Screamer of a blade

This user has no status.
Not sure what the big deal is with those prices. Obviously, Butterfly has earned its place as the Apple of the table tennis world so there continues to be sufficient demand for their equipment. The blade lasts for a long time and really isn't that expensive if you spread over the cost. There are plenty of substitutes offered at much cheaper prices for those who aren't Butterfly loyalists.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
I have the Butterfly TH ALC. Love it.
What makes the super ZLC so much more expensive ($200 more) and could it really be that much better than the ALC? I only ask because I'd totally go for owning both if the price was the same.

As I know, ALC (Arylate-Carbon) sheets cost much less than ZLC sheets. And I would assume that Super ZLC sheets cost even more. Now is it so much more that makes it jump in cost to $439.99? I think not that big of a jump. But "newer" technology that is faster (not better, but faster and different feel) also will cause a price increase.

I have no idea how the Harimoto Innerforce Super ZLC at 6.2mm, 90g (158/152mm) will play; but I've been playing with a custom innerforce style Super ZLC, 5.9mm and 85g (157/150mm) with limba wood, and this thing is really fast. It is faster than Viscaria and Long 5X by leaps. Now perhaps this Future Harimoto Super ZLC at 6.2mm it might have less flex and catapult than what I have but I imagine it will be a beast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I have no idea how the Harimoto Innerforce Super ZLC at 6.2mm, 90g (158/152mm) will play; but I've been playing with a custom innerforce style Super ZLC, 5.9mm and 85g (157/150mm) with limba wood, and this thing is really fast. It is faster than Viscaria and Long 5X by leaps.

Thanks a lot for sharing! That's very interesting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
how it logical? Ovcharov never played with ZLC blade and doesn't have Butterfly blade named after him. After Ovcharov ALC will come out then will be logical expect Ovcharov ZLC

Apolonia ZLC was released first. And not alc and then zlc.

Does it matter? We all know that it will end with SuperZLC eventually :D . And 400 USD. It seems that's the new normal from now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
lol, just ordered an allplay for under 20 bux. wtf happened to bty? I recall purchasing a spinshot for standard eu (donic, stiga) price. these off blades really got popular. are there only tennis players nowadays?
I hope spinning is still possible. Anybody got an update for someone stepping back on the scene from the 90's?
much praise for feedback!