Use robots on 3/4 size tables?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Hi all,

Since I am stuck at home for the next few weeks (or months maybe :(). I am thinking of buying a table tennis table and a robot to have fun and practice at home. Unfortunately, I don't have enough space to get a standard size table. The next best thing I can fit is 3/4 size tables like the Butterfly Junior Stationary Table.
This table is ~ 70 CM (~28 inches) shorter in length and 36 CM shorter in width than a standard size table.
My question is does anyone know/have experience if robots can work on those smaller tables?
I am thinking about one of the Newgy or Butterfly Amicus robots. Is it possible to adjust the height of the robot and/or the trajectory of the ball to make sure it lands on the table?
I am an advanced beginner/intermediate player and only play at work. So I won't be practicing for any serious league games.
Any help/tips are appreciated.
Thank you.

This user has no status.
I had the same problem as I only have room for a (Joola) midi size table in the basement.

You can use the Amicus robots as they allow for calibration and height adjustment. After doing so - which is easy - you can use the robot on the midi size tables as well for all imaginable drills. Only a few of the preset drills tend to go long, so you will have to adjust the lenght and save changes on a few of these.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Thank you very much guys. I am super happy that this setup is possible. I really miss playing TT. Tom's video couldn't have come at a better time. I follow his channel and watch most of his videos. It doesn't really look that bad playing on 3/4 size table. I will probably go for the Amicus expert robot. It seems to have a good balance of features/price in the Amicus family.