Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys,

Here's my latest review of the Dignics 09C rubber by Butterfly!

Unfortunately there’s no practice footage in the is review due to the lockdown but rest assured I've tested thoroughly. Interesting rubber this one, looking forward to hearing how you guys found it.

See you in the comments!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Like how you addressed the elephants in the room (price and comparison to H3N). Would be interesting to know how the durability of the rubber/tackiness lasts once people start using it regularly.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Thanks Dan. D09C sounds like my R53. I switch between R53 and blue sponge H3 provincial without much adjustment. But counterloop with R53 is a breeze with crystal clear feel.

Hey guys,

Here's my latest review of the Dignics 09C rubber by Butterfly!

Unfortunately there’s no practice footage in the is review due to the lockdown but rest assured I've tested thoroughly. Interesting rubber this one, looking forward to hearing how you guys found it.

See you in the comments!

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
https://translate.yandex.ru/?lang=en-ru
НЕТ ХУДА БЕЗ ДОБРА. (о ценах на спортивный инвентарь).

Любителей настольного тенниса, кто не погибнет насмерть от обширной легочной пневмонии, ожидает приятный сюрприз к началу лета 2020.
Согласно базовых законов товарного рынка производители теннисного инвентаря начнут занижать отпускные цены на свои продукты. Чем дольше будет сохранятца всемирный режим самоизоляции, тем больше будет ценовой дискаунт. Важно отметить что для професионального инвентаря упадение цен будет более заметное чем для инвентаря рекреакционной категории. Это очень очевидно, поскольку клубные залы будут закрыты надолго, а уличный настольный теннис будет развиватца широкими темпами.

Отслеживать динамику цен следует на официальных сайтах производителя, Местные торговцы будут держать цены до последнего живого клиента. Суки.

Translated to English by Google.
THERE'S A SILVER LINING. (about prices for sports equipment).

Those lucky table tennis fans who do not die from extensive pulmonary pneumonia will be happily surprised by the early summer 2020.
According to the basic laws of the commodity market, manufacturers of tennis equipment will begin to lower the selling prices of their products. The longer the world self-isolation regime is maintained, the greater the price discount will be. It is important to note that for professional inventory the price drop will be more noticeable than for recreational inventory. This is very obvious, because the club intramural activity will be closed for a long time, while outdoor table tennis will develop on at a wide pace.
It is advisable that You track the price dynamics on the manufacturer's official websites. Local merchants will keep prices up to the last live customer. Thugs they're.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wister and TTLOVE

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Totally agree Dan. Especially with no. 4! Counterattacks is so much easier and you feel much more confident attacking the ball.

Hi Sam, yeah counterattacks are really good with the Dignics 09C i agree, I think when you're use to something like Tenergy, you will find this type of rubber a lot easier to counter with and to play short etc. You lose out on speed a bit but other areas of the game become easier.

Like how you addressed the elephants in the room (price and comparison to H3N). Would be interesting to know how the durability of the rubber/tackiness lasts once people start using it regularly.

Hey yeah ill do a review a few months later so I can test the durability, i'm interested in this to. I found the Dignics 05 to be very durable, so will be interesting to see if the 09C will be to as it has a different top sheet. Will be interesting.

Thanks Dan. D09C sounds like my R53. I switch between R53 and blue sponge H3 provincial without much adjustment. But counterloop with R53 is a breeze with crystal clear feel.

Yeah harder rubbers I feel are easier to counter with, especially the tacky ones.

SpinArt had a very hard sponge and was very tacky. D09C is replacing SpinArt which is not produced anymore.

Hi Takkyu, yeah SpinArt is not produced anymore, I didn't use it much but I feel 09C is quite a lot gripper than the SpinArt. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you've tried it.

How is the black/ red tackiness compared? I heard for H3 you always want black because red is much worse. Is this the same on the d09c? I have red as my forehand rubber.

Good question, I only have a black sheet at the moment. I remember hearing this with Hurricane 3 that the black version is a lot better... for whatever reason. Once I have both colours ill see if I can feel a different between the two.

Great review thank you Dan!
But I was wondering why you stopped playing with Timo Boll ALC? I think the combination with TBL ALC and Dignics 09C will be great! Maybe you can tell us more why you choose in your last match "Dan plays real match" Innerforce Layer ALC?

Thanks Bilal, good question! in the lead up to me playing that real match I practiced 4/5 times a week. I played a few practice matches and found when someone was attacking me first and I was under pressure I was struggling to block well. I thought I'd give the innerforce a quick go as I remembered when trying it out it was superb for blocking. I then realised I could attack well with it to. With the Boll ALC I feel my shot quality is higher but my short game with the innerforce is better. And going into the match with little match experience I wanted something with a bit more control. If I was playing matches and tournaments often I would be more use to a Boll ALC in this environment.

Although saying this, I'm currently trying the Viscaria as I feel it's a touch slower than the Boll ALC and a bit closer to what I'm use to.

Having said that haha, you're right the Boll ALC could combine very well with the Dignics 09C. I think i'm going to test a few combinations after lockdown and will have a better idea. I see you're using the Boll ALC, how are you finding it?

Reactions: Dream2K and SFF_lib
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Having said that haha, you're right the Boll ALC could combine very well with the Dignics 09C. I think i'm going to test a few combinations after lockdown and will have a better idea. I see you're using the Boll ALC, how are you finding it?

Thank you Dan for your answer.
I and many non-professional players have the same problems with this racket. Additionally it is difficult to counter long sidespin serves. I would probably change the rubber before I change the racket. Maybe Xiom Vega Pro or now the Dignics 09C with more block characteristics can help. However, before I change the equipment I want to give everything in practice and see if its help :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hi Sam, yeah counterattacks are really good with the Dignics 09C i agree, I think when you're use to something like Tenergy, you will find this type of rubber a lot easier to counter with and to play short etc. You lose out on speed a bit but other areas of the game become easier.
This is so true! Last session I went back to T05 for a few strokes and it felt so fast. I missed that speed, but realised I play better, more active and with more confidence with the slower D09c. T05 is a lot bouncier but I think the top speed on really hard swings is similar. What I like with D09c is that is just not a slower rubber that offers more control, it´s also very spinny.

This user has no status.
How long does a dignics rubber last?
im guessing 09c will last longer?

Too early to tell.These are pictures of my rubbers after approximately 25 hours of play against a robot. As you can see there are already some obvious wear marks. The discolorations on the red rubber already happened after a few hours of play. I guess it happened because I have the bad habit of moving my finger on certain forehand shots. Normally it takes a couple of months before you can see the finger marks on rubbers but with dignics 09c it happened already after a few hours of play. It doesn't affect the performance of the rubber though.

Attachments

• dignics 09c 2.jpg
    dignics 09c 2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,595
  • dignics 9c1.jpg
    dignics 9c1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,547