Is your club closed because of corona?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I wanted to start this thread to check how the situation is with you guys.
Because right now everything is changing from day to day.

5 Days ago, here in Belgium, everything was still normal and I played a league match on Wednesday.
Then the next day Government declared Anti Corona measures and every sports club was closed.
So 1 day everything was allowed and 24 hours later, the club is locked.

I thought we would have to take precautions or something but no, it's from 100 to 0 without any notice.
Right now we aren't even allowed to train 1v1 or even train solo on serves or vs a TT robot for at least the next 3 weeks.

So I wanted to know, how is it in other countries.
Could you state in your post what country and what limitations there are right now?

For me it's:

Belgium (Flanders)
Situation: All clubs on lock down, no training whatsoever allowed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
In Croatia all sport events and trainings were forbiddined, but me, my friend and our lets say our mentor (he is better than us and theaches us sometimes things he knows, but he is not a coach and as he says he doesnt know a lot himself) still go there every day to play, but we have to keep it from other players because if a lot of people come to play we would get a big fine. I play football too and I am usually always somewhere and very active person so staying in house most of the day is killing me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
in Tokyo, some but not all of big sports centers are closed, but they are also a few smaller private schools where one can play.

They have closed schools, and postponed or cancelled big sports events (but not the Olympics YET) or made those events happen with any public (like the spring sumo tournament)

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Zerobeach table tennis is open as usual. I'd invite y'all to come on down, but we aren't taking anybody from Yoorup right now. Might bring a nasty foreign virus.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
China: all clubs closed for 2 months now and remain so.

This user has no status.
U.S: Lets close all the schools down for 2 weeks or take online classes and let the parents still work. Oh wait lets also keep bills due for those who can't go to work and aren't paid(sports clubs, restaurants, etc) . Better yet hoard all the toiletries and food.
Summary: Life is great here! No traffic at 5pm. (we are freaking the hell out here.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
The play at my closest club, Portland Table Tennis Clubs, is closed for a while. Not long enough in my opinion. I don't play there often any more because it is far away and the traffic is bad. However, I do get an old geezer discount if I go at noon.

The west side of Portland usually goes to the Paddle Palace.

I have my own table but play there has been sporadic too.

Ditto what Player Tim said.

However, may company is still open. Some people aren't showing up for work. Most are. All the engineers have their own office so it is possible to isolate yourself at work. Most people have VPNs so they can work from home. The sales guys have Ethernet phones. What is critical is production people and purchasing. If this lasts only two months we will be OK but after that who knows? The other problem is accounts receivable. People need to pay us. We deal most with big companies so that shouldn't be a problem for now.

I can't find vegetables at the stores. I have plenty of food except vegetables. We have enough toilet paper at work to last till May but our purchasing agent said no one will even talk to her about paper products.

We do have a few canisters of Clorox ( a bleach company ) wipes. I go around wiping things when I do my management by walking around. I figure the Clorox wipes will sanitize my hands too. My hands feel a little dry now.

Don't touch other people's key board!

We have a regional sales manager in Edinburgh, Scotland. He said things are not too crazy there yet but travel to the EU is out. Personally, I was in support of Brexit. I really feel it is the right path for the UK but it has screwed up our EU marketing plans especially now with the Wuhan virus stopping travel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Thx for the report BB, you missed me when I was at Paddle Palace TTC last month...
If I knew your were that close I would have come to meet you. Normally I stay away from Portland because of the traffic and the crazies. I live north across the Columbia river in Vancouver and work in Battle Ground, WA which is in the opposite direction from the Paddle Palace.

I have only met and played with Tommy Zai and his girl friend from the MYTT forum. I gave them a ride back to the hotel so they didn't need to get a cab. Eric Fountain (MYTT) was there too.