Is your club closed because of corona?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
All indoor sport activities are closed in Denmark by law starting from today. Clubs have been closed for about 2 weeks though.
Gatherings outside and inside of more than 10 people are not allowed anymore.
Can still go out and play golf though...

But maybe they will soon forbid people to go out of their houses unless to buy food and medicine. Like in France and Spain.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
I wanted to start this thread to check how the situation is with you guys.
Because right now everything is changing from day to day.

5 Days ago, here in Belgium, everything was still normal and I played a league match on Wednesday.
Then the next day Government declared Anti Corona measures and every sports club was closed.
So 1 day everything was allowed and 24 hours later, the club is locked.

I thought we would have to take precautions or something but no, it's from 100 to 0 without any notice.
Right now we aren't even allowed to train 1v1 or even train solo on serves or vs a TT robot for at least the next 3 weeks.

So I wanted to know, how is it in other countries.
Could you state in your post what country and what limitations there are right now?

For me it's:

Belgium (Flanders)
Situation: All clubs on lock down, no training whatsoever allowed.

Indeed, our club has been closed since 12/03/20

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
In Serbia all sport clubs are closed, we not allowed to leave our homes after 8pm. Older people are nto allowed to leave homes at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I wanted to start this thread to check how the situation is with you guys.
Because right now everything is changing from day to day.

5 Days ago, here in Belgium, everything was still normal and I played a league match on Wednesday.
Then the next day Government declared Anti Corona measures and every sports club was closed.
So 1 day everything was allowed and 24 hours later, the club is locked.

I thought we would have to take precautions or something but no, it's from 100 to 0 without any notice.
Right now we aren't even allowed to train 1v1 or even train solo on serves or vs a TT robot for at least the next 3 weeks.

So I wanted to know, how is it in other countries.
Could you state in your post what country and what limitations there are right now?

For me it's:

Belgium (Flanders)
Situation: All clubs on lock down, no training whatsoever allowed.

Hi - I'm in Cornwall, in the UK. I run two table-tennis sessions and decided to close them on Tuesday, not on government advice (as they haven't got a clue) but because of reading about other countries taking action. At that stage the word was that we could go ahead and finish the last two weeks of the season, but suddenly there was a change of attitude and everything was stopped. So no competitions, league play, training or table hire, probably for a few months. There are some outdoor tables near me so that might be an option if the weather improves.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Clubs are closed for at least until April 20, 2020. As of today, you aren't even allowed to play outside on publicly available tables.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Norway: All sport activity closed down, both competition and training. Training halls closed. League, tournaments and championships postponed and/or cancelled. Even tournaments in the beginning of May is now postponed. Schools, universities, bars/clubs, hairdressers etc are closed, and those who can work from home are asked to do so.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I was visiting TTD member erm real sudden like, as I had a chance with my wife in Korea.

As much as I would like to go back and visit again some day, the 9 road hours of driving through mountains and the turtles in the left lane refusing to yield make it very unlikely I make such a mission if I am the one driving.

I had always thought that the nice clean air of the country pines, the nice scenery, the frequent rains, the actual seasons, and that great organic apples and other produce would be a nice enticement for me to live in Oregon...

… but make no bones about it, I see how jokers in the state drive and I want ZERO part of it.

I am not German, but have a lot of German culturalization, especially in the area of driving. I am of the old-school of Germany when it comes to highway driving.

That school has a simple rule that you stay in the right lane(s), pass (and do not be half-azz about passing either) and get back into right lane.

This simple system allows better use of the road for everyone, is very predictable, and allows for a higher degree of safety, even at higher speeds.

The speed racers and pay their money and go to the private race track and do their thing.

Most of the autobahn had speed limits - only the most remote areas had unlimited speed limit, and that wasn't for more than a few dozen km at a time. You had to know exactly where these stretches of autobahn are... and it isn't worth it to try to cruise at 240+ kph forever. Besides, you got shytty fuel economy doing that.

Anyway, a joker hogging left lane doing under 100 kph taking 10 minutes to pass a truck or another turtle is absolutely an ARSCHLOCH move and would utterly BOIL the blood of a German or most Europeans.

That is the number one reason why I would not be able to stand living in the state of Oregon for more than the first week.

Reactions: Table Tennis Reborn
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 3 reviews
I was visiting TTD member erm real sudden like, as I had a chance with my wife in Korea.

As much as I would like to go back and visit again some day, the 9 road hours of driving through mountains and the turtles in the left lane refusing to yield make it very unlikely I make such a mission if I am the one driving.

I had always thought that the nice clean air of the country pines, the nice scenery, the frequent rains, the actual seasons, and that great organic apples and other produce would be a nice enticement for me to live in Oregon...

… but make no bones about it, I see how jokers in the state drive and I want ZERO part of it.

I am not German, but have a lot of German culturalization, especially in the area of driving. I am of the old-school of Germany when it comes to highway driving.

That school has a simple rule that you stay in the right lane(s), pass (and do not be half-azz about passing either) and get back into right lane.

This simple system allows better use of the road for everyone, is very predictable, and allows for a higher degree of safety, even at higher speeds.

The speed racers and pay their money and go to the private race track and do their thing.

Most of the autobahn had speed limits - only the most remote areas had unlimited speed limit, and that wasn't for more than a few dozen km at a time. You had to know exactly where these stretches of autobahn are... and it isn't worth it to try to cruise at 240+ kph forever. Besides, you got shytty fuel economy doing that.

Anyway, a joker hogging left lane doing under 100 kph taking 10 minutes to pass a truck or another turtle is absolutely an ARSCHLOCH move and would utterly BOIL the blood of a German or most Europeans.

That is the number one reason why I would not be able to stand living in the state of Oregon for more than the first week.

Stay healthy, our club has shut now to. No able tennis, except for those fortunate to have a table at home.

Reactions: Der_Echte
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
In France half of the Covid-19 patients in ICUs are age 19-50. With flu life or death at that point (ARDS) is about 50% so no reason Covid 19 will be different. The notion that you are relatively safe if not old or sick is no longer a safe assumption.

Stay home whenever possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
From Bangalore, India. All clubs are closed here, even club houses within apartment complex are closed.