Xiom Omega 7 China Guang and Ying

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Does Guang have a higher throw than Hyper? I have Hyper, the hardness, lack of tack, and pretty low throw angle, combined with long trajectory make it unnecessarily difficult to hit a consistent attacking shot on backhand compared to some other rubbers.

Did you get a noticeable difference switching from max to 2.0 thickness?

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66
says Hi thanks for your reply. May I know what rubber are you...
Hyper is already the fastest omega 7. Omega 7 china is the spinniest but a notch slower than hyper. Sonfar omega 7 tour and hyper are almost equal.

Hi Yogi, how you compare O7C Guang with Tau 2? Are both is almost same with Tau 2 which is more tacky surface? Tau 2 price is lot cheaper and it is close I think is it a good buy (as Understand Omega7 sponge is too notch in Omega7 series)

Hi Yogi, how you compare O7C Guang with Tau 2? Are both is almost same with Tau 2 which is more tacky surface? Tau 2 price is lot cheaper and it is close I think is it a good buy (as Understand Omega7 sponge is too notch in Omega7 series)
You should read the review but Tau ii is more like for people who like chinese rubbers like h3. Tau ii is sticky and way slower.

Reactions: OtaruTT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
It would seem that if you have already used Hurricane 3, then putting National version on a faster blade should be good, based on my experience. If you keep the same blade, it seems this Tau ll might be faster, I'm not sure, but the Guang and Ying are definitely faster but less tacky, based on what I've read.

Not sure what offers the most benefits while giving the highest margin of error though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
I'm actually curious about whether the Omega 7 Hyper is more spinny than the Omega 7 Pro in all aspects or only in drives? And by how much?

I'm actually curious about whether the Omega 7 Hyper is more spinny than the Omega 7 Pro in all aspects or only in drives? And by how much?

I myself find the omega pro less spinny compared to other O7 rubbers. Hyper spins really heavily.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
So would you say that the Omega 7 Tour is the Omega 7 Hyper with just a little less spin and speed, a higher throw, and a bit more dwell due to some tackiness? Or does the Hyper have better control in the short game also?

Seems I'd be sacrificing an amazing short game by switching to the Pro.

so would i need to boost guang to fix that lack of speed? and what is the difference between hyper and ying ? or is harder u hit faster it goes?
Guang and ying are not slow but compared to non tacky esn rubbers they are slower. When compared to hurricane 3, the omega 7 china rubbers are marginally faster.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Guang and ying are not slow but compared to non tacky esn rubbers they are slower. When compared to hurricane 3, the omega 7 china rubbers are marginally faster.

awesome so what H3 version are u meaning? neo domestic , pro or national or orange or blue?
im guessing neo orange prov? with or without oil?
and by the sounds of it the Dignics 09c is similar to Omega 7 asia? and also using 09c and aibiss they are similar rubbers but aibiss needs oil way too hard
kind regards

Last edited:
awesome so what H3 version are u meaning? neo domestic , pro or national or orange or blue?
im guessing neo orange prov? with or without oil?
and by the sounds of it the Dignics 09c is similar to Omega 7 asia? and also using 09c and aibiss they are similar rubbers but aibiss needs oil way too hard
kind regards

I have aibiss and d09c also. Aibiss is more like a tacky spinart but it is way slower than d09c. All h3 versions are slower than Tau ii unless heaily boosted.