Need a new BH rubber: O7P vs DNA Pro M?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Echte is right. There is no such thing as the perfect rubber. In fact, I would go as far as to say there is not too "much" difference amongst modern rubbers all together. Knowing the basic properties, which only comes with trying many different rubbers should be enough for you to make a decision.

As for basic properties of these 2:

The O7P has a noticeably softer topsheet and slightly softer sponge than DNA M. Meanwhile the DNA M has a softer topsheet than older generation ESN rubbers. That should be enough objective information to determine which you would like more.

Personally, I prefer the opposite of Der Echte. I lean towards the hardest rubbers (both topsheet and sponge) on hard and stiff blades. Even the lightest hint of "mushiness" is a turn off for me. That's why subjective reviews can go either way.

As for the OP. Having used both for about a month, objective: springiness, grip, and durability goes to O7P. Subjective: I prefer the DNA because it feels more direct/precise. I also much prefer the O7 Asia and DNA H to their medium versions.

Reactions: Der_Echte
You have to dig through the sponge in order to get spin. The O7P is the opposite of O7A where even by just a thin brush, the O7A is spinny.

Hi Yogi, what about o7hyper on backhand? I've never tried tour, but I've tried Asia. Asia feels too hard on backhand for me. Not too hard to the point of unplayable, but it's not to my liking.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Hi Yogi, what about o7hyper on backhand? I've never tried tour, but I've tried Asia. Asia feels too hard on backhand for me. Not too hard to the point of unplayable, but it's not to my liking.
Asia is 50 degrees and Hyper is 55. I think if you find Asia is too hard and Hyper is 5 degrees harder (this is hardness difference between O7E and O7P) then I think might feel like it is too hard despite the factory boost.

Hyper is very hard and feels like a 41 degree Hurricane 3 in the backhand. It is a high performance rubber that needs high level of skills. I am settled with the O7A as a bh rubber

Why do you prefer O7A over o7p? In practice it feels better, but Im afraid in real match where you dont always get perfect timing it might be too hard?

Why do you prefer O7A over o7p? In practice it feels better, but Im afraid in real match where you dont always get perfect timing it might be too hard?
Because 07A still has some topsheet softness left and I prefer it to have better control than Hyper. I may have spinnier pushes and loops with Hyper but I have better ball control with O7A.

Because 07A still has some topsheet softness left and I prefer it to have better control than Hyper. I may have spinnier pushes and loops with Hyper but I have better ball control with O7A.

no yogi, Asia vs Pro on backhand.. Why do you prefer Asia on backhand instead of Pro?