how could i remove permanent marker from a table tennis blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I got Signed blade from my friend, .,So do you have any ideas to remove?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This ought to do the trick...

4906b23b1b872e784a7e4aa408efbebb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: chuckjordan2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Take non-permanent marker and draw over the lines of the permanent marker. Wait a bit and wipe it out. Repeat if need it.
The trick is that to make a non-permanent marker a chemicals have to be added to a permanent ink. Drawing over the permanent ink with non-permanent you are adding those chemicals to the permanent ink.

Hope this will help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Magic sponges can remove ink from wood:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Abbey-Magic-Eraser-Sponges-Chemcials/dp/B003QITQC6
At least I was able to remove some ink on a blade (from the serial number on a rubber).

Don't know about the wood, but I use Magic Sponge (melamine) to clean the balls before adding to them to my small collection. Works really well

Take non-permanent marker and draw over the lines of the permanent marker. Wait a bit and wipe it out. Repeat if need it.
The trick is that to make a non-permanent marker a chemicals have to be added to a permanent ink. Drawing over the permanent ink with non-permanent you are adding those chemicals to the permanent ink.

Hope this will help

First time hearing of this. Interesting idea....

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If the marker is on the blade face, nobody will see it when the rubber is on. If it is on the wings, it will wear off with sweat if you really use the blade. Same if it is on the handle.

If it is on the base of the handle, then use solvent. You many not get it all off. But rubbing alcohol should get most of it off. With wood, the ink would sink into the wood.

Reactions: killiegradge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
You may dampen a cloth with a small amount of turpentine and rub it on the stain. Brush the area lightly. Then, follow it up with a damp cloth and polish it with a dry, soft cloth. Finally, ventilate the wooden furniture.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Agree on sanding. Easiest way and your blade will not get wet using acetone or any other solvent.

if the ink marks are on the actual blade surface sanding could be tricky. Removing wood from just one place will make a dent
into the surface rendering the blade possibly illegal. Sanding the whole surface is even more tricky and should be done with a sanding block
that covers the whole surface. Special car needs to be taken do not "wobble" the block otherwise one will lose the edges by rounding them off.
Furthermore, many outer veneers are only 0.5 mm thick. My advise would be : Leave it alone 😎

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hopefully you guys realize this thread is old and probably the OP figured out what he wanted to do well over a year and a half ago. But I do think he could do the Yosemite Sam sticker anyway. For sure that would get him extra style points.