What do you think of using two pips out rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Will probably be tough no matter what if you rarely, if ever get to practice vs it.

You'll be fine so long as you're good at either spinning up either dead balls or backspin balls.

I particularly like looping vs backspin so I enjoy playing LPers. It's the spin I like and the ball is slower so I have the time to get set up.

But yeah. There are a few tactics you can use.

- Serve dead & long to that LP. They'll chop. Get ready to FH loop. It'll be dead-ish or slight backspin. If they're really good, they'll keep it low which makes that loop harder. But the spin certainly won't be a lot.

- If it's a league or tournament and it's giving you fits and you just need to try to eek out a win this 1 time? Well you can always hit more towards their inverted side for more normal play you're use to. Again I'd only do this in a pinch if you're absolutely getting owned by the LPs. Ultimately you want to learn how to play against it.

I like looping backspin too, thank you for tips, I will try to do everything you said.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
It is my first publication, I want to know what you think of using
"Pips-out rubbers" on both sides, positive and negative points of doing so.

Forehand: TSP Spectol

Backhand: TSP Curl P-1

Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk

I think you could be fine. And I guess nobody here can really say without seeing your FH stroke.

I'd advise to go inverted / LPs over SP & LP for greater spin variation but what you're doing can work.

Just depends on what your goals are. If you want to be good at the intermediate level? Sure you can play just about any style you want and still be really pretty good.

But if your goal is to say become one of the best players or upper tier players in your region? Well. Lets just say you probably can make things a lot easier on yourself by playing inverted.

Again. This is without seeing your stroke. But based on your profile pic, you look relatively young. Don't look out of shape. If you have some athleticism and can spin it a bit, yeah IMO you should play inverted under typical conditions.

But everyone is different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I dont relly have the money for it and there is only one guy in whole league that plays LP. But thank you anyways.

You are young so I get the money part. But the earlier you get exposure to LP if you like table tennis the better. But maybe you just play first and ask questions later.

Reactions: Der_Echte and Marko
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
It is my first publication, I want to know what you think of using
"Pips-out rubbers" on both sides, positive and negative points of doing so.

Forehand: TSP Spectol

Backhand: TSP Curl P-1

Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
I am currently using moristo Sp both sides and have been playing sp both sides for about 30 years, before that i used inverted and LP for about 2 years in the black & black era, and before that I used inverted both sides for about 10 years.
I think really using sp and lp is about the same as using inverted and sp in the way you would play. You would probably benefit from more overall control than with inverted and LP because you wont be generating as much spin as with inverted. That extra spin can mean that a newbie LP player might be confusing himself as well as the opponent.
If you are a beginner I would say play for one year with both sp or both inverted before trying a combination bat especially if you are greedy for success and want to reach a high level. The reason is that learning high level combination bat technique is difficult and can spoil strokes of a beginner.
good luck

Last edited: