Xiom's Vega Europe DF vs new Vega X

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I've actually tried Rakza 7 in the past (on a friend's bat), I was really impressed in how much control, speed and spin it offered! I proceeded to order Rising Dragon (was new at the time) to see if I'd replace it over Vega Pro / Euro, and then I wished I'd never bought it because of its large msrp price and ended up hating it. I did end up replacing it with Asia and Euro DF rubbers (also was relatively new) almost two months after and continued on my love relationship with Xiom.

I think maybe it could have been my lack of skill because now when I look it up it seems to have really good reviews compared to none around the time when it first released. I didn't really have much experience with chinese tacky rubbers before and was a fan of ESN rubbers so I thought it would've been a great experiment. However I felt like it was really inconsistent (maybe non-linear?). for low to medium effort strokes I felt it offered no bite while being reactive to oncoming spin, and then large effort strokes it produced good speedy spin but wasn't comforting in feedback and was unpredictable compared to what I was used to. Then again, around that time I was probably just not up to snuff to be able to use it.

Last edited:
I've actually tried Rakza 7 in the past (on a friend's bat), I was really impressed in how much control, speed and spin it offered! I proceeded to order Rising Dragon (was new at the time) to see if I'd replace it over Vega Pro / Euro, and then I wished I'd never bought it because of its large msrp price and ended up hating it. I did end up replacing it with Asia and Euro DF rubbers (also was relatively new) almost two months after and continued on my love relationship with Xiom.

I think maybe it could have been my lack of skill because now when I look it up it seems to have really good reviews compared to none around the time when it first released. I didn't really have much experience with chinese tacky rubbers before and was a fan of ESN rubbers so I thought it would've been a great experiment. However I felt like it was really inconsistent (maybe non-linear?). for low to medium effort strokes I felt it offered no bite while being reactive to oncoming spin, and then large effort strokes it produced good speedy spin but wasn't comforting in feedback and was unpredictable compared to what I was used to. Then again, around that time I was probably just not up to snuff to be able to use it.

Rakza 7 is still a good choice even up to now with newer rubbers. It is also very durable.

Reactions: sspark80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
This is German ESN rubber and it plays like old 05
stiff, high arc, long trajectory, pause button when you counterloop.
Max is very fast.