New Pickleball club to include TT. Suggestions wanted on Grand Opening.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
New Pickleball club to include TT - Suggestions wanted on Grand Opening

With the huge surge in pickleball in the US, a new club is opening in Florida and they want to include table tennis. I've meet the key reps and viewed the facility and agreed to help them organize their TT operation, assist in purchasing equipment, establish rules of play, make recommendations on costs and more. It's very exciting.

The TT space has 10 ft. ceilings so no sanctioned events but acceptable for local and regional play. I'm asking the TT community to share their thoughts on the Grand Opening of the Pickleball/Table Tennis facility. Obviously an exhibition of high skilled players is a thought. How about players who specialize in exhibition play? I've seen players on YouTube who specialize in trick and unconventional play. The intent of the Grand Opening is to gain interest for the community via TV and newspaper sports personnel. And TV likes visually appealing action. Share your ideas. This is a non profit operation that will have pickleball and TT available at all times when the facility is open. As a new non profit, they are watching the investment in equipment expenses, and the Grand Opening expenses to justify the costs .

The Grand Opening is September 26-27. Here's the link about the complex. https://pickleballdaytona.com/ and the table tennis mention is on line 6. NO DETAILS OF TT IS LISTED ON THE WEBSITE AS YET. I'm helping them coordinate and organize that.

One gets one time to make a first impression. Help me to help the new club with your thoughts, suggestions, contributions, donations, participation or more. I am donating my time and my work and my participation is voluntary without compensation. Share your ideas here or with a PM. But share.

Last edited:
Who is your intended TT audience? TT or pingpong players (I mean this sincerely)? Have you sampled local players to gauge if they're receptive? Meaning is there a TT community in Daytona?

If your in Daytona FL there are some clubs within a 1-2 hour drive. Maybe invite them for a hands-on workshop with local participants. Nothing like hooking people with involvement.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Who is your intended TT audience? TT or pingpong players (I mean this sincerely)? Have you sampled local players to gauge if they're receptive? Meaning is there a TT community in Daytona?

If your in Daytona FL there are some clubs within a 1-2 hour drive. Maybe invite them for a hands-on workshop with local participants. Nothing like hooking people with involvement.
Prior to checking this post, I was on the phone with a player an hour plus away from the site. I have discussed with several players locally, and Embry Riddle a nearby aviation college, with an international student body, has several players, and several nearby clubs. All have been supportive and interested. A favorable factor is some tables will be set up for play all times the facility is open, and specific times for Club play. We anticipate the occasional player will be an impulse player (one who sees the tables and decides to play on impulse) vs. club players seeking a higher skill of play at specific times.

We plan on inviting other players from other nearby clubs, and once established, maybe even an informal club to club challenge.

Last edited: