Off/Off- blade

This user has no status.
Xiom Offensive S or Extreme S depending if you want a 7 ply or 5 ply blade. Sanwei Fextra is also very good.
I think I want to improve my offensive game, so Im thinking about go with an Off blade, but still not too fast as Viscaria or that blades, I would like an ALC or something with a sharp feel but good control also.

Enviado desde mi WAS-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think I want to improve my offensive game, so Im thinking about go with an Off blade, but still not too fast as Viscaria or that blades, I would like an ALC or something with a sharp feel but good control also.

I think the recommendations Yogi gave are good. I would think about Offensive S or Sanwei Fextra.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Nittaku Acoustic - 5 ply blade may be a suitable choice. Is one of the faster all wood 5 ply blade and offers very good control if the intent is stick to an offensive game.

A budget alternative which I feel would be interesting for you here is DHS Hurricane 301. It has ALC on the inner core and only cost 1/3 the price of similar Butterfly blades. So you feel less pain even if you accidentally chip the blade.

Reactions: ck1407

Enviado desde mi WAS-LX3 mediante Tapatalk
The mentioned blades are already fastt and sharp enough especially the 7 ply ones. Do not think of these blades as merely slow blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I would expect Latika (which is in OP profile as a blade, as of 19.03.2020) to be in same general bullpark as Offensive S. Latika Light is just smaller and lighter version of Latika, right? If then so Latika and Xiom Offensive S has pretty similar construction, both around 5.8mm thickness, both have ayous cores (assuming latika light has same ply construction as latika), both has limba outer plies, the difference being spruce second layer in latika instead of limba in Offensive S. I think that because those blades are such similar and both are in Off- range the OP hesitates to go with this.

If you want something faster but not too fast going with 7 ply all wood blade would not be the worst choice you can make. If I were making that choice I would pick a clipper clone (Limba Ayous Ayous Ayous Ayous Ayous Limba) or maybe clipper itself. I like hard top ply myself so I snagged Xiom Omega Tour from sale and happy with it. But that is only my take..

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would expect Latika (which is in OP profile as a blade, as of 19.03.2020) to be in same general bullpark as Offensive S. Latika Light is just smaller and lighter version of Latika, right? If then so Latika and Xiom Offensive S has pretty similar construction, both around 5.8mm thickness, both have ayous cores (assuming latika light has same ply construction as latika), both has limba outer plies, the difference being spruce second layer in latika instead of limba in Offensive S. I think that because those blades are such similar and both are in Off- range the OP hesitates to go with this. If you want something faster but not too fast going with 7 ply all wood blade would not be the worst choice you can make. But that is only my take..

Offensive S is 6.2mm and pretty fast for how good the feeling is.

But, in any case, the blades Yogi recommended are exactly what the OP asked for. And without seeing footage of the OP to see what would actually be useful to him, the recommendations Yogi gave are good. And so is the Acoustic recommended by TT-Kidz.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Offensive S is 6.2mm
https://www.xiom.eu/offensive says it's 5.8, but I also found some other source saying otherwise :| (namely 6.1mm, whatever). I totally agree with your judgement though, but I think that the blade is not bad (maybe the playing area dimensions are bit small). Maybe rubbers need to be updated instead :|

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Offensive S looks like the perfect blade, but I also found another blade that looks just awesome, I'm talking about the Gewo Sensus Carbo Touch, it has Inner carbon, it's off-/off and its suposed to have a lot of control.
Maybe I am just crazy, but I think I really need the feeling of carbon, cause it gives me a lot of confidence on my shots, I actually use the latika light, and I feel that I will break my paddle in every shot, lol.
I have so much touch, so when I feel my latika is going to break, I change the angle of the shot and I fail it.
So hope you guys help this guy to decide between the Offensive S and the Gewo blade. The cons of the Offensive S is that i dont know if his touch is sharp enough
Also I have tried normal latika and I don't like it at all, idk why. I think acoustic its too expensive, I would rather a Violin for that price haha.