FT - Butterfly Innerforce ALC FL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
FT/FS - Butterfly Innerforce ALC FL - SOLD

NOW SOLD

Currently having quite a lot of time on my hands and not able to play TT, I've been going through equipment I no longer use.

I have a Butterfly Innerforce ALC, Flared, professionally sealed by Tees Sport. W̶e̶i̶g̶h̶s̶ ̶9̶4̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶(̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶9̶3̶-̶9̶4̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶i̶t̶y̶)̶
EDIT: I have double checked the weight on some jeweller's scales and it is actually 94.9g

Purchased in 2012, used for one season, then left in a drawer and forgotten about. Some very minor damage around the edge, which I've tried to show as best I can.

I would ideally like to swap it for something more similar to what I use now - so a little lighter, harder and with a straight handle.

EDIT: in response to requests for a price to sell, I would be willing to sell at £75 including tracked post in the UK. (Other countries may or may not be possible currently, but I would charge the difference in cost between domestic and international shipping, if a reliable service is available.)

innerforce-alc-8-sml.jpg

innerforce-alc-9-sml.jpg

innerforce-alc-7-sml.jpg

innerforce-alc-6-sml.jpg

innerforce-alc-5sml.jpg

innerforce-alc-4-sml.jpg

innerforce-alc-3-sml.jpg

innerforce-alc-2-sml.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would ideally like to swap it for something more similar to what I use now - so a little lighter, harder and with a straight handle

Price pkz

Looks like OP is looking to trade. However, Sedis, if you were thinking of selling, you would need to list a price.

It might be worth doing that because it sounds it sounds like you want something specific whereas, someone may just be willing to pay for the item.

Also, Basmundo, for you, you should know that the IF ALC is different than the Innerforce Layer ALC. However, I like the Innerforce ALC better than the IFL ALC. Different wood. Off the top of my head I think it is that: IF has Limba-Limba as first two plies. IFL has Limba-Spruce as first two layers.

This user has no status.
Looks like OP is looking to trade. However, Sedis, if you were thinking of selling, you would need to list a price.

It might be worth doing that because it sounds it sounds like you want something specific whereas, someone may just be willing to pay for the item.

Also, Basmundo, for you, you should know that the IF ALC is different than the Innerforce Layer ALC. However, I like the Innerforce ALC better than the IFL ALC. Different wood. Off the top of my head I think it is that: IF has Limba-Limba as first two plies. IFL has Limba-Spruce as first two layers.
Thanks for the tip USDCarl. I had missed that subtle difference. Must be my age!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks for the tip USDCarl. I had missed that subtle difference. Must be my age!

Just figured I would make sure you knew that they were two different blades. Both are excellent though. IFL ALC should be a little faster but it will not hold the ball on the blade as long. So the blade above will help you generate more spin.

Oh, and if his profile is accurate it looks like he has it listed that he is using an Nittaku Violin Carbon blade.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
Just to clarify, The Innerforce ALC and the Innerforce Layer ALC are the same composition, limba - limba - alc - ayous - alc - limba - limba, if I remember correctly they list the new one as 6.0mm and the original was listed as 5.9mm, but I think for all intents and purposes they are the same.

The Blade Carl is talking about is the Innerforce layer ALC.S, which does indeed have spruce as the second layer and is also thinner at 5.5mm

My profile is correct and I am currently using a Violin Carbon, however, my current thinking is to wait until the current restrictions ease up a bit and then re-list the blade, along with a few other Limba outer blades, with a price, for sale.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

IF ALC and IFL ALC both are Limba Limba. IFL ALC.S is Limba spruce hence the S at end of ALC.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Just to clarify, The Innerforce ALC and the Innerforce Layer ALC are the same composition, limba - limba - alc - ayous - alc - limba - limba, if I remember correctly they list the new one as 6.0mm and the original was listed as 5.9mm, but I think for all intents and purposes they are the same.

The Blade Carl is talking about is the Innerforce layer ALC.S, which does indeed have spruce as the second layer and is also thinner at 5.5mm

My profile is correct and I am currently using a Violin Carbon, however, my current thinking is to wait until the current restrictions ease up a bit and then list it, along with a few other Limba outer blades, with a price, for sale.

Thanks!

I don't have knowledge of the composition of the IALC and ILALC but TTGEARLAB does indeed suggest that they are of an identical construction consisting of Limba:Ayous:Arylate:Ayous:Arylate:Ayous:Limba. It seems that there are different opinions depending upon which site you view online but I have to say that TTGEARLAB appear the most thorough in their review.

This user has no status.
Just figured I would make sure you knew that they were two different blades. Both are excellent though. IFL ALC should be a little faster but it will not hold the ball on the blade as long. So the blade above will help you generate more spin.

Oh, and if his profile is accurate it looks like he has it listed that he is using an Nittaku Violin Carbon blade.
So it seems that the IF ALC is a discontinued blade; replaced by the updated IFL ALC. As previously stated, they are of identical construction but the IF ALC is a little slower due to having a slightly thinner core, making it more flexible?

This user has no status.

My profile is correct and I am currently using a Violin Carbon, however, my current thinking is to wait until the current restrictions ease up a bit and then re-list the blade, along with a few other Limba outer blades, with a price, for sale.

Thanks!
I would have considered purchasing, especially based on UpSideDownCarls recommendation, but need to be ready for resumption of play at the end of lockdown so I think I will order an alternative blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
In response to requests for a price to sell, I would be willing to sell at £75 including tracked post in the UK. (Other countries may or may not be possible currently, but I would charge the difference in cost between domestic and international shipping, if a reliable service is available.)

I have also double checked the weight on some better scales and found out it is 94.9g

This user has no status.
In response to requests for a price to sell, I would be willing to sell at £75 including tracked post in the UK. (Other countries may or may not be possible currently, but I would charge the difference in cost between domestic and international shipping, if a reliable service is available.)

I have also double checked the weight on some better scales and found out it is 94.9g
Thanks Sedis but I think that is a bit too much for me. Also surprised at the weight. IFL ALC is quoted as 90gm and the IF ALC is meant to have a thinner blade.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks Sedis but I think that is a bit too much for me. Also surprised at the weight. IFL ALC is quoted as 90gm and the IF ALC is meant to have a thinner blade.

Because all blades are made of wood, there is always a large range of weights. This is totally normal.

As an idea of ranges: I have seen a 79 gram Viscaria and I have seen a 98 gram Viscaria, and everything in between.

When a blade is listed with a 90grams +/- 5 grams, really, all that means is anywhere between 85-95 grams is normal but 80 and 100 grams are still possible.

Again, this is because blades are made of wood which is a substance that at one point was alive.

Which means, if you have a specific weight range in mind when you are going to purchase a blade, you ask the place you are buying from to weigh blades and tell you what they have. Often high quality stores will have the blades weighed and marked before hand so all they have to do is look at what is listed when you ask for a weight and then they can tell you what they have that is closest to your desired weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sedis