how to reduce bat weight by 6-8 gms very easily simple trick !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 2 reviews
this replies to the previous post also but for anyone who wants to reduce racket weight . so many do on this forum ! .. l reduce my total bat weight by 7 gms by glueing the rubber 5mm up from the handle butt leaving a small gap . this extends a new moon type shape from the sides and top 5mm at top tapering down on both rubbers this reduces weight by up to 8gms . bat is still the same size . the gap does me no harm in fact l like the extra feel from the tiny gap.l tried a more than 5mm gap and did not like it for the thumb and 1st finger slip ito a too big a hole ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
this replies to the previous post also but for anyone who wants to reduce racket weight . so many do on this forum ! .. l reduce my total bat weight by 7 gms by glueing the rubber 5mm up from the handle butt leaving a small gap . this extends a new moon type shape from the sides and top 5mm at top tapering down on both rubbers this reduces weight by up to 8gms . bat is still the same size . the gap does me no harm in fact l like the extra feel from the tiny gap.l tried a more than 5mm gap and did not like it for the thumb and 1st finger slip ito a too big a hole ...
Interesting idea. though you are making the bat heavier in the head by doing this.
personally I like to make the bat more head heavy which I achieve by gluing a lead strip (normally used for weighting lawn tennis racket) to the end of the racket. even though the strip is very thin one is enough