This user has no status.
I want a cheap but one time investment on a good decent blade which i found in stiga allround classic carbon cpen .
Any views on this blade ?
I found the price also decent
I haven't used it before so can't comment on it as an option. Looking at other reviews it does seem good but I also don't know your levels and what you want to focus on. Without that info or, more preferably, a video of you playing, any suggestion I offer may be not a good one.

Having said that, there are many timeless blades out there which aren't likely to be the wrong choice ;)

This user has no status.
Get a MEO or a Loki Black Flame (5 ply rosewood) if you want to save cash. Hard outer and carbon makes feeling difficult for looping and soft play but driving and fast blocks are improved.
Hard outer 5 ply is a good cpen idea. Take a OFF blade and a Chinese rubber. Faster blade will substitute for the slower rubbers and whatever backhand you like.
Realistically both will work you just get better feedback with wood over hard carbon

This user has no status.
Stiga have the worst quality of any manufacturer. The wood is rough and splinters and quite a few lines are prone to delamination. The wood only blades are fantastic feeling but be away they can break unexpectedly when changing rubbers or delamination for no reason.
The stiga carbon blades are medium good and never have been widely adopted.

This user has no status.
Get a MEO or a Loki Black Flame (5 ply rosewood) if you want to save cash. Hard outer and carbon makes feeling difficult for looping and soft play but driving and fast blocks are improved.
Hard outer 5 ply is a good cpen idea. Take a OFF blade and a Chinese rubber. Faster blade will substitute for the slower rubbers and whatever backhand you like.
Realistically both will work you just get better feedback with wood over hard carbon

I like yasaka malin extra offensive too it's good but is Loki ? A. Good blade ?

This user has no status.
I haven't used it before so can't comment on it as an option. Looking at other reviews it does seem good but I also don't know your levels and what you want to focus on. Without that info or, more preferably, a video of you playing, any suggestion I offer may be not a good one.

Having said that, there are many timeless blades out there which aren't likely to be the wrong choice ;)

I am yet a beginner who getting his strokes in an almost good manner who love doing topspin like xu xin , my range is mostly in mid range and i focus mainly on topspin but from many different table tennis player i know who told me feeling of the blade is more and i found out that we should consider that blade is the extent of our hand and i believe in that too .
So what i am searching for is a good feeling with decent speed and spin blade like stiga allround classic carbon , nittaku septear which i found many reviews of them to be good , do u have any review on nittaku septear?

This user has no status.
I am yet a beginner who getting his strokes in an almost good manner who love doing topspin like xu xin , my range is mostly in mid range and i focus mainly on topspin but from many different table tennis player i know who told me feeling of the blade is more and i found out that we should consider that blade is the extent of our hand and i believe in that too .
So what i am searching for is a good feeling with decent speed and spin blade like stiga allround classic carbon , nittaku septear which i found many reviews of them to be good , do u have any review on nittaku septear?
Not me personally. I haven't used that blade to have an opinion on it. Other coaches/people might have different philosophies - I believe most non-professionals don't need to pay top dollar to get reasonable equipment to enjoy table tennis with.

If you're progressing your strokes and continuing to build consistency I tend to recommend classic all wood blades (or clones with a similar structure). The Yinhe W6 is known as a good budget blade that's supposedly similar to the Yasaka Sweden Extra and is far cheaper. Pick one to start - preferably one that's cheap enough that you won't lose much sleep over. I use the Yasaka Sweden Extra as a backup/training blade myself and I love the amount of control it has.

The number of possibilities are almost endless and certainly too many for any human to try (but other equipment junkies, and I count myself among them, do have fun trying!)

This user has no status.
Not me personally. I haven't used that blade to have an opinion on it. Other coaches/people might have different philosophies - I believe most non-professionals don't need to pay top dollar to get reasonable equipment to enjoy table tennis with.

If you're progressing your strokes and continuing to build consistency I tend to recommend classic all wood blades (or clones with a similar structure). The Yinhe W6 is known as a good budget blade that's supposedly similar to the Yasaka Sweden Extra and is far cheaper. Pick one to start - preferably one that's cheap enough that you won't lose much sleep over. I use the Yasaka Sweden Extra as a backup/training blade myself and I love the amount of control it has.

The number of possibilities are almost endless and certainly too many for any human to try (but other equipment junkies, and I count myself among them, do have fun trying!)

It will be good for competition level ?
I meant i don't buy blades all the time and u said u use it for training but is it also preferably for competitions because i want to take table tennis seriously so .

This user has no status.

Any views on yasaka malin extra offensive cpen ?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The truth of the matter is that, since none of us have seen how you play it would be hard to make a recommendation of equipment that would be good for you. But the most important aspect of equipment is How It Feels To YOU. And none of us can really help you there.

Your best option would be to try as many blades from friends who you play with and people at your club as you can and, over time, you will start to know which setups you liked most. Then you are choosing based on your own experience trying the blades rather than someone else's opinion on how something feels to them.

Ma Lin Extra, I know it is often a good choice for penholders. In my hand, it felt really hard. But I don't play penhold and harder blades often seem to work well for penholders. But the best way to tell if it will be good for you would be to find someone who has it and try it.

Reactions: Jack Hsieh
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Man you have made 4 threads asking about blades in last week. You shouldn't do that. It is ok to make one thread and you can ask anyting you wanted there, but this is just spaming.

Edit: 5 threads, I just saw anotherone of your posts made 2 days ago

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Just try the MEO.

It was used by ma Lin and Wang hao basically their whole career since the HH and hh2 are similar to the MEO. And stiga intensity nct which was xx blade for ages. It's medium fast but with hurricane 3 neo it's controllable.
Penhold blades are hard outers because it benefits penhold larger strokes with more wrist and the tpb block better.

Most top penhold players of the last 30 years used a 5 ply all wood blade. Why worry about a nittaku septear Vs this that and the other. 5 Plies, a hard outer and it's all good. MEO is cheap and effective, stiga more expensive and looks pretty.

Get the carbon blade if you want but be aware it's just a MEO with worse feeling in real terms to you. Play with what inspires you if you need inspiration and get a MEO if you want cheap and best option

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Man you have made 4 threads asking about blades in last week. You shouldn't do that. It is ok to make one thread and you can ask anyting you wanted there, but this is just spaming.

Edit: 5 threads, I just saw anotherone of your posts made 2 days ago

I have decided that Marko is right. I am merging all of your threads into one thread. So, it will all appear here.

This user has no status.
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive

Hey everyone I am an intermediate level player who still progressing his skills and this will be my first time buying a table tennis custom blade cpen and due to consideration of my playing style which is kind of similar to xu xin and ma Lin I am looking forward to buy yasaka malin extra offensive which I found out turned out to be a good blade that even both of them used in Thier games .
It's not like I wanted to copy Thier style and buy that blade but that blade is quite cheap and I want to buy a decent budget cpen blade which I found in yasaka malin
extra offensive .
In addition to that I will buy dhs hurricane 3 neo hard (forehand) and my problem lies in the question that I wanted to buy raksa 7 hard for my backhand but i found that ma Lin used soft version .
Is there some problems with the combination of medium hard blade with soft raksa or is it because of ma Lin style he chose the soft version , I am confused in that matter .
I hope u can help me with it

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey everyone I am an intermediate level player who still progressing his skills and this will be my first time buying a table tennis custom blade cpen and due to consideration of my playing style which is kind of similar to xu xin and ma Lin I am looking forward to buy yasaka malin extra offensive which I found out turned out to be a good blade that even both of them used in Thier games .
It's not like I wanted to copy Thier style and buy that blade but that blade is quite cheap and I want to buy a decent budget cpen blade which I found in yasaka malin
extra offensive .
In addition to that I will buy dhs hurricane 3 neo hard (forehand) and my problem lies in the question that I wanted to buy raksa 7 hard for my backhand but i found that ma Lin used soft version .
Is there some problems with the combination of medium hard blade with soft raksa or is it because of ma Lin style he chose the soft version , I am confused in that matter .

I have already merged all of your threads. I just merged this one into the one that still is active.

If you are looking for equipment, for the next few months, till June 1, you have to post in this thread. You should not make new threads. This is not a request. If I end up seeing another thread where you are asking for equipment and it is not this thread, I will take actions that I doubt you want.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey guys I am still a developing cpen user and I want to further improve my skills I have been using an old retro six Plies DHS cpen but now that I want to buy my own custom blade and I found one which is 7 ply nittaku septear which I found is very pleasing with its reviews
My main features I want in my blade is feeling then spin and speen but mostly control which is feeling and I think this racket is good for that . But there this thing that it made of 7 all wood Plies
Is it good enough for modern day table tennis ? And I heard the head size is big ?

Hey guys I am still a developing cpen user and I want to further improve my skills I have been using an old retro six Plies DHS cpen but now that I want to buy my own custom blade and I found one which is 7 ply nittaku septear which I found is very pleasing with its reviews
My main features I want in my blade is feeling then spin and speen but mostly control which is feeling and I think this racket is good for that . But there this thing that it made of 7 all wood Plies
Is it good enough for modern day table tennis ? And I heard the head size is big ?
For the FH I chose to buy DHS hurricane neo 3 comm and bh I would need Ur help

Hey guys i was thinking to buy a good feeling blade and that's when i encountered this one by stiga
It's the upgraded carbon version of allround classic
I need some help in honest reviews of this blade of those u used it and how is it good for beginners to intermediate and if it's good for a beginner to go for tournaments.

extra offensive .

I do find it interesting that in some of your "thread" intros you describe yourself as a developing player, a beginner or, as an intermediate level player. Which one is it? Or, maybe, which 2 of 3 is it? :)

Last edited: