Help me find suitable substitute rubber to reduce total racket weight

says hi! let's play!
hello guys, i'd like to have your rubber recommendation for me. i currently use stiga ebenholz vii blade, with donic bluefire m1 (FH) and fastarc C1 (BH)(been with 'em for 1-2years). i find it heavier than my other teammates set-up wether they use composite carbon or allwood. my friend recommend me tenergy 05 for my FH (because he use it too for his blade which is kokutaku canon blade). yogi_bear (thanks for the insight) also recommend me to use softer rubber because eb7 is very stiff blade.

im close to mid range with drive and loop style player. i mostly dont have any problem to control my current rubber with my playing style. i just want to reduce that total racket weight without losing the speed. i need more insight bcs i dont have that many experience for trying different rubbers. thank you guys for the help :D

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I am a very firm believer in BALANCE of the blade.

I will be three bags of Cheez-Its (normally bet two) that your setup is unbalanced too far forward.

This will feel great if you like the feeling of wielding a hammer, but it will hamper fast acceleration.

Try out as many setups from as many people and feel things for yourself for a while. Like try dozens and dozens - you have access to the players. You will accumulate enough data for you to decide in a direction that will suit you.

Plus, this method is FREE, well, maybe you may want to buy a drink for the ones you like...

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Can you try to find a lighter EB7? It will affect your feel but that is how it goes. Eb 7 is known to be headheavy also. If a counterweight will not work on the handle, try finding a lighter eb7 and lighter rubbers.

says hi! let's play!
to yogi_bear and Der_Echte, i already tried my firend's setup which is eb 5 with C1 and G1 rubber and yes its waay lighter than eb 7 but its slower, i believe. i follow yogi_bear's advice to use xiom vega asia df (now i use both asia df on BH and FH) and it works! the weight finally cut down (not drastically but definately better) eventho it slower but i got more control..and spin!

thank you for the advices guys. i will play with my current setup and maybe change the blade to a lighter one but as fast as eb7, as my playing get better. thank you!:D:D:D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 2 reviews
easy way to reduce rubber weight by 6-8gms same rubber same size bat !

hello guys, i'd like to have your rubber recommendation for me. i currently use stiga ebenholz vii blade, with donic bluefire m1 (FH) and fastarc C1 (BH)(been with 'em for 1-2years). i find it heavier than my other teammates set-up wether they use composite carbon or allwood. my friend recommend me tenergy 05 for my FH (because he use it too for his blade which is kokutaku canon blade). yogi_bear (thanks for the insight) also recommend me to use softer rubber because eb7 is very stiff blade.

im close to mid range with drive and loop style player. i mostly dont have any problem to control my current rubber with my playing style. i just want to reduce that total racket weight without losing the speed. i need more insight bcs i dont have that many experience for trying different rubbers. thank you guys for the help :D
just glue the rubber 5 mm up from the handle butt the small gap does no harm you will then cut a huge new moon shape from the sides and top .the contact area is still the same l do this l use a carbonado 290 heavy blade l reduce all in weight by 7 gms

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says hi! let's play!
just glue the rubber 5 mm up from the handle butt the small gap does no harm you will then cut a huge new moon shape from the sides and top .the contact area is still the same l do this l use a carbonado 290 heavy blade l reduce all in weight by 7 gms

nice information.. yes i also had tried my friend's carbonado (245) setup and it is heavier than my eb7

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It sounds like you have this under control. But if you ever decide you want a lighter blade as part of your shift, you might look at some of the ALC blades out there like Viscaria or any number of other blades in a similar category. I think, these days there are many companies that make blades that perform similar enough to Viscaria from other brands.

But you also might test the idea of temporarily adding a little extra weight to the handle. Like adding some lead tape to the base of the handle. If that makes the blade feel lighter, there are ways to add the weight to the handle permanently. It is interesting, but when you bring more weight into the handle, it will usually make a blade feel lighter even though you have actually made it heavier. It gives you faster acceleration and more whipping action.

Reactions: splasher78
For rubber, I can recommend TSP Agrit. One of the LIGHTEST rubbers I’ve ever tried and dynamic with plenty of grip. I’ve used it for BH for several months. However the sponge is prone to crumbling and top sheet is quite delicate. But if you can try it it’s definitely worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says hi! let's play!
It sounds like you have this under control. But if you ever decide you want a lighter blade as part of your shift, you might look at some of the ALC blades out there like Viscaria or any number of other blades in a similar category. I think, these days there are many companies that make blades that perform similar enough to Viscaria from other brands.

But you also might test the idea of temporarily adding a little extra weight to the handle. Like adding some lead tape to the base of the handle. If that makes the blade feel lighter, there are ways to add the weight to the handle permanently. It is interesting, but when you bring more weight into the handle, it will usually make a blade feel lighter even though you have actually made it heavier. It gives you faster acceleration and more whipping action.

thank you, Carl. yes i'd like to try lighter blade as my playing get better. thanks for the insight!