Dignics 09c

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Dignics 09c

A short review of my first impressions of this rubber where I will compare it with T05.

A tacky topsheet which is a bit oily/shiny. It can hold/lift the boll for about half a second. Bouncing the boll on the rubber, it feels like a Chinese rubber. Just a few bounces, then the ball dies and stays flat on the rubber.

Loops – Feels similar to T05. No need to adjust blade angle. Arc and trajectory is similar. Spin is hard to tell. My usual partner told me it was spinnier. However, he landed more blocks then usual. He did say that he adjusted his block more then usual though. The other players I played had problems put the blocks on the table, but I haven´t played them in a long time. So, I don´t really have anything to compare to. I would say similar spin or perhaps a bit more.
Drives – Feeling good. Similar to T05 or any jap/euro rubber and not like the typical tacky rubber.
Counterattacks – This is where this rubber excels! No need to adjust for your opponents spin. Just swing hard with your own pace and spin and it will land on the table. Attacks that I usually block, I now tend to counterattack instead.
Attacking long and half long serves – Easier. For same reasons as above.
Loops against backspin – The tacky rubber grips the ball better. So, it´s easier to loop against backspin. I get more balls on the table compared to T05.
Pushes – Felt easier with my forehand push. Trying it on the backhand however it was more difficult. I could get more spin, but they often went over the table or in the net.
Serves – This hard and tacky rubber makes serves lower, shorter and a bit spinnier.
Serve receive and short game – Attacking receives are easier and keeping the ball short is easier.
Blocking – Blocking is the main downside with this rubber compared to T05. I feel much safer blocking with T05.

I´ve heard that T05 awards active play and is not for passive play. But compared to D09C I feel T05 works better for passive play and D09C is even better for active play. Attacking half long serves, looping against backspin and counterattacks all works better because this rubber is less sensitive to incoming spin when you hit the ball with your own pace and spin.
Then you have the expected changes, pros and cons changing from a bouncier rubber like t05 to a harder, less bouncy d09c. Like not the same pace on wrist and smaller swings and that you must be more precise in timing and swing strokes.
Overall, I`m very pleased with this rubber. It makes me play more aggressive and with more confidence. I will keep this as my forehand rubber.

Being better than T05 for my forehand, I have to rate it 5 stars.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 3 reviews

I bought this rubber as I was curious. I only bought one sheet... for obvious reasons. I have played it 3 times at home in the garage against my robot so I still need to try it in matches when I can eventually get back to my club but one thing I can say is this rubber has so much more control than Tenergy 05. It feels closer to Hurricane 3 than to Tenergy 05. I have used Hurricane 3 before and the Dignics 09c is quicker.

Still unsure on how much spin I am producing ill know more when I play against people. When I put the robot to backspin setting i am top spinning the ball easily. The topsheet is very grippy.

Ill edit this review in the future as I need to test it more in matches, I can only try it against my robot so I need to see what it's like when someone attacks me.

This user has no status.

You can see my first impression and the rubber review here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6OPjq29skM.
This is after only an hour of playing with the rubber.

Now, after doing another 6 hours of training with it, but still only with the robot, some things have changed a little and I can say that I really like it and will continue to play with it.
I'm not really a fan of hard Chinese tacky rubbers, such as Hurricane 3, and I just expected something similar from Dignics 09c. But they are two very different rubbers. Also, I thought it would take me a lot more time to adjust, but at first there doesn't seem to be a drastic difference from the Dignics 05, which I usually play with, because there was no need for major changes in the angle of the racket on any strokes.
What I didn't mention in the video above, is that it is definitely less sensitive to incoming spin then D05, which gives the player a lot more confidence and it actually makes you attack everything. Counterattacks close to the table are excellent. Before, for some counterattacks I would take a step or two back because I would be more secure in my shot, but now I can do the same counterattacks close to the table, which then makes me more dangerous, and since I have short pips on the backend, that are not for playing off the table, it is even more advantageous to stay at the table.
After the first few serves, it did not seem to be so good for the serves because of its hardness, but now after 2 hours of serve training, I can say that it is great for the serves because the serves are shorter, lower and have more spin.
For now, it's more than promising, we'll see when I try it with the real players, not only the robot.

Reactions: Tuppe

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

Hey guys, here's my latest review on the Dignics 09C rubber by Butterfly!

Unfortunately there’s no practice footage in the is review due to the lockdown but rest assured we had tested it thoroughly.

I highlight 5 key things you need to know about this rubber:

This user has no status.

