I need a faster blade

My rubbers are H3 Neo on Forehand and Palio AK47 Blue on backhand. I feel like the fextra that I got lacks the higher gears. anyway I'll just upgrade to better rubbers and train more considering it is only my first year in table tennis. thanks y'all

Unless your Chinese rubbers are not boosted, you are already at the point where you are not getting the juice of your rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Unless your Chinese rubbers are not boosted, you are already at the point where you are not getting the juice of your rubbers.
I guess so. one option I consider is getting a quality 5-ply OFF like Tibhar SPW or Xiom OFF S and put on some better and faster rubbers would that be a good idea?

Dude, the Fextra is already faster than both SPW and Offensive s. Why not try ESN rubbers that are sticky fir the forehand like Joola Golden Tango PS, Xiom Vega China and for the bh probably Vega Europe. Here is the thing, you have already grown accustomed to that blade which means your level of feel and control is already good so as much as possible stay with it. You can always compensate speed with faster rubbers.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_Echte said:
I also need to invest in future beachfront property in Arizona while the getting is good, but this Corona thing has got the people who close land sales kinda unavailable right about now.

If anyone didn't get it, the next big earthquake is gunna detach California to fall into the sea... so Arizona would be the hot West Coast beachfront.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. I think Yogi has a good point: if you are using slow, Chinese Tacky rubbers and you are not boosting the living hell out of them, then the problem is not the speed of the blade. Get some rubbers that help you a little.

Otherwise, you have to be prepared for what Der_Echte is warning about: that Kalifornia is going to sink into the sea!

If anyone didn't get it, the next big earthquake is gunna detach California to fall into the sea... so Arizona would be the hot West Coast beachfront.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
My rubbers are H3 Neo on Forehand and Palio AK47 Blue on backhand. I feel like the fextra that I got lacks the higher gears. anyway I'll just upgrade to better rubbers and train more considering it is only my first year in table tennis. thanks y'all

Ak47 is pretty good for it's price, but if you put in some money you can get increase in both control, spin and speed. The H3 Neo on the other hand, I'm not so sure about apart from developing stroke touches...
Did you ever try Ak 47 on your fh for killer shots? How would a harder/faster/spinnier version of that rubber sound? Or do you prefer the tacky chinese rubber on fh?
The Ak-47 blue version is 38-40 degrees sponge, which is medium-soft ish.. you could upgrade to Tenergy or Dignics ofc, but, "cheaper" options like: Tibhar Evolution MX-P or Andro Rasanter (all having models with different sponge hardness) would be a premium upgrade. Personally, I'd recommend MX-P. On hard shots MX-P would definitely provide the extra "kick" you need. Rasanter R42 would be about the same speed as Ak 47, but upgrade on all other aspects.
If you prefer a tacky fh rubber, Yogi had some great suggestions though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I just took off the rubbers on my fextra and did the test in came at about 1227hz which is low I think compared to other fextra that is in the table

That is a rather low score though... Especially taking in consideration that they usually result in around ~1330-1350. You might indeed have gotten a slower Fextra indeed.

This user has no status.
Hello! I own two of Fextra 7, and both are quite different. The first one has flared handle, 90g and weight ballanne more head heavy. The second one is ST handle, 94g with medium weight ballance. The Fextra with a ST handle is mutch faster, with high sound and crispy feeling. It Is even faster than Innerforce Layer Alc. The flared handle Fextra is just off- like descripion. Both play amazing with Yasaka Rakza 7 bh max, and boosted Yinhe Jupiter II on fh.
Btw. Sanwei Fextra 7 has handle empty inside.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka