Tips for disinfecting equipment and balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Since many of the clubs in the US have closed for a few weeks and "Social Distancing" is being recommended, I was wondering if there were any tips or guidelines for disinfecting things like tables, balls, nets, rackets, etc. Hand-shaking is now discouraged, and I hope the practice of wiping sweaty hands on tables follows, but what about disinfecting the table, or especially the balls, between games, matches, or club outings? Does anyone do this? Are their recommendations? It would seem this would be good idea, but I have nor heard it discussed. The balls, in particular, would seem to be a great way to transmit germs, as lots of people touch those, but I have never seen a ball cleaned.

Thanks for any ideas.

This is new territory (cleaning balls) as disinfecting them could likely change the playing surface. Let me provide an example; disinfecting with say rubbing alcohol would leave a slippery surface until dried.

Just wiping them? That would likely not provide much benefit.

Wait, how about playing with an 'air ball' ? Doesn't transmit..

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
A Detroit Pistons player tested positive about a week after a game against the Utah Jazz who had two players we now know were infected.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Give them a sunbath?

Wipe them with 1:99 diluted household bleach?

says Aging is a killer
Give them a sunbath?

Wipe them with 1:99 diluted household bleach?

No need for bleach. Ordinary soap will do. Preferably the type that does not leave any residue. Dish-washing soap in a bucket of water. Good enough.
Disinfect the table. Check temperature of each player as they enter the club.
However, be aware that some carriers display no symptoms.
I think that I better stay home:(

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Play wearing mask and gloves. After play dispose of gloves. Equal handicap to both players.