Two of the most discussed rubbers on the market right now and here is my honest review (after using hurricanes for 3 years+ and the dignics 09c for 3 days)

dignics09ch3.jpg

We all want that grippy yet bouncy Chinese rubber , that is why boosting and all those booster glues become a part of our gear .Boosting makes a grippy Chinese rubber have more spring and bounce in the sponge( but sometimes over boosting makes the top sheet lose its grip) , one must be very careful as for the amount of booster used could affect the quality of the boosted rubber and boosting also makes the rubber last shorter (cuz boosting sinks into the sponge and damages it).

Enough intro , i guess butterfly came out with Dignics 09c to tackle the Chinese rubber market and they did it superbly well , from my experience Dignics 09c is exactly equivalent to a boosted hurricane 3 39 degrees hardness .... but the thing is you don't have to boost ! And u don't have to wait for 3-4 days of the boost , and another 3 days to clear the top sheet ( brand new Chinese rubbers are very hard to play in the first 3 days due to the tackiness)

One downside compared to the Hurricane 3 is the grip is lesser , so serving and short balls need some adjustments.

Coming from a Hurricane 3 user i am very satisfied and i am sticking to it (but also keeping a H3 on another blade because they have their advantages), what i would look forward to is Dignics 09c HARD ! because as i said it is equal to a 39 degree boosted , but i come from 40-41 degree so im sure butterfly could go harder.

Next thing to test is longevity , i play with Dignics 05 on backhand and it lasted 2 months of 2+hours play per day so that is about 70 hours .. lets see how long will Dignics 09c last

So if u are a Chinese rubber user like me , but are lazy to boost and are tired of the wear and tear and unpredictableness i suggest u to try them out :)

Pro's and cons comparison between H3

Pros

1.Spin : my practice partners used to be able to block my shots with less efforts , now they need more handling
2.Quality shots : the rubber generates so much speed and spin i can focus my thoughts on accuracy and precision
3. Forgiveness : sometimes my techniques are incorrect but the ball still lands on the other side (when playing with hurricane that doesn't happen because hurricanes needs lot of power to generate the grip on the ball) , in other terms dignics is quiet user friendly

Cons

1: Higher arc : i can feel that the ball that lands on the other side has a higher arc , which makes it easier for an opponent to take his time to block or counterattack once they r used to the spin
2. Less catapult effect : after hitting a shot although the ball is spinnier than before i feel the ball not racing forward but jumping upwards instead

Reactions: BryanY and nazarit

Dignics 09c was a very hyped rubber I remember first seeing this on LARC where it was originally labelled Tenergy 09c. Fast-forward 2 years and we have what is described as a unique combination of a tacky topsheet with the spring sponge x.

I think many people wondered if this rubber could be the end of needing to boost H3 every 4-8 weeks (depending on level and the amount you play).

During my review I compare the rubber to the following competitors (T05, H3N Blue Sponge and Tibhar MXS)

Spin
Now this was the section I found most interested to find out how did the Dignics 09c stack up to the other competitors. After about 5 hours with the rubber I was certain that this was definitely more spin than MXS. In top gears the 09c offered higher rotation than T05 and H3. The only time T05 came out on top was when you wanted the spin in the lower gears. 09c= 9.6/10 (T05 = 9.2/10, H3 = 9.4/10 & MXS = 9.0/10)

Speed
To be honest I wasn't expecting to be blown away 09c as I knew the downside of tacky rubbers are, they lack speed as the ball stays on the bat longer. This was sort of the case with 9c but not to the same amount of H3 a 09c sponge still feels abit softer than H3(it sits in between MXS and H3). I was impressed by the rubber gave what you put in so in the short game where you didn't use long explosive strokes the ball engaged mainly with the topsheet which helps keep it on the table (which rubbers like T05 struggle with) however when you was attacking or engaging the sponge the rubber become more lively and had more than enough speed to finish off the point. 09c = 8.8/10 (T05 =9.3/10, H3 = 8.6/10 & MXS 9.0/10)

Control
This was another aspect of the rubber that had been hyped not only by pro's changing to this rubber but also all of them stating how much control this rubber has and how this gives them extra confidence during the rallies. I was abit skeptical with these claims but after using this rubber they're totally correct. I felt that the added tackiness seemed to drag the trajectory of the balls flight down on the oppositions side and this allowed me to add more power into my shots. In the short game the tackiness helped keep my receive/push tight. 09c = 9.0/10 (T05 = 7.0/10, H3 = 8.5/10 & MXS = 8.8/10

Final Thoughts
This rubber is a premium rubber that has tons of spin capabilities, very good control and more than enough speed having said this 09c isn't suited to everyone, Beginners and intermediate players should leave this until later on there are better alternatives out there for you. Players that are used to soft sponge rubbers this type of rubber won't give you that same feeling and will require practice to become accustomed to. I do think going forward this will take over T05 as being the benchmark for spin rubbers. Overall rating: Dignics 09c 9.5/10

