Butterfly Revoldia CNF and Dignics 09C reviews

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I'm interested to know more about the 09C.
The guy in jacket seems to be using T05 on the other side and hit with both sides (both FH and BH) for comparison. I wonder what he said about it...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I'm also curious about the Revoldia, although it may not even matter considering how prohibitive the cost is.
I'm a little skeptical (likely OP is too) about basing personal opinions soley from Butterfly or sponsored Butterfly professionals as they have stake in their own descriptions.

To me it seems like it's not all too different the Viscaria itself, albeit possibly difference in feel in low-medium effort in short play. I'd wager this product is more about the luxury of having woodier acoustics in that area as it seems to still have that outer carbon clack the Viscaria has.
If so, I think an innerforce CNF blade wood be much more appealing where as these blades like the Harimoto ALC advertises such benefits.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Or the new bank account created by Butterfly makes him very very happy.

Quite funny video. The sort of fire in his eyes reminds a bit of a newly saved Christian.

Either he’s a really good actor or he truly is in love with the rubber.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Since I have not seen any reviews on d09c I thought I would give you my first impressions of the rubber. I bought it yesterday so I only had one hour of play.

First impression was that it was easy to adapt to, coming from t05. I thought it would be more difficult to adapt to, but the first loops were pretty much the same. No need to adjust angles. The rubber is a bit tacky/sticky. I could pick up the boll for max 5 cm or about a half second. A bit less compared to H3neo commercial. The surface of the topsheet is a bit oily/shiny more like the provincial or national version of H3neo.

Loops: Similar to t05. About the same spin I think.
Serves: My main serve is the backhand serve, but trying some pendulum serves they were spinnier, shorter and lower compared to t05.
Short game: Service receive and short pushes were easier.
Open ups/loops against backspin: I felt my percentage were higher.
Drives: This is the stroke that felt different. I missed a lot. Perhaps it not worse, but it is different and need some adjustment.
Block: Same as the drives. Need to adapt to it, perhaps not as good as t05.
Counter topspin: I had only a short playing time, but perhaps it is as Dima says in the Butterfly PR video, that it is not so sensitive to incoming spin. At least, that is my first impressions of it, but I need more time with the rubber.

I´m not 100% convinced of this rubber yet. But I will keep playing with it to give it more time. I was hoping for even more spin in the slow brush loops, but the open ups and serve and receive feels very promising.
A few times I accidently hit whit a bit of sponge and not only a brushing loop and the boll flew far away from the table. Very different result from doing the same stroke with t05.
I will be playing again for 3 hours on Monday to test it more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Since I have not seen any reviews on d09c I thought I would give you my first impressions of the rubber. I bought it yesterday so I only had one hour of play.

First impression was that it was easy to adapt to, coming from t05. I thought it would be more difficult to adapt to, but the first loops were pretty much the same. No need to adjust angles. The rubber is a bit tacky/sticky. I could pick up the boll for max 5 cm or about a half second. A bit less compared to H3neo commercial. The surface of the topsheet is a bit oily/shiny more like the provincial or national version of H3neo.

Loops: Similar to t05. About the same spin I think.
Serves: My main serve is the backhand serve, but trying some pendulum serves they were spinnier, shorter and lower compared to t05.
Short game: Service receive and short pushes were easier.
Open ups/loops against backspin: I felt my percentage were higher.
Drives: This is the stroke that felt different. I missed a lot. Perhaps it not worse, but it is different and need some adjustment.
Block: Same as the drives. Need to adapt to it, perhaps not as good as t05.
Counter topspin: I had only a short playing time, but perhaps it is as Dima says in the Butterfly PR video, that it is not so sensitive to incoming spin. At least, that is my first impressions of it, but I need more time with the rubber.

I´m not 100% convinced of this rubber yet. But I will keep playing with it to give it more time. I was hoping for even more spin in the slow brush loops, but the open ups and serve and receive feels very promising.
A few times I accidently hit whit a bit of sponge and not only a brushing loop and the boll flew far away from the table. Very different result from doing the same stroke with t05.
I will be playing again for 3 hours on Monday to test it more.

Thanks for sharing. Can you describe your playing level and style for context, thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Thanks for sharing. Can you describe your playing level and style for context, thanks.

Absolutely! I have no ranking, but my level I would say is not more than intermediate. I´ve been playing with friends for years and joined and club one year ago. Practising 3 times a week and playing games every second week.
I´ve been avoiding 50°+ rubbers from ESN, because I´ve been assuming it´s for more advanced players than me. So I can´t compare to those rubbers.
My playing style is an allrounder who plays with safety. I almost never go for winners, always try to put the ball over the net one more time than my opponent. In training however, I loop everything.:p

But about my playing style I can say that my loops are more of the slow spinny ones where I brush with the topsheet and not the fast ones with engaging the sponge (I played with H3neo over a year ago). I go more for spin and placement rather than pace.
I´m quite sure that more advanced players with faster swings and better technique will get more out of this rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I went on this YT video and asked the tester how is D09C compared to Chinese tacky rubbers. Here is his reply:

09Cについてはまだまだわからないことだらけなのですが、中国ラバーと比べると・そこまで硬くない。・ドライブがかかったりかからなかったり、ブロックがナックル気味になるということは少なく、球質は安定している。・少し下がっても飛ばしやすい。・サーブや台上技術、カット等では同じくらい弾まない。・粘着があるとはいえ基本的に全然違う。しかし、なぜか中国ラバーに近い打ち方でもいける場合がある。中国ラバーに近い軌道が出る場合がある。・においがない。中国ラバーにもいろいろあるので、物によるとは思いますが、自分が今思いつくのはこんなところです!

Can anyone translate this?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
USING GOOGLE TRANSLATE TO DO THE JOB. IF IT MAKES SENSE TO YOU.
There are lots of things I don't know about 09C, but it's not as hard as Chinese rubber. ・ It is rare that the drive is applied or not, and the block does not feel like a knuckle, and the sphere is stable. ・ Easy to fly even if slightly lowered. -Serve, bench technique, cut, etc. do not play as much. ・ Although it is sticky, it is fundamentally different. However, there is a case where it is possible to use a method close to Chinese rubber for some reason. An orbit close to Chinese rubber may appear. ・ No smell. There are various kinds of Chinese rubber, so I think it depends on the thing, but what I come up with now is such a place!