DHS Hurricane 8 Soft review

This user has no status.
Hello Guys,

I saw a new rubber on tt11 website and I decided to try it out. I'm not a professional rubber reviewer but I'll try to give a honest unbiased review about the rubber.

The rubber in question is DHS Hurricane 8 soft.

Attached image on the bottom.

Playing on a Nittaku Septear Lead blade with 2,2mm thickness hurricane rubber and xiom omega 7 pro 2.0mm.

First thing I noticed when I bounced the ball was the apsorbtion of the softer sponge and the sticky rubber. The ball felt dead and my shots were definitely slower than with Tibhar Aurus Prime.

As I started with some light practice, the rubber was a little faster than I expected, a little more speed than Sriver. Drives were cutting it low on the table but it was still controllable and nice to play with.

Then the looping started. Let me just say, it's still a sticky chinese rubber, you need alot of effort to get the ball going.
But the spin this rubber gives is just insane. My opponent asked me if I microwaved the rubber or something. The ball cuts right above the net with alot of spin, not in the H3N rank but not so far away.

Blocking felt a little slow, passive block is not for this rubber, you need to put some pressure on the ball to get a nice block or the ball just ends up in the net. Blocking against heavy topspin was easier because the stickiness of the rubber put the ball over the new even on passive blocks.

Overall a nice rubber for forehand topspin oriented players who are technically more on the gifted side and for the faster players.
It is a little more dynamic version with the softer sponge and you dont need to engage as much as on a typical chinese rubber.

First review on this site so please dont go hard on me :)
I'll answer as many questions as I can from my humble perspective.

Edit: I can compare this with a variety of different rubbers, tried them alot. Once an equipment guy, always an equpment guy :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_000200.jpg
    IMG_20200313_000200.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,832
Last edited:
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
as a reviewer, you must consider comments on below things:

1 - Drive
2 - Loop
3 - Counter TopSpin
4 - keeping serve low and short
5 - Service Receive
6 - Passive Block
7 - Active Block
8 - flat hits on lobs

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
as a reviewer, you must consider comments on below things:

1 - Drive
2 - Loop
3 - Counter TopSpin
4 - keeping serve low and short
5 - Service Receive
6 - Passive Block
7 - Active Block
8 - flat hits on lobs

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Ok I'll keep all of these in mind for future reference. Thank you.
I think I covered most of the things listed, but I need to go more in depth with them.

I'll cover the things that I didn't cover now.

Counter topspinning felt nice, but you need to engage the ball pretty strong to get it over the net. The softer sponge definitely helped a little but the shots weren't as strong and fast as with a harder chinese sponge or EU rubbers.

Service, as with any chinese rubber, was great. No problem with keeping the service low and short and long and fast serves were also easy to land. Only thing that I noticed is the sponge engagement for some serves, the ball went a little to long so a little adjustment is needed to keep the ball low.

Service receive was no problem. Serve receives were easy to control and place right where you want them. If the service was faster, you'll need to be quick on your feet to get it over the net with a lot of engagement.

Smashes were nothing to write home about. The more power you add, the faster it goes, but you need to open the racket a little more to get it safely over. It's definitely better than harder chinese rubbers, but only by a small margin, the sponge gives you a little extra safety when smashing.

Hope I covered most of the list now, thank you for the help.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
Thank you for all of the information that you've shared! I have been considering this rubber as I currently use the H3N and am looking for something that has a little more dwell time. I do like the speed of the H3N however and don't want something that is more than 10% faster that what I have now. What would you estimate the difference in speed between the H3N and the new H8 soft?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
just wondering if any more people have played with this H8 soft

I have used H3 soft/37, both commercial and provincial.

Provincial is pretty good. Commerical is average.

So I guess my questyion is, can this replace H3 soft provincial?
I found H3neo Provincial 40degree and H8 hard to be pretty similar, I've used H3 37 provincial but not the H8 soft, so can't really comment on that comparison!!

Reactions: virtuososiu