A good all around blade

Do you know how to chop or block in the first place? Have you trained this strokes properly and just don't use in the game?
If not, I would strongly suggest to train those strokes before even bothering with BH top spin.
And yes, the blade is bonkers and your setup seems to be too fast for you.
Tuning down the runners will not be enough, you have to get a slower blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I use andro Treiber FO with tenergy 05 FH and Joola Ryzhym tech BH. My only streegh in my game is my FH loop and counter. I need to diversify my game and learn how to block and chop or have a more consistent Bh loop. I was thinking base in all this discussion to buy the xiom all around S rasanter 47 fh and rasanter 42 (1.7) Bh

I have played with both rasanter 42 and 47 for many months and I aswell started out with r42 (1.7) on BH. My recomendation is to buy a thicker sponge of consistensy in your loop is what you are looking for, the 1.7mm sponge is fantastic for punching right through the ball but I can promise that you will develop a better loop with for example r42 2.0mm in BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
What about Appelgren Allplay?. It's a common blade between developing players and the touch, at least for me, seems better on blocking than Allround Classic. Maybe because it's a bit thicker (not much).
For rubbers, my choice if I have to recommend something is always TSP Ventus Basic. They are easy to play with and you can perform quality strokes if done correctly.
My two cents.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
So with all this discussion I would choose between stiga azalea all around and Butterfly Korbel. What do you think I usually play aggressive but I need to learn how to chop and block more.

The Korbel is an OFF- to OFF blade that is still a bit stiff. Based on everything you've been saying, the Stiga Azalea Allround (ALL+ to OFF-) or Butterfly Primorac Japan (same) are the better choices, they are less thick than the Korbel and will give you better feel, control and flex to continue developing your game. The Stiga Allround Evolution or Offensive Classic would be fine choices as well.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I use andro Treiber FO with tenergy 05 FH and Joola Ryzhym tech BH. My only streegh in my game is my FH loop and counter. I need to diversify my game and learn how to block and chop or have a more consistent Bh loop. I was thinking base in all this discussion to buy the xiom all around S rasanter 47 fh and rasanter 42 (1.7) Bh

Your curent setup is very fast indeed. Xiom Allround S would be a fine choice. For rubbers, the Rasanters are quite bouncy and spin sensitive, if you decide to go with those, get R42 on both sides in 1.7mm. I'd recommend Xiom Vega Europe instead, 2.0mm on both sides, more controllable and not as sensitive to your opponent's incoming spin. I strongly recommend you use the same rubber on both sides as a developing player, so you can develop both wings equally and gain equal understanding of both and their different capacity.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Ok. I will give a little more generic answer. There is a link between the sound blade make (it's pitch specifically) and blade's speed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tnzuhP98Iwl3_ZYIKs770Z4GeEXB1cPaF6xXC3IMLfg/edit#gid=0

Go on that google sheet and find a blade with "frequency" around 1150-1200 from a brand you like. There is sky high propability it will be either faster All+ or Off-. You can ask here wether it is really bad, look at your club and try it or whatever process you do before buying.

My answer will be rather dissapointing but gear does not matter as much as your skill using it. Gear still have some to say, but imho skill is more important (maybe excluding the cheapest premades).

Thank you very much for the link, really appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Of the blades I have recently tried in that class, I would probably go with the Butterfly Grubba All Plus. Lovely feel and control; much more than the Primorac which I have had for some time. I currently have H3 Neo and Spinlord Marder on mine, but I think it would suit a wide range of rubber.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Sounds like a good setup. But you could also get that blade and keep the rubbers you have. That might make the transition to a slower blade a little easier.

But in the end, it seems you have made a pretty good decision.