Reactions: BryanY
4 out of 5 rating for Dignics 09c

Uncut Weight: 75 grams at 2.1mm
1. topsheet is slightly tacky only. Imagine Spinart but with a slightly tacky surface
2. speed is off to off+. It is significantly slower than Dignics 05 and slightly slower than Tenergy 05.
3. Spin sensitivity is more compared to Tenergy 05 and D05 with the D05 being the easiest to handle.
4. Arc is lower than T05 or D05.
5. D05 is the easiest to produce spin, on higher levels the D09c might be spinnier but it needs more effort. There are instances that both T05 and D05 are much more spinny.
6. Its strength is more on spin drives and counters near and away from the table and it outshines T05 and D05 in that area.

for more detailed review please check this link:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...ing-and-Butterfly-Dignics-09c-Comparison-Test

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

What's going on guys, today I'm joined alongside the German table tennis powerhouse Dimitrij Ovtcharov! In this video we compare the new Dignics 09C to Tenergy 05.

Find out Dima's thoughts on Butterfly's new tacky rubber and on how he thinks it compares to Tenergy 05.

Reactions: BryanY
This user has no status.
2 out of 5 rating for Dignics 09c

I expected a good competitor for hurricane coming from butterfly. Unfortunately, this is not the case with the Dignics 09C. The rubber ,although tacky, doesn’t quite have the stickiness as hurricane therefore it can be a struggle to deal with half long balls / generate pace and spin. On the forehand I really struggled to generate pace. It really is a lot slower than the likes of tenergy 05 ,MXP etc.
The pace issue isn’t as evident on the backhand, if you are used to blocking /countering on that side. Blocking is where Dignics really shines. It’s almost effortless. Still I prefer tenergy 64 on the backhand as you get the blocking ability with added pace.

Dignics 09C has great control . It shines in the touch game and service receive game where you can really cause problems for your opponent by keeping receives low and short. The control factor also makes counter top spins easier.
The high end spin of Dignics is also good,if you really brush the ball. Although , you will be punished if you don’t get the swing right this can feel really frustrating.The very hard sponge of Dignics 09C makes it especially difficult. This is similar to hurricane but at least with hurricane you get the added spin to help you(as hurricane’s top sheet is extremely sticky which is important)

I don’t feel like butterfly have hit the nail on the head with this. If you are looking for a Chinese /euro rubber hybrid there are far better options for a fraction of the price .Such as the fast arc g1 for example or donic m1.
If you are using hurricane , don’t make the switch to Dignics 09C it just isn’t as good (less top end spin and speed),although they have similar characteristics.

Reactions: P1ngP0ng3r
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 2 reviews

Dignics 09c is an excellent rubber .. In general, it combines better with stiffer woods .. I tried it on 3 different woods and responds differently in each one .. Positives is the effect, short game, service and counter-attack explosion ... Negative points just her weight really ..

On one of the woods i compared it to Tenergy 05.Tenergy 05 is one of the best rubbers ever made, but the 09c is the innovation for new plastic balls ... It seems. me that the transition went well because the 09c is a rubber that can be used by professionals or amateurs ... the problem i find with 05 is you need good technique and control so only for good players. 09C can be used by anyone as it's slower.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Dignics 09c

I bit the bullet and bought a sheet of 09C black max.I have been using Neo H3 Provincial blue sponge 41 degree, boosted with 4 layers of seamoon oil.I replaced the H3 with 09C on the same blade - Stiga nostalgic OFF. After 5 hours of play, I can write the following comparison.ServiceH3 definitely reign in short spinny service. I struggled to keep my service short with 09C. It's claimed to be tacky. But the tack is about 20% of what is on H3. Understandably it was difficult to produce comparable spin with 09C.Close to table flat hit09C reigns in this area due to the powerful sponge and semi-tacky topsheet. But the ball tends to go very long. I had to adjust the angle.Lifting back spinBoth are equally easy in this area. It is quite easy to engage the sponge in 09C to produce tons of spin. However, H3 still produces more spin.Topspin rallyIt is easier to counter loop topspin with 09C. You don't have to have a full swing to do power loop.Let's 50% power produces 70 spin in 09C, and 60 spin in H3. 70% power produces 80 spin in 09C but 85 spin in H3. If you give 80-90% of your full swing, 09C might top at 100 but H3 can go 120.Bear in mind, I was using 41 degree H3. If you use 39degree you might bottom out sooner, thus equal spin with 09C.ConslusionSpin (service, loop in high impact): H3>09CSpin (loop in low to medium impact): H3=09CSpeed: H3<09C