Need a new BH rubber: O7P vs DNA Pro M?

O7P is much faster and spinnier.

I've tried O7P but not DNA. O7P is definitely a solid rubber, it has that 'click' feeling when you hit which is awesome. However O7P is a little bit lacking in grip if compared to tenergy or Rasanter. This is why I'm a little bit hesitant.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Really? I found Omega 7 to be one of the few with more grip than tenergy...

If that's the case, stay away from DNA.

Although I do find the Pro topsheet a bit too soft, the DNA plays more direct.

If you want more grip, you might have to go tacky. Tibhar Hybrid K1 is excellent stuff.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I had chance to play Vicky + DNA PRO M on both sides and I think DNA PRO M is perfect on bh but on fh too soft, I had chance to play OA7 and OE7, OP7 and you can read here that I really like Asia because you can generate good spin with nice arc. OE7 is good on bh but rubber is more for amateurs, safety shots, slower, forgive errors etc.
Omega 7 pro is not very good on Viscaria and Omega 7 Pro is very good on Joola Quadri Aruna.
Sometimes rubbers have different feeling on different blades and if you like your viscaria...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I had chance to play Vicky + DNA PRO M on both sides and I think DNA PRO M is perfect on bh but on fh too soft, I had chance to play OA7 and OE7, OP7 and you can read here that I really like Asia because you can generate good spin with nice arc. OE7 is good on bh but rubber is more for amateurs, safety shots, slower, forgive errors etc.
Omega 7 pro is not very good on Viscaria and Omega 7 Pro is very good on Joola Quadri Aruna.
Sometimes rubbers have different feeling on different blades and if you like your viscaria...

How do you know that OP does not like the same feeling as you? Maybe he would love O7P on viscaria and hate it on Joola Quadry Aruna. You probably shouldnt post subjective advices misleading people. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I dont care.
Tibhar match is as good as zhang Jike super zlc.
Every thread looks like biased festival of sellin equipment from brands that someone get for free and have contract with them.
You can buy brick 999 globe and like more than tenergy 05
Subjective opinion? Yes.

You still havent explained why you dont like O7P on backhand and why you like DNA M

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Omega VII PRO is more Forehand rubber it is fast with good control, with good grip, with very good feeling but when you make full swing it is really beast
DNA PRO M has less gears but easier to put rotation, easier to be agressive in shorter swing this is why i want more DNA PRO M than Omega VII PRO.
for me you can buy whatever you like so buy omega VII pro and dont make an uproar

Omega VII PRO is more Forehand rubber it is fast with good control, with good grip, with very good feeling but when you make full swing it is really beast
DNA PRO M has less gears but easier to put rotation, easier to be agressive in shorter swing this is why i want more DNA PRO M than Omega VII PRO.
for me you can buy whatever you like so buy omega VII pro and dont make an uproar

I see.. Thank you for your insight :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I believe firmly that it is important to know what category and softness/firmness of sponge you need to play the kind of shots a player does given his/her impact.

O7P could be great for a player on BH, and I would play much better (hit faster, spinier shots) with a slower control rubber that is kinda on the soft side. Last tourney I had unboosted/unglued Nittaku Hammond (the old school inverted rubber) in 2.0 on BH and was simply a beast of BH the last tourney.

I could give my bat and rubber to another player my levels and that player may so hate on the entire bat.

It comes down to how you make impact and what shots you are trying to do, then knowing what is more suitable.

it is next to impossible to say that without having been around a player and be on the other side as the player tries different rubbers on same blade and you feel and see what that player is doing.

It isn't so cut and dried as asking if this rubber is "better" for FH or BH.

Watch Dan and Tom as they do video reviews of equipment.

ALWAYS it is a DYNAMIC test of the shots they do with their kind of impacts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Man he can put every rubber on different blade and take 2-3 days to know how equipment work this is dynamic test ? no pressure and you can play whatever you want with superstar just to show how well rubber is working on 20 minutes video.
If someone have in his signature Rasanter 47 what kind of rubber will be better for him?
I don't like answers what is better blade , rubber whatever because everything works different with different place. I like playing in small gym so I have different vision than guy who was in the big hall and have more feeling with the bigger places.
Next. I put words from yogi bear, and wait for responds. Why you don't write this "impact" knowledge " when famous guy wrote a review and put words like- typical power forehand rubber.
Why? Because it's business.
So for me DNA pro M is more like Rasanter 47 big brother than OP7 because its not from the same place factory so I know something more than this is better because it's better and that's all
Xiom Omega 7 Pro is good rubber but I think V Tour is their best work and this is only my word.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I know my kind of impact (how I strike the ball) and I am not great with a firm sponged dynamic rubber in most shot situations, except for couterlooping medium to fast loops... then I am boss... but have significantly harder time doing the other tasks I do more frequently. That is my FH wing.

