MHTableTennis Tutorial Videos

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
MaTT said:
"Hopefully, you have enjoyed this video..."

Yes, I enjoyed your video.

In another video, I may like to see how you make your variations with a contact point on side/under portion of the ball... the traditional impact zone of the FH pendulum.

I like varying my impact location anywhere in the zone of behind the ball to under the ball to the side of the ball... basically a quadrant.

It is interesting to have seen your control of the pendulum swing on a horizontal basis to make variations with the bottom of ball being the impact point.

May be interesting to see your other contact points, swing variations, and more of your follow through fake news you use to make opponent all JU'd. (Jacked Up)

No way to get much of that into one vid... but what the heck, the lock down is gunna be with us for a spell more.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Yes, I enjoyed your video.

In another video, I may like to see how you make your variations with a contact point on side/under portion of the ball... the traditional impact zone of the FH pendulum.

I like varying my impact location anywhere in the zone of behind the ball to under the ball to the side of the ball... basically a quadrant.

It is interesting to have seen your control of the pendulum swing on a horizontal basis to make variations with the bottom of ball being the impact point.

May be interesting to see your other contact points, swing variations, and more of your follow through fake news you use to make opponent all JU'd. (Jacked Up)

No way to get much of that into one vid... but what the heck, the lock down is gunna be with us for a spell more.

I did one on pendulums yesterday, honestly usually I contact the bottom of the ball. My best success with serves is that basically anybody up to 2200 and a reasonable amount of people even up to 2350 will mis-read the bottom contact as backspin and try and drop short. I just pick off the easy pop-ups which is minimal effort.

Also once they start catching on I can start changing it back to backspin variations. Win-win for me, I've had great success with these service variations - particularly being a left hander.

Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Don't let Next Level see this vid, he might begin to call you what he calls me... HTSB... for the same reasons you mentioned in the beginning of the vid where you summarized three good reasons to use a high toss serve.

I use the high toss serve for the same reasons you mentioned. Ultimately, I have better timing using it, despite the difficulties others have. To me, I used a higher toss when I first really started to spend time practicing serves and I got used to the timing.

At that time, I was pretty much like you, stuck like Chuck - couldn't go anywhere... but for a WHOLE YEAR with no one who could even serve or return a serve. So training serves and dead ball impacts (flick, short bump, bounce off floor) was the only way to do any meaningful practice.

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Don't let Next Level see this vid, he might begin to call you what he calls me... HTSB... for the same reasons you mentioned in the beginning of the vid where you summarized three good reasons to use a high toss serve.

I use the high toss serve for the same reasons you mentioned. Ultimately, I have better timing using it, despite the difficulties others have. To me, I used a higher toss when I first really started to spend time practicing serves and I got used to the timing.

At that time, I was pretty much like you, stuck like Chuck - couldn't go anywhere... but for a WHOLE YEAR with no one who could even serve or return a serve. So training serves and dead ball impacts (flick, short bump, bounce off floor) was the only way to do any meaningful practice.

Haha I dare him to! :)

Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Matt Hetherington said:
Haha I dare him to! :)

Carl would create a ceremony, a guest Sergeant-Major would call attention, then I would battle-handoff my High Toss Servy Bastard hat to you, pin on new rank insignia without backing pieces, then pound it into ur collarbone with my fists, give you a handshake... then it is phot-op city.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
NL Quote...

Capture1.jpg

Reactions: Matt Hetherington
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Looks like I am opposite of you on BH serve... nearly all my serves impact the very bottom of the ball much like your preferred FH serves, but for the short serves.

I iike the easy ability to make short/long or spinny/light or under/side/top with the BH serve.

I think you did well to discuss the BH serve, we do not that so much in the forums.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Looks like I am opposite of you on BH serve....
I think a lot of people have a little bit different BH serve. I do swing sideways from left to right contacting ball somewhere between the back and the bottom (depending on where ball is stroke, different spin, more brushing under creates more backspin, holding racket more parallel to myself and stricking ball on the back yields more side rotation). I also have weird family of BH serves that mimic pendulum serve, holding racket normally face down striking ball on the side-bottom.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
There isn't such a camp... You know my trouble making ways in trying to get jokers to pound a button they should have pounded into the ground already...

I am still awaiting Next Level to bite on your bait. He was serious about the moniker he gave me, but you are a full 150-250 level points better rated on average and at that level, it is at least 2-4 full levels... which is a few whole new levels of bad-azz on serves. (in my own estimation given other things relative)

Given that, he would be silly not to name you HTSB...

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
You got that one out quick !!! Not even 30 minutes into the new day.

I bet You sum cheeze-its that you plan on sleeping in past 0600 this morning... I gotta get up at 0500. Meet you on this thread at 0600 (9AM your time zone) with a cappuccino if you are up to it...

Haha well technically it is 'yesterday's video. I upload them sometime between 11pm and 12am ish usually. I haven't been sleeping well so I'm usually still awake until 7:30am or 8am and only sleep until 11:30am or so. Too much stress at the moment.