Q: Beginner set

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hi guys,
I read all the possible topics on that subject, but I was more confused than makes me clear.
Of all the suggestions, I chose ones from UpSideDownCarl, as mostly explained and logical to me.

What I chose to buy as the first non-amateur blade are the following:
1) Stiga Allround Classic - 27
2) Donic Appelgren Allplay -
3)
Stiga Allround Evolution - 29
4) Yasaka Sweden Extra - 20

and rubber for this blades:
1)
Yasaka Mark V - 24
2) Xiom Vega intro - 18

3)
Xiom Vega Pro- 20-24
4)
Xiom Vega Europa - 24
i think all in 2.0 mm thickness.

Or as alternative, i can buy used Yasaka Sweden classic (old version) pared with Yasaka Rakza 7 and
Yasaka Rakza 7 soft - 50 €.

So please help me to make a right choice. Thanks a lot!

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Buy the old sweden classic with Rakza 7s.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
DHSNH340BS is OK, but for that price you might as well try sourcing XOVIIAHC.

Question is how much value proposition does it offer over Vega Intro at this stage?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I have buy it from a guy in my town, the rubber is 155/150 mm, 10 min play according to him. It really look like new one, and is very sticky. I asked him for the reason of the sale, his answer was, that he play with the defensive blade, and the rubber is very slow for him, and to play whit it, he need to change the blade.
I didn't glued it yet, but first i checked the dimensions of the blade, it is 157/151, so it will not be a problem, it is only 2 mm shorter.
Thanks for the answers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Guys, we are talking about DHS Hurricane 3 National 40' blue sponge, not the commercial one.
This one cost 100€, according TT11, where did you find it for 40€?
Or maybe am wrong?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Yogi, i think they are factory boosted, or? That why they are allowed to use in competition...
Sry my bad, I need to learn to read more thoroughly. Lasta threw me off and I thought we were talking about Omega VII Asia. My bad. In that case I supports everything Yogi said. Authenticity is a big problem, unless you trust your source.

Yogi, i think they are factory boosted, or? That why they are allowed to use in competition...

Factory boosting is allowed as long as it is within the limit for VOC. Most rubbers nowadays are factory boosted already.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, I would not buy a rubber that is used and cut for a blade that is smaller than the one you are going to use.

Just get Vega Intro on both sides. Or, if you want a Chinese tacky rubber for FH, then get whichever one you want but buy it new.

All hard Chinese tacky rubbers, even the ones that come factory tuned, play much much much much better boosted. But, you don't "need" to boost them. They just don't play anywhere near as good without the boost.

And if you are a beginner getting a beginner setup, why get an advanced rubber like H3 BS N, particularly if it is used?