Why do CNT players still use carbonado 45 if theres 245?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Why do CNT players still use carbonado 45 if theres 245? I thought 45 was less powerfull then 245 and even 145. Is it because 45 has a more woody feeling? Is 45 more flexible?
Mainly it is the CNT women players that are using the Carbonado 45. They play close to the table and prefer fast controlled spin game. The does not have to come from the blade, but from taken the ball early and using the opponents power when hitting the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: sampletext
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The 245 is also an interesting blade. I don't think most players would like it. It is a bit fast when you hit but slower when you loop hard. So guaging the speed is hard.

Also Carbonado 45 is not as slow as it seems. I am currently using it and like it a lot. The 145 is also a good medium - I have one but the head size is a bit weird on the one I have.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would say, the reason different players use different equipment always comes down to personal taste.

And it certainly isn't like 245 is better than 145 is better than 45. This is no such thing as a hierarchy of equipment like that. One blade will be good for one player and a different blade will be good for a different player.

You could also ask why so many pros seem to use Viscaria when there are newer ALC blades, there are ZLC blades, there are Super ZLC blades. Why do so many pros simply choose the oldest, simplest ALC blade (Viscaria)? Well, probably one reason is because they like it. Another might be because it is a good blade for them. And, yet another reason might be that a lot of pros do choose control over power because they have good technique and do not really need the blade to supply too much of their power.

But, no matter how you choose to explain the issue, it really does simply come down to PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

Why do CNT players still use carbonado 45 if theres 245? I thought 45 was less powerfull then 245 and even 145. Is it because 45 has a more woody feeling? Is 45 more flexible?

I think some who use c45 are using something else now.

Reactions: sampletext