Q: Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit (AN) + Butterfly Sriver rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hello guys,
is it worth buying this combination, is it good or not?
According to the seller, with the wood has been played for one year and it has small normal cosmetic scratches, but the condition is excellent.
Rubbers are brand new, just glued and tried for no more than 30 minutes of play. I think its legit, and the price is 100 €.

I need good fast racket, with decent control. So what do you think, please share your experience.
1.jpg
image 2.jpg
image 3.jpg
image 4.jpg
image 5.jpg
image 6.jpg

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In general, I say the a blade used only one session us worth job more than 70 to 75 percent of price.

The TBS usually retails around 150 usd.

AN is reportedly a difficult handle to find for a TBS.

If that blade comes with rubbers that are not all tore up, and blade is in good condition no matter the hours, and is 100 gbp...

I would say that is attractively priced.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Did you get a feel of the blade, the handle, the balance?

Bounce a few balls on it and listen well?

The blade has some wear and tear, which is entirely irrelevant as long as there are no fractures. Splintering is not very likely with koto outers (although some here have a few delamination horrors to share).

If it plays intact, it’s a fine blade. And if you happen to be on speaking terms with today’s Sriver L in that thickness to boot, then it looks very very tempting.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Ok, i ask a seller for more detailed information before he glued rubbers. He send me these photos.
For me, the naked blade looks very poorly.
IMG_20200221_093843.jpg
IMG_20200221_093941.jpg
IMG_20200221_093953.jpg

IMG_20200221_204459.jpg
IMG_20200221_204519.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
He guaranteed that all these scratches do not affect to the play.
If i decide to buy it, he offered me to sell me only the blade for 70 euro. What rubber do you suggest?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
That looks horrible, but it might not be so bad. That is the problem with buying from distance.

As for rubbers. So many to say. Even your middle of road rubbers like Vega Pro could play a little hot on that blade.

I read somewhere you suggest to repair scratches with wood filler and resin. Is it necessary in that case?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Blade looks fine, 70 euro is a steal.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
With what I see on this blade, would be too much work and not a great result.

Slightly disagree. It takes some time, caution, and patience, but there is some reward for that work imho.

What I'm seeing on these pix is a lot of smallish dings. That doesn't affect gameplay, but it will make fitting a rubber a bit more tricky, with probably a few loose (-ish) edges here and there. Also, a ding may also become a weakness leading to increasing damage, for example splintering or delamination.

I have restored blades looking like this; recently, a Grubba Carbon that certainly has seen battle, probably worse than this one. I found it worth the effort, certainly.

If a TB Spirit is the blade you want, that AN handle is the handle for you, and this blade plays well, then I see no reason why not. Then again, if you think quality is about looking mint, then that would be a show stopper at any price point.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Haha, Yoass ever the aware and diplomatic man where Der_Echte does not spell either word well.

Pls Disagree a lot. Goon Squad wont be after you.

Unless you got some seriously adhering stuff, I dont have great stuff locally, then little by little it comes off with impact. Initially, I have a good result on fixing dings like that, but my product or work fails with that many dings and prolonged hard hitting use.

Still, if the blade is structurally sound, it can be useful and many players clamor for the AN handle, but not find it.