switching from alc to allwood?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
See what happens if you flip the racket around and try T05 on FH. If that gives you more control than just get T05FX for BH and use the T05 for FH.

If T05 does not give you enough control, then think about Clipper, Stratus Power Wood or a Korbel.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I recently switched from the Batos ALC to the Akkad.

Batos is ALC with Limba outers, a very mainstream blade and very controllable for an ALC of this power class.

The Akkad is pretty much the same power class as Batos (OFF) with totally different properties.

I went to a wood blade as I do that every couple years (play a composite blade I like, then use a wood blade for a few months) as in the end, I seem to end up with better consistency and a higher level of play, whether a little or a lot.

Going to a wood blade, especially a slower wood blade, if you are at an OK level already, makes you pay more attention to shot construction and connecting shots before going for it all. That usually helps a lot of players' games.

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
You will appreciate the feel and control of an all wood blade. It might be slower at first but you can do bigger swings and still deliver shots.
Also in my personal experience wooden blades have more gears that are more easily "selectable".

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi carl, so last night i tested playing with 05 on FH, control was good enough, however could u please maybe suggest some "replacement" rubbers? buying tenergies is currently out of my budget :)

What about getting Evolution ELP for FH and FXP for BH? Or what about just keeping the T05 you have and only getting 1 rubber, whether it is FXP or T05FX on BH.

You would be switching the color of your FH rubber, but if the T05 is still good, there is no reason to get a new rubber to replace the T05.

And the purpose of him trying the T05 on FH was to see if a softer rubber on FH would be controllable. If it is, then all you should need to do is get a rubber that is softer for BH. No need for a new blade. No need to get two new rubbers. Just 1 new rubber for BH.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I recently switched from the Batos ALC to the Akkad.

Batos is ALC with Limba outers, a very mainstream blade and very controllable for an ALC of this power class.

The Akkad is pretty much the same power class as Batos (OFF) with totally different properties.

I went to a wood blade as I do that every couple years (play a composite blade I like, then use a wood blade for a few months) as in the end, I seem to end up with better consistency and a higher level of play, whether a little or a lot.

Going to a wood blade, especially a slower wood blade, if you are at an OK level already, makes you pay more attention to shot construction and connecting shots before going for it all. That usually helps a lot of players' games.
Really echo this point about paying more attention to shot construction. I had to switch from my faster Stiga Arctic Wood to a Yasaka Sweden Extra and the slower setup there forced me to work on more placement type shots to fashion an attack instead of going in more offensively.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
What about getting Evolution ELP for FH and FXP for BH? Or what about just keeping the T05 you have and only getting 1 rubber, whether it is FXP or T05FX on BH.

You would be switching the color of your FH rubber, but if the T05 is still good, there is no reason to get a new rubber to replace the T05.

And the purpose of him trying the T05 on FH was to see if a softer rubber on FH would be controllable. If it is, then all you should need to do is get a rubber that is softer for BH. No need for a new blade. No need to get two new rubbers. Just 1 new rubber for BH.

I used EL-P exactly once one sheet and so hated on it.

Now TTD member erm has sent me a replacement 25 yr old Nittaku Mono blade to replace the one I broke during an impact with the table a couple weeks ago at the big tourney.

Guess what, He slapped a sheet of L-P on one side !!

I am gunna try it out and see how it feels 6 yrs later... but I am not expecting too much.