Apolonia ZLC

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi there!

Looks like the Baum Esprit is the Donic clone of the Timo Boll Spirit/ALC (which you probably already know).

The Apollonia ZLC is a bit more controllable, flexible, has a bit more feel (softer) and is a tad slower than the Spirit.

Why do you want to change your blade?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
To be honest, i just wanna try something new. I know its working well for me right now and has for like 6-7 years, but my coach says that i should try something a bit faster than the Baum Espirit. If the Apolonia is slower, would u recommend me something a bit faster from Butterfly? Maybe try Viscara?
Hi there!

Looks like the Baum Esprit is the Donic clone of the Timo Boll Spirit/ALC (which you probably already know).

The Apollonia ZLC is a bit more controllable, flexible, has a bit more feel (softer) and is a tad slower than the Spirit.

Why do you want to change your blade?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
To be honest, i just wanna try something new. I know its working well for me right now and has for like 6-7 years, but my coach says that i should try something a bit faster than the Baum Espirit. If the Apolonia is slower, would u recommend me something a bit faster from Butterfly? Maybe try Viscara?

The Viscaria is more or less the same blade as the TB Spirit, TB ALC and a couple other Butterfly blades, so same speed...

If you're looking for something faster from Butterfly it would have to be the Zhang Jike ZLC or Mizutani ZLC or their Super ZLC counterparts (even faster), or the upcoming Harimoto Super ZLC (slated to be released in April).

This user has no status.
I have been playing with the Apolonia ZLC for a few years now. I can't compare it to the blades you have also mentioned as I have never owned them.

The Apolonia ZLC has very good control (I play with T05 on FH and T64 on BH), not the fastest blade available but still enough speed when needed. The combination with Tenergy works so great, I guess I'd buy it again despite the price of 219 €.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Yeah, the thing is im probably not gonna change my rubbers as i am usind donic rubbers.
I have been playing with the Apolonia ZLC for a few years now. I can't compare it to the blades you have also mentioned as I have never owned them.

The Apolonia ZLC has very good control (I play with T05 on FH and T64 on BH), not the fastest blade available but still enough speed when needed. The combination with Tenergy works so great, I guess I'd buy it again despite the price of 219 €.