AGM: JTTA Proposal, Service rule. Ball must rise over head hight

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Propositions-Resolutions_to_2020_AGM.pdf

To amend 2.6.2:2.6.2 The server shall then project the ball near vertically upwards, without impartingspin, so that it rises at least above their head height after leaving the palm of thefree hand and then falls without touching anything before being struck.

Rationale:To make clearer the point of decision on fault services. But this rule will not apply for playersof elderly person or players of age below 9 years of age, different rule shall be applied

What do you think?

(AGM is of course also postponed)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
not a bad idea but some serves would definately be hurt such as the hook serve (sometimes played by mima ito) or reverse pendulum (sometimes played by fan zhendong). I think it is a good idea but there are definately some draw backs that will hurt players everywhere and limit the amount of possible serves there are in the game. also the exceptions to the rule make it a little to complicated. I think cameras are a good solution already.

says Aging is a killer
I don't how good the players are in your country, but if you support this proposal then they must all be pretty good. In my experience, that rule would be impossible to enforce below coached, good level players. In this country, that's about 90% of players.
It's simply a bad proposal and should be voted down.

Reactions: deams59

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I think this proposal is genius. But only because I'm not coordinated enough to toss the ball less than about two feet, so it always goes above.my head already. Level the playing field!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Maybe we could require players to wear a device on top of their head similar to a Golf Tee.

When serving, the ball on the "Tee" on top of the head, so the player must squat, shoot the ball into the air and a little to the side, adjust to the ball mid-air, and serve it.

Think about it... this would add SO MUCH FLAIR and style to the game. maybe give bonus points for style on serve to take back the advantage of serve...

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
KowY3OZh.png

mGBnaSSh.png