Donic Rubbers similar to Rakza 7?

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Sonex JP Gold, Coppa JO Gold. They are similar but not the same. Since these are previous gen. tensors the topsheet might differ and thus the life. I believe the Rakza 7 does offer a better life. But from the controlled play perspective, you will not notice too much difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Barracuda is the same generation and plays nearly the same. A bit heavier .. I have just had those two on the same blade. Barracuda has probably a notch higher arc but after boosting it a bit it feels better in all aspects compared to the rakza . BTW for me they felt more different with the previous ball

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
R7 is Harder than s2 and Baracuda.
Coppa x1 Silver is something near but
Less spin
sponge and topsheet works similiar to r7

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I was thinking perhaps the Acuda S1 would be the closest match to Rakza 7.

Why not just get Rakza 7 if you want something as close to it as you can get?

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Xxxxxz
says Xxxxxz
Jan 2015
Why not just get Rakza 7 if you want something as close to it as you can get?

Mainly a cost issue. I can get a reasonable discount on Donic products through a Donic distributors' affiliation to my club, so it makes sense in the long term to use Donic rubbers rather than those of another brand. I also play with a Donic blade and my OCD would prefer that I had Donic rubbers to match :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
+1 to Barracuda. Topsheet is a little tighter, but not too different in play.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Mainly a cost issue. I can get a reasonable discount on Donic products through a Donic distributors' affiliation to my club, so it makes sense in the long term to use Donic rubbers rather than those of another brand. I also play with a Donic blade and my OCD would prefer that I had Donic rubbers to match :rolleyes:

I get the cost thing. I guess the brand thing is your issue to handle. If it was me, I would get a different brand just to get out of that mode. But if you get a better price for Donic, what I would say is, use it as an opportunity to try out different rubbers. Not recklessly. But methodically. You buy one and use till it is dead. If you think, I love this one, I am done, you stick with it. If you think, I like it but maybe I will try something else next time. And you keep going till--either--one jumps out and tells you that is the rubber for you--or--you have gone through all the usual suspects and then you go back and choose the one you liked most.

Each time you get a different rubber, you use it till it has worn out unless you decide you hate it and then you give it away to someone who could use it and you get the next one.

Any of the rubbers mentioned so far--Baracuda, S1, S2, JP1, JP2--any of them would be a good place to start.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueSkies