Hinoki 100%

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I wanted to buy a blade made of 100% hinoki with 5 or 7 layers, I think butterfly stopped selling the Kiso model and now I found the Garadya models but it has carbon. I like Nittaku Septear, Yinhe Kiso hinoki, Sanwei HC. If you can help me find differences (origin of the cypress, years of the tree, etc.) and propose other 100% hinoki models with 5 or 7 layers
Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Thank you very much for your answer, with yinhe I thought that if the name of the hinoki was kiso, the quality was good. Can you tell me 100% hinoki xiom models? I quite liked the Darker 7A but I am surprised by the price difference between one layer and 5/7 layers, the secret of the Japanese cypress is that it is 9-10mm and 1ply? Opinions about Nittaku septear? I'm only interested in new rackets, thank you very much!

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
I forgot that Nexy all hinoki blade that I reviewed years ago. Quality was also good.
I tried so hard to get the KJH blade a year back and never found anyone selling it.

Even the nexy europe store declined to ship it to India.

I don't know the reason though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you very much for your answer, with yinhe I thought that if the name of the hinoki was kiso, the quality was good. Can you tell me 100% hinoki xiom models? I quite liked the Darker 7A but I am surprised by the price difference between one layer and 5/7 layers, the secret of the Japanese cypress is that it is 9-10mm and 1ply? Opinions about Nittaku septear? I'm only interested in new rackets, thank you very much!

The Darker all Hinoki blades are better quality wood than any of the others.

The question would be whether you wanted a one ply or a 7 ply.

Also, you should know, that One Ply Hinoki blades are amazing and feel better than everything else but they are expensive and they are easy to break. If that matters to you, then you may want a 7 ply. Darker 7p-2a and 7p-2a.7t is an excellent blade. But nothing is as good as a Darker Speed 90 in terms of feeling. But, again, a one ply like the Darker Speed 90 is easy to break.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tabletennisbets
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

9-10mm blade are only for.1ply.blades, 5 or 7 ply can.be thinner, i played xiom.hinoki.s7 before available at aliexpress, it is very fast and controllable, with long trajectory, good feel, 1 ply.blades havebetter.feel but are too thick, if i will to.choose i will get the multiply

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Tabletennisbets
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
For me Septear is propably the best option and I had 50-60 Hinoki top ply blades.
If I will be honest
Gewo Quadri Aruna Hinoki Carbon is great
Nexy Arirang is perfect
But all wood blade is small market and only septear has feeling and good quality too

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Nexy made one or two multi-ply all hinoke blades and I never stocked them, wasn't enough USA interest. I think it was the Tama 7 ply and next is sold out of that one or whatever one they made.

On another note, the Kim Jung Hoon was easily the best selling Nexy Blade (it was branded Tibhar though) in USA, Nexy even had a second production run, unusual. Alas, they are all gone and you gotta send out the Goon Squad on a long-term surveillance and body-snatch mission.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
+1 on the Xiom Hinoki S7, excellent blade at exactly 7mm.

IMO 1 plies are overrated. Some people like the feel, but I find them to lack feel altogether. A ~7mm multi ply hinoki will feel more direct and solid while crisper.

1 step up are 7 ply basswood blades, even more crisp and substantial feeling. But you have to look vintage and can be a hit or miss.

Nittaku spruce (S-5) is also nice, another step up in hardness from the basswoods, but starts to loose penetrating feel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I have loved the story of the Darker brand and all its reviews are excellent. What is the difference between 7P2A7T and 7P2A? At the moment they are my favorites. In which store would you buy this brand? TT11? Darker do not have their own website to buy? The other one that I liked is the Moby with 7 layers of different Hinoki and a different structure in FH and BH I find it attractive. (You will tell me Wappak) Xiom S7 looks good but they no longer make it, I only found it on Aliexpress, will it be false? ($ 67) On the Xiom official website there are 3 new blades with hinok the Katana saga My feeling with this Korean brand is that they care about quality and details but want to compete with butterfly and their products are more expensive than they should be. My blessings to all and thank you very much for your time!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have loved the story of the Darker brand and all its reviews are excellent. What is the difference between 7P2A7T and 7P2A? At the moment they are my favorites. In which store would you buy this brand? TT11? Darker do not have their own website to buy? The other one that I liked is the Moby with 7 layers of different Hinoki and a different structure in FH and BH I find it attractive. (You will tell me Wappak) Xiom S7 looks good but they no longer make it, I only found it on Aliexpress, will it be false? ($ 67) On the Xiom official website there are 3 new blades with hinok the Katana saga My feeling with this Korean brand is that they care about quality and details but want to compete with butterfly and their products are more expensive than they should be. My blessings to all and thank you very much for your time!

The 7t indicates the difference in the two Darker blades. The 7p-2a is 6.3mm thick. The 7p-2a.7t is 7mm thick. So the 7t is thicker, a little heavier, and faster. The 7t is pretty fast.

This user has no status.

Currently playing with a Nittaku septear lead and it's a hinoki allwood blade, you get the nice feeling from the hinoki outer ply and the controlled but good speed from it. I've never had so much feeling as with this blade.
The blade has a little lower throw but the spin potential is just massive. The handle is a little smooth so to say but not slippery and it fits nice in the hand. What can I say, Nittaku quality. It's a nice blade for the price and I recommend it.