Need even more advice on equipment /s

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Perhaps the members of the forum can help me.

I have been playing for about a year. I consider my level somewhere between intermediate and advanced. I play mostly on Saturdays.

I try to model my forehand after Ma Long, I try to loop every ball with spin and speed. I have been working hard to get more power on that stroke, and in the mirror it is definitely looking better. I try to model my backhand after something between Dima Ovtcharov and FZD. When I am not hitting blistering loops that bend the fabric of space time, I mostly block the ball but really hard to put pressure on my opponent. I try to make ALL my serves have as much spin as possible because obviously THAT is the way to make them more effective.

Right now I am using a Zhang Jike sZLC blade with Tenergy 05 on both sides. A friend who says he knows a pro player has boosted the rubber for me.

One little problem though is that a lot of my balls go off the table. That is, except the ones that go into the net, and my other friend who only plays in the basement and who uses much crappier equipment has some serves that I have trouble returning and so they must be illegal.

I am looking to fix all these issues this by getting new equipment.

I am thinking about switching to MX-P or maybe Dignics on my backhand and switching to some sort of Hurricane National rubber for my forehand. Also, maybe a Mituzani ZLC would be better. Or a Timo Boll ZLC. If I get the Hurricane, what is the best way to boost it to make it as fast as possible?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Signed,

Bewildered.

Oh, one other thing. How much more time should I spend practicing my forehand loop?

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The National Dragon Pee is sold by Proplayerconjob.net for 2 dollars. Do you think it is genuine?

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Ok. Will do. I'm sure it will help me with my friend's illegal serves. He keeps chopping his serve and when I return it the ball goes off the end of the table or worse it stays on and then he smashes it by me. When he laughs about it makes me determined to win points by smashing. So I'll buy some now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Well, you already embody the essence of Ma Long, FZD, and Ovtcharov, so the only worthy challenge is to win counterlooping rallies against modern "powa loopers" using only hardbat.

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Sandpaper is illegal. Baal doesn't break rules.

This user has no status.
Your problems might be equipment related, if your racket is too slow your technique suffers and than these things that you described happen....
You might try training a bit more ( 2 sesions 15min each ) and if you STILL have same problem its definetly equipment related.
Try getting a Schlager carbon and 2 x Dignic 05 (well tuned).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Wait a second, are you playing with regular Tenergy 05? I mean, the ones sold at the normies stores?
That is way too soft for an advanced medium player. Get the Tenergy Uber Hard for your backhand (Timo Boll has been using it for a while now) and the Huricane GWOCBS for the forehand. You probably know this one, because of your level, but for the normies out there, the H3 GWOC blue sponge is made with parts of the Great Wall of China in its sponge, which gives the hardness required for those with ML modeled forehand.

Please, do not, ever again, say something like moving away from Tenergy to MXP.

If with this setup you still miss some balls long, you might check the balls you are using. They are probably no round enough.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
One little problem though is that a lot of my balls go off the table.
This can easily be fixed if you move the table right before the beginning of each set a little bit to your opponent's direction. Most balls will then land on the extra gained centimeters right on the white line.

Your opponents will hate that effective trick.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
What's a hardbat?

Bewildered

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Ba'al is posting on behalf of Bewildered who is too lazy to set up his own account.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
This can easily be fixed if you move the table right before the beginning of each set a little bit to your opponent's direction. Most balls will then land on the extra gained centimeters right on the white line.

Your opponents will hate that effective trick.

But what about the balls that go into the net?

No. I'm thinking about that Schlager or maybe a black tag Sardius.

Signed Bewildered.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Maybe people can help me with another problem too. My friend with the illegal serves is just a beginner player. He's been beating me lately by pushing a lot (also with his heavy underpin serve that I keep pushing off the end of the table). I figure the thing to do is push back at him harder and harder and eventually I will put so much spin on the ball he will push it into the net. Is there a rubber that will help me do this?

Also, I decided to get MX-P on my spare blade for the backhand. I use that blade when i play against people with weaker backhands, and I use the Tenergy blade against everyone else. But I read on a forum that if I switch that to Bluefire on that blade my rating will go up 200 points. What do you think?

Signed

Biwildered.

Last edited:
"One little problem though is that a lot of my balls go off the table."

Obviously, you are not getting enough control with cheapo sZLC blades. the more expensive the equipment, the better your game becomes, ya know. You need to get a Dark Force Galactic Emperor, a single ply kiso hinoki blade. Be sure to specify the blade be cut from a tree grown on the sunny side of the Kiso Mountain (we all know the national dragon only pee on the sunny side of a holy hill).