Very close-up photos: Butterfly ZJK ALC

This user has no status.
I took some macro photos of my favorite blade and gotta see the 5+2 plies, plus the clearly porous nature of the Tenergy 05 and Rakza 7 soft sponges. Up close, it's interesting to see the non-uniformity of the wood used in blade construction.

DSCF4729.jpgDSCF4732.jpgDSCF4735.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
oh ya i see the cut, i thought expensive blades dont have splice core, good observation
What is even more interesting the the joint is off the axis of the blade. I thought the join runs from the tip of the head through handle. I wonder if that makes a difference :/

Reactions: wappak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
What is the blue on the wood, the arylate ? I would i thought that the carbon and AL are more a united thing and not this much distinct. Am i missing something ? Also on the above layer they seem to "adjacent" (one blue, one black, one blue) and on the layer under they seem to be more intricate

What is the blue on the wood, the arylate ? I would i thought that the carbon and AL are more a united thing and not this much distinct. Am i missing something ? Also on the above layer they seem to "adjacent" (one blue, one black, one blue) and on the layer under they seem to be more intricate

yes, the blue layer is arylate.

This user has no status.
The arylate fiber bundles and carbon fiber bundles are weaved together into a sheet. There's a clearer photo of what the ALC sheet looks like on the butterfly site: butterflyonline.com/butterfly-table-tennis-technology/