time and there is no LP player in my local club so I can not practise.

That's one tactic if you're not comfortable lifting heavy backspin. Also serving long no spin is a very good idea if your opponent can't twiddle. Avoid any kind of side spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Can only use those for chopping. Need a Long pimple for pushblocking if you want to be able to hit with the short pimple. But Then you should change blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
how would you serve with pips on both sides?
i play with moristo sp both sides for last 30 years.
its possible to do all the spin serves that you might do with inverted with good effect.
assuming you want to play as a counter hitter, deep flat fast serves with good placement can make opponent lift the ball to give pportunity to hit with early timing
good luck

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Then buy LP and play with it and give it to someone to use.
Just fight through your match and try your beat, because if you haven't practiced against LP, it is a crapshoot which may go well for you if you don't spin but likely to be bad for you if you do spin but have not practiced against them.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
So, should I not spin when playing a LP player. I am playing against one in a few weeks in league for the first time and there is no LP player in my local club so I can not practice.

Will probably be tough no matter what if you rarely, if ever get to practice vs it.

You'll be fine so long as you're good at either spinning up either dead balls or backspin balls.

I particularly like looping vs backspin so I enjoy playing LPers. It's the spin I like and the ball is slower so I have the time to get set up.

But yeah. There are a few tactics you can use.

- Serve dead & long to that LP. They'll chop. Get ready to FH loop. It'll be dead-ish or slight backspin. If they're really good, they'll keep it low which makes that loop harder. But the spin certainly won't be a lot.

- If it's a league or tournament and it's giving you fits and you just need to try to eek out a win this 1 time? Well you can always hit more towards their inverted side for more normal play you're use to. Again I'd only do this in a pinch if you're absolutely getting owned by the LPs. Ultimately you want to learn how to play against it.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Then buy LP and play with it and give it to someone to use.
Just fight through your match and try your beat, because if you haven't practiced against LP, it is a crapshoot which may go well for you if you don't spin but likely to be bad for you if you do spin but have not practiced against them.

I dont relly have the money for it and there is only one guy in whole league that plays LP. But thank you anyways.