Will Ma Long be able to win this Tokyo Olympics 2020?

i have been thinking about it for quite some time. Though Fan Zhendong and Xu xin are in better form now, I believe that Ma long will bounce back in time for the olympics, and he would be the first double grand slam. That is if the covid would be gone, and he plays like Ma long pre wttc 2019

This user has no status.
Even if there will be Tokyo OG and even if Ma Long will be in a perfect form, I'm not sure he will beat Fan.
Perhaps even in this case the winner will be chosen by LGL before the final. Just like he did in 2012 when he told to Wang Hao to lose the match against Zhang Jike beacause he wasn't sure zjk would play well in the team event.
Some rumors said that for the same reason he did the same thing in 2016 but that time he ask Zhang jike to lose against ma long in the final. Who knows...
Probably he don't trust Fan Zhen Dong, after he lost in wttc 2019 his performances went down.

Reactions: NextLevel
Even if there will be Tokyo OG and even if Ma Long will be in a perfect form, I'm not sure he will beat Fan.
Perhaps even in this case the winner will be chosen by LGL before the final. Just like he did in 2012 when he told to Wang Hao to lose the match against Zhang Jike beacause he wasn't sure zjk would play well in the team event.
Some rumors said that for the same reason he did the same thing in 2016 but that time he ask Zhang jike to lose against ma long in the final. Who knows...
Probably he don't trust Fan Zhen Dong, after he lost in wttc 2019 his performances went down.

ok. I want ma to win, but not by match fixing. I really hate that practice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018

cache.php

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I think ML has a good chance to take gold in singles.
He is not the favorite of course, but can still give a lot ot trouble against FZD.
If I'm not mistaken, last year they faced each other 4 times (including domestic competition). FZD won 3, but all of them were on the 7th.
Curious to note that before WTTC 2017, many were thinking that FZD was gone take the throne and ML would era was going to end soon. The same happened in 2019. Now it is 2021 and ML is still a top player, though FZD has en edge.

Reactions: MaLin2.0
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Probably he don't trust Fan Zhen Dong, after he lost in wttc 2019 his performances went down

Can you give more information and the source?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Time and tide waits for no man. You want to know how likely Ma Long will win? Check with the bookmakers.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
https://youtu.be/yiqFxDx2WW4?t=3500
Doesn't make sense for WH and ZJK to cause a scene at that point, does it? WH was gonna give it to ZJK in the end, right?

Back before London 2012, the general public feared it was ZJK that would be ordered to lose to WH instead. 😆
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68819&PID=835754&title=2014-mens-world-cup#835754
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68819&PID=836039&title=2014-mens-world-cup#836039
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68819&PID=836094&title=2014-mens-world-cup#836094