Butterfly Revoldia CNF and Dignics 09C reviews

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Played for 2 hours yesterday and had a 3 hour practice the day before that. Doing both drills and playing games. I´m really starting to like this rubber. I can now say that this rubber really excels in counterattacks. It rewards active strokes and aggressive play with the only downside being worse in blocks.
Counter attacks – No need for adjustments for opponents spin, just swing fast and it will land.
Loop against backspin – Easier.
Attacking long and half long serve – Easier.
All this features because off less sensitive to incoming spin when you hit the ball with your own pace and spin. This made me feel more confident and let me play more aggressive.

Then you have the expected changes and pros and cons changing from a more bouncy rubber like t05 to a harder, less bouncy d09c like not the same pace on wrist and smaller swings and that you have to be more precise in timing and swing strokes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
@Takkyu So, I´ve been trying it a bit on my backhand. Backhand drives and loops felt really good. The harder sponge or the grippier topsheet made me have to be more precise though. Flicks were easier and backhand loops against backspin was easier. Blocking was worse and pushing was more difficult. I could get more spin with my deep pushes but I had to be more precise, they often went long. I will stay with t05 on backhand and not spend the money on a extra d09c. But it might be different for you, who play with 80 and used to play with spinart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Played for 2 hours yesterday and had a 3 hour practice the day before that. Doing both drills and playing games. I´m really starting to like this rubber. I can now say that this rubber really excels in counterattacks. It rewards active strokes and aggressive play with the only downside being worse in blocks.
Counter attacks – No need for adjustments for opponents spin, just swing fast and it will land.
Loop against backspin – Easier.
Attacking long and half long serve – Easier.
All this features because off less sensitive to incoming spin when you hit the ball with your own pace and spin. This made me feel more confident and let me play more aggressive.

Then you have the expected changes and pros and cons changing from a more bouncy rubber like t05 to a harder, less bouncy d09c like not the same pace on wrist and smaller swings and that you have to be more precise in timing and swing strokes.

Have you tried H3 before, any similarities?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Have you tried H3 before, any similarities?

Yes, over a year ago I used to play with H3 neo. There are many similarities. As expected from two tacky rubbers. Great at serves, keeping serves low and short but still spinny. Looping with same brushing technic. The big the difference between the two I would say is that d09c is livelier. Which results in that you must be more careful in engaging the sponge. In example pushing to thick or hard and the ball will fly away. But also better at drives compared to H3 neo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Awesome. Thanks for the post. I would love to try it but the price really puts me off. I can get 2 Neo H3 provincial for that price. I will probably wait for 2nd hand 09C in a few months.

Korean Youtube channel (content from China) doing a review D09c and H3 National Blue 40 degrees (unboosted).

So it seems using the same Shore C Durometer the D09c is slightly harder sponge at 41.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Regarding YY video, I won't translate everything but here is a TLDR

YY says he never liked tacky rubbers like Chinese rubbers or SpinArt because you need to use a bit more body, and its more difficult to adjust when you're a bit late on the ball. He is also always afraid with this kind of rubber that the drive doesn't make it past the net when he's a bit back from the table. But he says all these worries don't exist with D09C. He is very excited and will adopt the rubber for both sides.

He says the main weakness is on flat hits where you need more action, and the ball tends to go down to the net (low arc ?). He is impressed with the ball quality (speed / spin) and says its very easy to drive FH. BH topspin at the table is very easy as well. BH a little back from the table needs a bit more technique than with a non-tacky rubber, because you need body, just swinging with the arm is not enough. Its very effective though

for the record, Yuichi YOKOHAMA is a former quarter-finalist at the National Championships

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
@Dan didn't you try the Dignics 09C on the BH side ?

i think you forgot to mention that D09C was replacing SpinArt which i believe is similar.

Hey Takkyu, yeah backhand side is good, in this review I just wanted to highlight the type of rubber that Dignics 09C is for. Ill do a follow up review looking at all shots soon. With the backhand it's great when you want to flick over the table and pick up backspin. Also the backhand block is really good. It's hard to generate tons of pace, will be interesting to see if pro's will use it both sides. I think it's going to be a forehand rubber, time will tell.