My BH wing has a lot of variety of shots possible, but at the end of the day, softer dynamic rubbers, or slower older softer rubbers give me more consistency in landing percentage and my power shots on that wing do not lack power or control. I just don't get the same easy spin and control with the modern firmer sponged dynamic rubbers (think Tenergy, O7P)

That is a quick summary of my kind of impact that I understand about myself. I am basically a get it into the topsheet gentle-like and accelerate kind impact hitting guy... that means a topsheet with a pimple structure that is easy to bend pips/wrap topsheet around ball and a softer dynamic sponge (or a linear one on low/med end) is my sweet spot.

Understanding that about myself helps me select equipment that works for what I do.

I think this kind of understanding of self is important.

I have tried both O7Tour and DNA Pro M... I did not like either for my general FH... I did not like either for my BH... but that was ME and my opinion about what was suitable for my way of striking the ball.

When I am in person with someone in the club, I have them go through several different dynamic shot situations. I see how they open vs underspin slow, how they open fast, how they drive, how they push, how they do topspin to topspin at and away from table, how they block passively and actively. I see and feel what they did. I have them trout several different classes of equipment and rubbers and sponge hardness and can see quickly the improvement or degrade in quality.

That is how you I can get someone to realize the class of equipment suitable for them. Just about every maker has one or three of every class and some are equal, some similar, some better or worse.

Just because someone has a certain rubber on their sig doesn't mean it is the perfect rubber for them on that wing... if it was, why would the player change it? It is very well know what is similar to Rasanter 47... MX-K is the first rubber to come to mind with similar properties on the low to medium impacts. O7P is in a similar class, but a different rubber altogether.

There are so many rubbers and blades out there, it is literally impossible to test them all. If you understand the basic properties of certain blades and the rubbers, you have an idea of how will play and what is suitable for yourself or a certain player.

TTD member erm is probably the forums largest EJ and it is not even close - no one is even 10 times as close. That dude used to maintain an ARSENAL of a thousand plus blades... for years. He knows every blade maker of significance in the WORLD. He had the original makers RECREATE Stellan Bengston's old blade and gifted it to Stellan in Calfornia.

erm comes to the club daily with a dozen combinations of blades and rubbers and tries them ALL. despite that, he MIGHT have tried 10 percent of all possible combinations over the couple decades since he returned tot he sport.

He will tell you the same things I have said about equipment selection and probably say it easier and better than I do.

Since so many posts about equipment are fanboy posts or players inquiring about equipment that is obviously not suitable for them, erm had quickly opted to not get involved in discussing equipment. Why would he? Most folk would try to not believe him or get into a pointless argument... when they are .2% qualified to discuss equipment than he is.

Maybe I can get him to talk in this thread briefly about the concepts he holds important just to make it a public record for service to TTD members.

Stuff like this happens a lot on forums. (Professional TT people come on to talk, and quickly, the USATT 1200 armchair captains try to tell the pro they are wrong and what not) Anyone who used to post on about.com remember when Werner Schlager himself came on the forum to discuss an aspect, and suddenly, he met with a lot of baseless criticism? Then you never heard from him on the forum.

KB, I think you make an important point about the play venue... the floor surface, the sub-surface, the altitude, humidity, and the table itself (also the paint condition). They are all large factors and not so many players are aware of that and do not know how (or are just not intuitive enough) to adapt to them.

Myself, I was never good enough on my FH impact to use a tour version of any omega series rubber... on BH, even if I could make all the shots, my percentage and quality was simply better with a slower, more control oriented rubber. Until I ran into erm in California, I did not have half my current understanding of how to go about evaluating the different aspects of equipment.

Man he can put every rubber on different blade and take 2-3 days to know how equipment work this is dynamic test ? no pressure and you can play whatever you want with superstar just to show how well rubber is working on 20 minutes video.
If someone have in his signature Rasanter 47 what kind of rubber will be better for him?
I don't like answers what is better blade , rubber whatever because everything works different with different place. I like playing in small gym so I have different vision than guy who was in the big hall and have more feeling with the bigger places.
Next. I put words from yogi bear, and wait for responds. Why you don't write this "impact" knowledge " when famous guy wrote a review and put words like- typical power forehand rubber.
Why? Because it's business.
So for me DNA pro M is more like Rasanter 47 big brother than OP7 because its not from the same place factory so I know something more than this is better because it's better and that's all
Xiom Omega 7 Pro is good rubber but I think V Tour is their best work and this is only my word.

You should read my reviews again. I always say if what stroke or ball contact method the rubber is good at
Actually, DNA and Omega rubbers are from the same place and factory. Both from ESN factory in Germany.

Last edited: