japanese Penhold with Backhandrubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Hello,

i want to buy a Yinhe 988 for japanse Penhold for fun and to know how it is but i want also a rubber on the backhand for RPB.

Now there is cork on the backhand side.

So 2 Ideas:

First one put the rubber after the cork. This shoudl be still legal because it can be space between the handle and the rubber but there would be a lot of space xD

like on the picture xD 1234.jpg

second idea cut the cork, but then i dont know how to do it.

I hope you can help me :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
A saw a video of a semi-pro, pro that used jpen but played RPB like cpen

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
A chisel works best, but you can pry it off with any knife.

That being said, I think I had one of those (988, 986, forgot). Those were pretty thick blades, won't be very comfortable with rubber on the back.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hello,

i want to buy a Yinhe 988 for japanse Penhold for fun and to know how it is but i want also a rubber on the backhand for RPB.

Now there is cork on the backhand side.

So 2 Ideas:

First one put the rubber after the cork. This shoudl be still legal because it can be space between the handle and the rubber but there would be a lot of space xD

like on the picture xDView attachment 20858

second idea cut the cork, but then i dont know how to do it.

I hope you can help me :)

I hope you're planning on cutting the cork way below that point.

if you feel like your fingers must still rest on cork, I'm telling you now don't bother.

When you factor in the the label of the rubber has to show, by the time you get to your hitting area, you have such little space left, it wouldn't be worth it. Furthermore your hitting space would be on the very end of your blade and I'd argue not in the sweet spot which is more middle-ish

Could just pick up a penhold designed for 2 sided play like I did with the Nittaku Sou. It doesn't break the bank.

IMG_20200201_105418875 (1).jpg

But if you must alter that Yinhe, at least cut the cork much, much lower towards the handle. Your fingers will get use to the smooth rubber or pips. I'm not sure what you're putting back there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
A saw a video of a semi-pro, pro that used jpen but played RPB like cpen

Could have been Taisei Matsushita.

He plays Jpen & duel inverted.

Plays at a really high level also.

<span data-sheets-value="{"1":2,"2":"Taisei Matsushita"}" data-sheets-userformat="{"2":513,"3":{"1":0},"12":0}" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">

Reactions: Lula