Chinese Kids Equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I am not sure, but I would guess something like Sanwei M8 + batwings. Maybe wait few hours till there will be more reasonable time in china timezone. Maybe a domestic player will reply :|

Also I think that Chinese teaching methods are just better and equipment is not a factor. I was watching Emrathich and noticed their teaching methods are different. I saw that in the beginning Chinese children start by shadowing and learning to feel the ball. So out of boredom (In Poland we have weird situation now regarding Covid19, people are advised not to leave their homes) I picked a bucket of balls, some practice targets and was shooting dem balls. I think it helps. Same for shadow swinging.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I started playing table tennis when my grandparents took me to a coach when I was in China. After a few weeks, I got a 5 ply yinhe blade and tin arc on both sides. I think to the Chinese, equipment doesn't matter to them much but instead mastering the strokes and footwork, then maybe changing equipment.

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
i think they use hard china rubbers so they learn to use the body in the forehand loop.

I disagree on this approach because people end up hitting upwards instead of forward

I think there is some good reasoning behind training that stroke first though, it's a lot easier to change the trajectory of your swing than to change to nature of the way your stroke contacts the ball.

By encouraging the upward stroke with a finer contact, you get a higher quality ball once you get faster blades/rubbers and change the angle of your stroke a bit.

Whereas you can learn to play TT perfectly fine with a flatter contact (still getting some topspin), and this will be the natural way kids are likely to play their stroke without a bit of outside influence since it's a much lower effort shot for the same speed, but once you scale that up you end up with a much lower 'quality' stroke, eg with less spin.

Since the mentality for kids' training tends to be to give them solid mechanics, it makes a lot of sense to train them to be able to play the higher quality, high spin, brushing, stroke first.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I generally disagree on using thin rubbers for learning technique. I believe in both China and Japan the kid's equipment changes from club to club.In china, more kids will use Hurricane and cheap chinese rubbers and in japan more will use victas or Nittaku. But it depends on the coach.

Using thin rubbers in the first few months is ok. Kids on that level cannot maximize the use of a max sponge how much more tbose people who do not train like hell.
I have coached a lot of beginner kids/adults with a 1.7mm or 1.8mm tacky premade racket and they are just fine.